Sending Money To Thailand From Uk

Hello

I promise I have tried to google this issue with other forum threads but I am either not very good at it ( possibly ) or there are not any.

I am sending 1000 quid to bangkok and I was wondering what would be best and cheaper. Last time I used my regular bank to send about 400 quid but they charge me about 4o pounds for the privilege I wonder if this is normal.

Alls suggestions welcome thanks. :o

Need more Info....

Bangkok Bank (London )used to charge me £15 for a £5000 money transfer to my account in LOS whick took usually 3-5 days.

Express transfer was £25 but could be done in 24 hours.

Sliding scale upwards depending on amounts and time requirements.

Other banks have ways of ripping you off on these deals that would embarris even the most upright Nigerian scam merchant.

Best ways of sending out small amounts to someone you know over there is of course to get them an ATM card from..u know who........and then the transfers are all free. :o

the prices you mention sound fairly reasonable ! ,, definitely better than the 45 pounds I paid (barclays) for a transfer of 400

I have checked their website and western union will be 47 pounds.

I think I will give this bangkok people a ring to see what are there charges more specifically.

thanks for your help.

Talk to your own bank first.... they may give you a better deal/rate.....otherwise....

Bangers Bank....

London Branch

Mr. P.............. Branch Manager

Bangkok Bank PCL London Branch

London Branch

The London branch provides full commercial banking services to local and overseas customers.

61 St. Mary Axe, London

EC3A 8 BY, United Kingdom

Tel: (44-207) 929-4422

Fax: (44-207) 283-3988

Swift: BKKB GB 2L

Telex: (051) 8812448 BKBANK G

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Ab...ranch+in+UK.htm

Talk to your own bank first.... they may give you a better deal/rate.....otherwise....

Bangers Bank....

London Branch

Mr. P.............. Branch Manager

Bangkok Bank PCL London Branch

London Branch

The London branch provides full commercial banking services to local and overseas customers.

61 St. Mary Axe, London

EC3A 8 BY, United Kingdom

Tel: (44-207) 929-4422

Fax: (44-207) 283-3988

Swift: BKKB GB 2L

Telex: (051) 8812448 BKBANK G

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Ab...ranch+in+UK.htm

Kasikorn Thai (K Bank, Thai Farmers Bank), Cannon Street, next to Cannon Street station, London. Used to use it all the time; fast efficient and cheap.

thanks to all !

I think there is no longer a branch of the K bank here in london

http://www.kasikornbank.com/GlobalHome/EN/...ion_oversea.jsp

I will try bangkok bank instead , my office is close to liverpool street so I will pop down there lunch time. I tried to go to BKK bank yesterday but they happen to close at 3.30 Pm ! so when I got there it was shut.

thanks to all !

I think there is no longer a branch of the K bank here in london

http://www.kasikornbank.com/GlobalHome/EN/...ion_oversea.jsp

I will try bangkok bank instead , my office is close to liverpool street so I will pop down there lunch time. I tried to go to BKK bank yesterday but they happen to close at 3.30 Pm ! so when I got there it was shut.

Now that is scarey they have a branch in the Cayman Islands. I wonder if they handle large transfers there?

Cayman Islands P.O. Box 501, Cardinal Avenue, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, B.W.I.

THE FOLLOWING METHOD IS TOP SECRET. DO NOT TELL ANYONE ! WERE THIS METHOD TO BECOME KNOWN IT WILL CERTAINLY BE STOPPED OR CURTAILED .

You get a Nationwide cash card and post it to your contact in Thailand.

Whenever you want your contact to receive funds, you credit the Nationwide cash card a/c in the UK ...by online banking ok and phone your contact to say he/ she can use the cash card at a local atm and the amount available to withdraw .

NO FEES NO CHARGES AND INTERBANK RATE . ALSO NO RISK

So top secret you are posting it on an internet forum.

Actually, the Nationwide trick has been posted many times here.

I dunno about there being no risk. Having someone have access to your account other than yourself is always slightly risky. Additionally, having someone have to pull out 1000 squid (70,000 THB approx) and then carrying it around, is always a bit risky.

The risks you mention above have been posted many times before Samran and each time shown not to hold water !

Anyhow, nobody has access to your money other than funds destined for the recipient. as the a/c is specially set up for the purpose . Only monies placed there for withdrawal in thailand are in theory at risk but in practice not at risk as password needed to withdraw.

Secondly who says you should draw a thousand pounds cash countervalue in one go ??

Can fund the a/c with a fiver a day for the recipient if you want .