Thailand clubs in your home country.

Kudel

This is for people who dont live in Thailand but are married or living with a Thai partner or have some kind of other connection with Thailand.

Do you think such clubs serve a purpose?Do they promote Thailand and its people in a good way in youre home country?

We have two in my country wich i know about and a few years ago one was contacted by a television producer making a series about Belgians with foreign partners from all over the world and of course said club with many members all over the country and in thailand presented their "top couple"wich was a 70 year old wig wearing retired Belgian man living with his 19 year old ladyboy in Chiang Mai apparently already living togheter for two years .One can only imagine the jokes being made again in media about this and Thailand after.Apperantly it came out later said couple couldnt get a visa for "her"to Belgium because the old fella was discoverd on some very kinky websites triying to lure lady boys to Belgium to work in prostitution,what a farce

I have attented a few partys and meetings in the past such as info night on retirement in Thailand where some of the speakers where property developers in Thailand and where telling crap and outright lies about owning property in Thailand.I find most of these clubs to be useless and run by bunch of amateurs.Is this the same in youre respective countrys?

Edited by Kudel

In Saudi right now and the embassy is great. Free Thai reading writing school lessons for children or anyone if you don't mind sitting with children. Regular parties. Today was the children's day party. All free food. My wife has made a lot of friends there and we have regular house parties at various venues as a result of this. I've spoken to the ambassador a number of times and he's a very nice guy. They also do health checks and arrange any document stuff for free. Exactly like the British embassy used to be.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In Australia the Thais all meet at the temples

when my Thai wife first came to Australia I took are her so she would not be homw sick

Problem is so do all the guys that bring back bar girl from Thailand

My wife though it was great speaking her home language of Lao

what I did not know was these girls of the world teach other thais how the system works if they want to make money in Australia, the law protects them,and Farlangs are money trees

Now we stay in Thailand, where she knows if she walks out the front door 3 more will walk in so we have a good family

when we go back to Oz for a stay

I keep her away from the temptation of Thai Temples

same in Italy, we have a temple, not far from Venice, with 8 thai monks that is a gathering place for the thai community, obviously 95% women..

we have also regional Thai Clubs that have the peak of activity during the Songkran, when they celebrate with parties open to all

when my Thai wife first came to Australia I took are her so she would not be homw sick

what I did not know was these girls of the world teach other thais how the system works if they want to make money in Australia, the law protects them,and Farlangs are money trees

Now we stay in Thailand, where she knows if she walks out the front door 3 more will walk in so we have a good family

and the embassy if you live in Canberra, also Mr B's in Sydney is a popular Thai hangout.

At least in Australia I know of one Thai run welfare services club that assists Thais who have difficulties and acts as a normal social club - http://www.thaiwelfare.org/ I took my wife there when she first went to Australia, she quickly filtered out the females who were into drinking, gambling and other mischief.

As already said the Thai temples also act as a meeting place, often for gossiping and identifying groups of like minded females. Also in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, more than likely other cities as well, there are Thai areas for shopping, renting Thai videos etc. This not forgetting the thousands of Thai restaurants throoughout Australia. For a while we had a Thai restaurant & in the afternoons often became the social meeting place for local Thai females.

Except for the likes of Songkran, don't believe any of the social events 'promote Thailand'

There is a Thai temple about 1.5 hours away from my house, the only one in Pennsylvania. I've gone there for big Thai holidays and they even have a Thai farmer's market.

Sad to say, it was supposed to be in my home town, but some Christians went around with pamphlets expounding on the evilness of Buddhism and the monks just decided to go elsewhere.

Loving thy neighbor, can you feel it?

WHOA. So, forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you, but are you saying that your relationship with your wife is so tenuous--and your trust of her so little--that you keep her away from Thai temples because you're afraid the other former bargirls will talk her into selling it?!

and the embassy if you live in Canberra, also Mr B's in Sydney is a popular Thai hangout.

That whole part of Sydney (Hay - Pitt - Goulburn and Castlereigh Streets) is commonly referred to as Thaitown - as you're probably aware ;) ... Mr B's is a great bar especially if you need your fix of decent Thai music a lot better than what it used to be (Mandarin Club)

Brisbane I recall has a similar setup at The Church nightclub (I think it was)

Plenty of non-bar-girl affiliated places if one's afraid of the wife getting mixed up in those kind of shenanigans...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Fair op, from the other end of the spectrum.

Mine actually does not care if she meets any Thai girls or not and has never been to any temples or any other Thai hangouts, but if she asked I would help. She's happy enough ringing friends and family back home and my family keep her company often. 2 years she's lived in Australia.

• Like 1

before we emigrated we ran a thai social club in Farnborough ,when we left there were over 60 members, the ex bargirl section did not last long they soon got bored when I hid the ping pong balls and lady fingers!

Sounds like that came right out of Priscilla: Queen of The Desert...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

before we emigrated we ran a thai social club in Farnborough ,when we left there were over 60 members, the ex bargirl section did not last long they soon got bored when I hid the ping pong balls and lady fingers!

The last couple of years a lot of massage parlour owners and there Belgian hubbys have been arrested on human trafficking charges there modus operandi was recruiting via such social clubs but no ping pong balls where hurt during this.

We have one Thai temple where the bargirls from khon kean rule ,and in another the bar girls from nong kai its like a competition between temples quite funny actually.

my first visit to the temple in Brisbane was a Shocker!! it was a midweek visit ,nothing special at all just wanted to introduce myself, the thai males who came to greet us were as pissed as puddins, don't know if they were monks or not, that was 16 years ago we haven't been back since,wai.gif

Some Thai girls don't want any connection with there countrymen /lady's, and A Lot of Englishmen have hang ups about there Thai wives/girlfriend they don't want them to mingle with other Thai ladys because they think there tilak is out lookin for some other hansum man. But that's there own insecurity showing through..