BIB are having a hell of a great day

bubblegum

Since to "Cops on Sai Juan" is closed I made a new thread.

Today, about 2 PM I thought there was some kind of party at the Freebird bar ! WOW at least 50 tourists waiting to pay the BIB fines.

They were so busy anyone could just drive thru without being checked.

That's a great corner for the bib. They knew Freebirds Mrs and were allowed to set up there, and now Gig's Mr bought that area so I'm sure the bib are still allowed carte blanche.

More reason to boycott the place.

Knights in shining armour facilitating the police always seems to be the norm here, lifts their connected in Thailand status.

Next we'll see the Bib down there wearing gigs jam pub polo shirts.

The volunteer tourisr constabulary have an office set up at that intersection. I have absolutely no idea why. Considering it's mainly expats in that area. I think the guy that opened that branch sells real estate to Russians in that area. He must be Russian himself.

That's a great corner for the bib. They knew Freebirds Mrs and were allowed to set up there, and now Gig's Mr bought that area so I'm sure the bib are still allowed carte blanche.

Knights in shining armour facilitating the police always seems to be the norm here, lifts their connected in Thailand status.

So what do you expect the owners there to do, refuse a request from the BIB and get hassled every day for licenses, sound, etc?

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

just get a licence 100baht.. hahah..
Yeah, every tourist should be at the licence department at 8.30 am on arrival.

Well worth it for a short holiday?

Easy, people riding a bike should have a bike license. A lot of them really have no clue about bike riding anyway and should not be riding one, they're endangering themselves and other road users.

• Like 2

Easy, people riding a bike should have a bike license. A lot of them really have no clue about bike riding anyway and should not be riding one, they're endangering themselves and other road users.

True. Too many times, I rented out a bike to a tourist, and then saw him/her riding off very unsteadily, needing the full width of the road. Could be a solution to make the person renting out the bike partly responsible for damages.

• Like 1

So what do you expect the owners there to do, refuse a request from the BIB and get hassled every day for licenses, sound, etc?

No. They have to facilitate them so the noise complaints aren't acted upon.

Already people are sick of the wailing repetitive crap that filters out of that place.

Let's just agree that the only way for this to be rectified is set up a licence department at the airport. Sit the tests as you clear immigration.

Just have a valid motorcycle license, which 95% of tourists do not have

And wear a helmet, lots of people do not they carry then in the basket and put them on when they see the BIB

To late to put it on when you see the roadblock because the BIB have seen you

Edited by nedkellylives

Let's just agree that the only way for this to be rectified is set up a licence department at the airport. Sit the tests as you clear immigration.

How are they going to do riding tests at the airport, there is no room for parking without puting in a test track

I do find it amusing that when the BIB's actually do their job and enforce the law it is always seen as a scam. As with every country I know the law says you need a license to drive a vehicle on the roads. How is Thailand some how different ?

Would a European going to America expect to be exempt from having a license to ride or drive there just because he was a tourist ?

sad.png

Its considered a scam when farangs are targeted and helmetless and underage thai riders just proceed through that same checkpoint.
  • Like 1

I do find it amusing that when the BIB's actually do their job and enforce the law it is always seen as a scam. As with every country I know the law says you need a license to drive a vehicle on the roads. How is Thailand some how different ?

Would a European going to America expect to be exempt from having a license to ride or drive there just because he was a tourist ?

sad.png

Its considered a scam when farangs are targeted and helmetless and underage thai riders just proceed through that same checkpoint.

Most the checkpoints I see Thais and Farangs get stopped. The only difference is the amount of fine.

sad.png

I consider it a scam when I see or hear of volunteer foreign police at these checkpoints. They have no reason for being there. It's just to make them feel important and harass the tourists. No Thai's get harassed by farang volunteer police

sad.png

Most the checkpoints I see Thais and Farangs get stopped. The only difference is the amount of fine.

Wish I took a pic of the farangs lined up to pay yesterday.

Not one thai face among them.

No, don't agree, that really won't solve the quality of the bike riding.

sad.png

No, that is not the definition of a scam. On top of that, that is not what is happening at the check point.

sad.png

Even the fine amount is the same, and everybody gets an official receipt as well.

sad.png

No, that is not the definition of a scam. On top of that, that is not what is happening at the check point.
Sorry to deflate your opinion but it's exactly as I seen it.

Farang stopped and Thais waved through.

sad.png

In the true definition of "scam" what the police are doing here is NOT a scam...Of course it is racism which is quite a normal event..

sad.png

In the true definition of "scam" what the police are doing here is NOT a scam...Of course it is racism which is quite a normal event..

Its a scam. Racial profiling to procure money is a scam no matter which way you choose to twist it.

The two checkpoints I 'frequent' most often are in Thalang at Heroines monument and CherngTalay at the school. Both are stopping majority Thais (including my staff who had their licences confiscated last week for having no helmet)

It wouldn't/doesn't surprise me if in other areas with hoardes of tourist coming through they are targeted as a priority.

The two checkpoints I 'frequent' most often are in Thalang at Heroines monument and CherngTalay at the school. Both are stopping majority Thais (including my staff who had their licences confiscated last week for having no helmet)

It wouldn't/doesn't surprise me if in other areas with hoardes of tourist coming through they are targeted as a priority.

Same here Pete, I know quite a few Thai who get fined as well at the here mentioned checkpoint for driving without license or helmet (and they're dickheaded since they are doing the same thing over and over again). Some people just want to feel discriminated again, no matter what, and have a view of things happening around them that has hardly any connection with reality.

• Like 2