EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: People's revolution 'will win'

Lite Beer

And led by a man who, in the 1980s, gave away Phuket land earmarked for the poor to 11 of its richest families, then later used his political influence to ensure palm oil shares were valued artifically high so that his family could sell theirs at a massive profit.

Really, do people not bother to investigate Suthep's shady political past and think it odd that he is shouting so loud about the need to clean up politics?

These Thai politicians really have no shame. Now he is acting like the 2nd coming of Buddha for the poor Thai people! 'No no, don't do as I did for my family, getting filthy rich in the 80's by robbing land from the local poor people, do as I say! My monies are DIFFERENT!'

How about doing what is right for these poor people families first? How about that?

Unfortunately the people created a system where almost everybody is involved in some dirty games either actively or passively. Now there is no one out there to really challenge anybody. Robbing here, stealing there etc. What saddens me the most is that the local people are totally blindfolded and believe that Suthep is a saint.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is not Bangkok that should be shut down it is Suthep.

Talk about stirring up a hornets nest.

Most countries wouldn't allow him to get away with this sort of rabble raising and closing down of a

capital city.

He just represents a bunch of spoilt brats who had years to implement reform and never did and when Thaksin came along and used the institutionalised corrupted system to benefit his cronies and left out all the old money cronies well that just wouldn't do would it.

Old money old elite did nothing to change the system for years but when they lost control suddenly start prattling on about a peoples revolution.

Only the truly naïve could swallow that codswallop.

Do you realise the Democrats have only been in power for 9 years since 1932?

Sent from my phone ...

That has nought to do with anything.

He just happens to be representative of those who have profited from a corrupt system in the past and did nothing to try and change it until someone else was taking the booty.

What political parties were or weren't in power is really irrelevant.

Some of the parties in the current coalition also represented the same people. Many of the politicians in the PTP are the same people and families that have kept the people in the north and north east poor and uneducated for decades.

Sent from my phone ...

Dear Mr Suthep, please answer me 1 question:

- If you want reforms so badly, why did you not implement them while you were PM and Vice-PM with Abhisit for 3 years?

Yours sincerely.

Perhaps at that point they didn't foresee Thaksins sister @ the helm, his cronies in key positions and Thailand on the verge of bankruptcy and the rice industry decimated.

Or perhaps he was too busy artificially inflating the value of palm oil shares so he and his family could make a killing on the stock market.

Oh, you didn't know about Suthep's dubious past? You might want to investigate it and decide how sincere he is about cleaning up politics before you post again.

By the same token, people should have even less trust in Thaksin & Co. to make genuine reforms.

So you might wan to take your own advice and investigate Thaksin's sorry history of dodgy deals and double dealings before you post again.

Suthep is widely regarded as the lesser of two evils.

• Like 1

''The people should decide...'' -Suthep

He says the people should decide, but he blocks elections and instead he will choose the "people's council" for the people.

Hah!

He is seriously afraid that elections will show everyone that the great majority of Thais is AGAINST him.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just out of curiosity who are you for and why?thumbsup.gif

Dear Mr Suthep, please answer me 1 question:

- If you want reforms so badly, why did you not implement them while you were PM and Vice-PM with Abhisit for 3 years?

Yours sincerely.

Perhaps at that point they didn't foresee Thaksins sister @ the helm, his cronies in key positions and Thailand on the verge of bankruptcy and the rice industry decimated.

Or perhaps he was too busy artificially inflating the value of palm oil shares so he and his family could make a killing on the stock market.

Oh, you didn't know about Suthep's dubious past? You might want to investigate it and decide how sincere he is about cleaning up politics before you post again.

By the same token, people should have even less trust in Thaksin & Co. to make genuine reforms.

So you might wan to take your own advice and investigate Thaksin's sorry history of dodgy deals and double dealings before you post again.

Suthep is widely regarded as the lesser of two evils.

If you have a cancer at your brain, and doctor as a solution tell you that can cut your head, would you be happy?

I don't know how many of the posters on here have actually read the OP or even taken the time to look up Sutheps past, by the look of the posts, not very many.

There is one thing that to me stands out and makes perfect sense :

"The people's assembly will exclude politicians. Otherwise, you won't be able to change laws on elections, political parties and corruption," Suthep said, noting that people who take part in the assembly must be banned from politics for five years.

