At least two injured in two shooting incidents near Bangkok rally site

webfact

At least two injured in two shooting incidents near Democracy Monument rally site
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- At least a teenage boy and another man were injured when an unknown number of assailants fired at and lobbed a bomb at protesters near the Democracy Monument rally site.

The first attack happened at 2:30 am. A teenage boy was shot at his thigh and was rushed to the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Central Hospital. Another man was hit by bomb shrapnel at his left leg.

The second attack occurred at 4 am when assailants in three cars and about 20 motorcyclists opened fire at protesters on Tanaosri Road from the Khao Sarn Road.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-11

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seven PDRC guards injured in attacks near Democracy Monument
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- At least seven men serving as security guards for the People's Democratic Reform Committee were injured in sporadic attacks near the Democracy Monument rally site early Saturday, police and protesters said.

The first attack happened at the Kokwua Intersection on Tanaosri Road at 2am, according to Pol Lt Thaweerat Thamrongwattanakul of the Chana Songkram police station.

Police and rescue volunteers rushed to the scene to find two men injured. One of them, Erawat Kaewsee, 28, was shot at his right shoulder. The other man was not identified. He was shot at his left thigh and right leg. Both were rushed to the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Central Hospital.

Witnesses told police that four or five motorcyclists raced from Phra Pinkloa Bridge and opened fire at a taxi near Krua Rajdamnoen restaurant and more sounds of gunfire and explosions were heard near the Government Lottery Office and at the Kokwua Intersection.

While, reporters and photographers were inspecting the shooting scene at the Kokwua Intersection, sounds of gunfire were head, sending the media crew to flee.

A cameraman of ThaiPBS, Panuwat Ritthitham narrowly escaped a hit as a bullet graced his left leg and pieced through his trousers.

More sounds of gunfire and explosions were heard throughout the early morning. Police said they received reports that at least seven guards were injured.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-11

Whoever said "Red Shirts are peaceful people" better get their heads out of their arse. Now I know some will say how do we know they were Red Shirts? Well, who else is there? Red Shirts fighting with protesters in Phathum Thani yesterday comes to mind.

I personally I think all groups need to get off their "my way or the highway" attitude and start thinking about how they can solve the problem of the country as a whole. Wishful thinking....but it IS possible.

No they would not agree this is red shirt in action but Suthep plan to invite the military coop. I am going sick of writing in TVF.

Whoever said "Red Shirts are peaceful people" better get their heads out of their arse. Now I know some will say how do we know they were Red Shirts? Well, who else is there? Red Shirts fighting with protesters in Phathum Thani yesterday comes to mind.

I personally I think all groups need to get off their "my way or the highway" attitude and start thinking about how they can solve the problem of the country as a whole. Wishful thinking....but it IS possible.

There are any number of groups that could be responsible. Seems some shootings so far have been perpetrated by teenage motorbike gangs, which are the classic choice for a 'third hand' in these situations. Some by guys in pick-ups with AK47s (either the police or someone that wants to make it look like the police, I'd guess).

• Like 2

Yee hah! He we go. Gonna make for some great TV in the next few days.

Perhaps your family can be staring entertainment ?

We knew this was coming Yingluck beware of a "third party"

But more interesting to me than that is when someone on Thai Visa uses the same avatar as I.

Is this to create confusion? I new technique or just more low class behavior?

No they would not agree this is red shirt in action but Suthep plan to invite the military coop. I am going sick of writing in TVF.

Stop writing then. easy job done.

"I am going sick of writing in TVF" Feel free to abstain

*signature line edited out*

Edited by Scott

Seriously odd that The Nation will give updated reports on conflict/casualties (as it should), but decline to cover the Robert Amsterdam piece discussed at length in the Bangkok Post and the Thai langauge press. What is it about the story that The Nation deems not newsworthy?