Advice for a newbie

CryWolf

Hello.

A am looking for some good advice as a im quite new to this forum.

Here's a bit about me/us.

1. Mid 30's fond my love on a datesite (she was 28 at the time).
  2. Live a normal life in the west, and same for her in Thai. Worked with IT support, Hoapital secretary, Hotel reception and Hotel reception.
  3. 2 trips to LOS to meet my girl fom internet, and she seemed to be even better than i could ave imagined (appearence wise)
  4. Love at first site, and we both wantet du marry so that we could spend life togeter.
  5. Decided to marry in home country, this gave us a 6 month trial, incase she really hatet my contry
  6. Now married for 1 year and she go to language school.
  7. She loves the winter herer, but i know she also miss friends and family in Thai
  8. I want a Thai ceremony for friends and family, but my wife wont let me pay sin sod.. she want to work an give sin sod herself... Her family don't care much about that, they provide for them selv,and wand doughter to be happy in life (see the world, experience cultures ets)

For the reasonable people here on TV: What would be you advice for me in this matter (good or bad).

After reading many post here on TV, i see a lot of negativity, but i'm sure the positive ones excist here somwhere

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you have a situation where everything is working well. I'm not sure what type advice you want. At any rate, you are about to be hit with a tsunami of warnings, most of which will amount to the same thing--get out of Dodge while you can. My "advice" for "that" is to ignore it and follow your own instincts. If something seems rotten, it probably is. Feels safe, it probably is. Go with it.

Thanks :) I know the topic can be misleading, but i wantet to se how many haters fould reply this... I kvow they are in big numbers on the general forum, but i'm sure there is plenty of good well-meening menbers here too :)

Besides i have good help her by my friend :burp:

My advice is simple, at all times think with the head on your shoulders, not Mr little head, and dont do anything you wouldnt do in a realtionship with a western lady.

now for the slightly cautionary bit.....everything seems great now, but always be wary of a "long game" could be played, hence the reasons for the comments on Sin-sot etc etc, it has happened before...

My advice is simple, at all times think with the head on your shoulders, not Mr little head, and dont do anything you wouldnt do in a realtionship with a western lady.

For those of us that are past our sell-by date with nubile youngsters in the West, that isn't really an option is it?

For me, more like make sure you don't pay too much, especially up-front, as long as your getting good value for your money whatever floats your boat, just always be willing to cut your losses and walk away.

Sounds like you have a situation where everything is working well. I'm not sure what type advice you want. <snip>

Thanks smile.png I know the topic can be misleading, but i wantet to se how many haters fould reply this... <snip>

Ummmm...I think the above statement pretty much defines "trolling"...

It all seems perfect in ur case....why request advice......or... ?

I know we are in 2 different cultries here... For example in the west it's more normal to talk if there i a problem, but thia way seems to be the 2-3 days of silent treatment :D

CryWolf ... welcome to the Forum.

I must say, you are very organised for a newbie, Avatar, signature and an OP all in a day.

Plus the reverse SinSot, a wife who loves Winter in your country, no pressure from the Thai Family - they just want you to be happy. WOW ... thumbsup.gif

So, just what type of advice do you need from us good folk?

OH, what country do you live in now?

Thank David48 :) As i'm still in my 30's i'm rather familiar with internet, so Avatars and signatures is quite common in 2014

As for the advise i'm not sure, but i guess many have similar stories to share (some good some bad) I just thought it'd be interesting to herer the views from others.

And i live in the Nordic county where people still believe in trolls LOL, not that i'm one giggle.gif

Gotta love the spelling etc, obviously english not your first language and hope your hotel work doesnt require much writing in english.

Smells like a troll to me.

I'm so lolly :D I get that some british are more hung up in spelling, than seeing their doughter/sun make an arse of them selv in aya napa cheesy.gif . But if youe are english you definately hit the spot... Would you make the same statement to anyone asking for help in the street? "i'm sorry, get away from me with that begging look! I hear yor cockney is impropper"

Sounds like you have a situation where everything is working well. I'm not sure what type advice you want. <snip>

Thanks smile.png I know the topic can be misleading, but i wantet to se how many haters fould reply this... <snip>

And the definition beeing?

I wantet to tell my story. maybe the heading was a bit misleading, but stil a valid post IMO

Edited by CryWolf

Gotta love the spelling etc, obviously english not your first language and hope your hotel work doesnt require much writing in english.

Smells like a troll to me.

I'm so lolly biggrin.png I get that some british are more hung up in spelling, than seeing their doughter/sun make an arse of them selv in aya napa cheesy.gif . But if youe are english you definately hit the spot... Would you make the same statement to anyone asking for help in the street? "i'm sorry, get away from me with that begging look! I hear yor cockney is impropper"

I wouldnt worry about the English Nazi's too much on TV, they are typically "English Teachers" who think they are still in a class room for THB 30,000/m and correcting peoples English makes them feel better about themselves.

then we have another group of English Nazi's who have nothing to add to a topic but feel obligated to correct peoples English all the same...

I wantet to tell fy story. maybe the heading was a bit misleading, but stil a valif post IMO

The definition IMHO

Slightly bitter (acerbic) original post (and his replies), with an arrogant attitude and provocative and insensitive signature.

Must be a Troll or Troll in the making and will lead to a possible early end to this thread.

Only saying as the saying goes!

I wantet to tell fy story. maybe the heading was a bit misleading, but stil a valid post IMO

Posting something on a known controversial topic, for the purpose of, in your own words, "to see how many haters would reply to it," is exactly what trolling is.