Keep politicians out of the reform process, that would include him .

I think I asked you before on another matter, but...do you actually and seriously believe this?

The peoples assembly will exclude politicians?

a) so...who will be in it? (not that he ever answered THAT, rather important question)...dentists, lawyers and -god forbid- farmers?

b ) he resigned his post as MP to join his own protest as a normal citizen! Care to think that through?

• Like 1

The change has to come from the Thai people themselves. They have to throw the crooked politicians out, from both sides. This is a case of a totally corrupted elite trying to reform itself to be more "suitable" for the majority. It never works that way. Just another, more hidden corrupted elite replacing the more obvious one.

• Like 1

Turning a blind eye to how Thailand gets into this situation doesnt help....

Thailand also has the same blind eye attitude with tourism as well...

Let hope someone is wise enough to tackle the underlying issues as well

revolution , a good thing imo , we could do with one in the UK too come to think of it, ..........start from scratch and stop the greed of the " elite"...... worldwide!

And led by a man who, in the 1980s, gave away Phuket land earmarked for the poor to 11 of its richest families, then later used his political influence to ensure palm oil shares were valued artifically high so that his family could sell theirs at a massive profit.

Really, do people not bother to investigate Suthep's shady political past and think it odd that he is shouting so loud about the need to clean up politics?

Instead of this fluff piece from the nation why do we never see any serious journalistic investigations into the man?

In the us, uk, in the civilized world, you would expect serious endeavor to unearth the truth. In the uk panorama would do a pice for sure.

It would be everywhere

The public would expect it and be eager to read about it.

Unfortunately in Thailand everyone is too afraid to do anything.

Suthep is "untouchable."

You get him cornered, bang to rights and his response will be.

"What are you going to do about it?"

Win or lose he's safe.

If civil war breaks out he says in this piece he'll return home.

Sure, to his feudal fortress.

The reds won't be coming. He'll feel safe surrounded by his paid thugs.

• Like 1

I guess if people cannot absorb the historical fact Thaksin decreased the level of poverty in Thailand, which may be a rather significant element of his popularity, then they are dim enough to support anybody else rolls up in opposition.

FYI the most respected independent research organization in Thailand, the TDRI, has shown that income disparity in Thailand has INCREASED due to the populist mania started by Thaksin. Go check it out, dude.

• Like 1

And then to think of the wise words of the beloved King who asked for unity, dignity, and all Thais to ask themselves what it takes to be proud of Thailand. For Suthep it is all a Power game frustrated as he is. In a quote early December 2013 he literally said: "When this game is won.....blablabla". He is guiding florishing Thailand into the worst misery in decades. Vision? Yes from hour to hour. Horny on press releases.....

• Like 2

I am astonished that people are drawn to follow something literally empty. He has no plans, methods, or clear ideas and he is still able to draw attention. His only clear idea is to get rid of a family from the politics. Unbelievable. I believe that this organization would be cleared away in any democratic country. I feel like going to work tomorrow and protest against my boss (she is corrupt) and demand that she leave otherwise I organize a shutdown.

Good luck with that: Unlike Suthep, you would have no followers.

And then to think of the wise words of the beloved King who asked for unity, dignity, and all Thais to ask themselves what it takes to be proud of Thailand. For Suthep it is all a Power game frustrated as he is. In a quote early December 2013 he literally said: "When this game is won.....blablabla". He is guiding florishing Thailand into the worst misery in decades. Vision? Yes from hour to hour. Horny on press releases.....

" Horny on press releases" (sic) ??post-133770-0-86919500-1389528054_thumb.

I guess if people cannot absorb the historical fact Thaksin decreased the level of poverty in Thailand, which may be a rather significant element of his popularity, then they are dim enough to support anybody else rolls up in opposition.

FYI the most respected independent research organization in Thailand, the TDRI, has shown that income disparity in Thailand has INCREASED due to the populist mania started by Thaksin. Go check it out, dude.

And all the subjective crap published lately from Sutherland sides: I can find NOWHERE back Human Rights Watch has titled Thaksin as 'a human rights abuser of the worst kind'. I would like to see it for myself in an HRW report.

How funny it is that the reds on here have an idol called Thaksin whose levels of corruption and other crimes dwarf anything Suthep may ever have done but bitch and moan about him but never accept the magnitude of their hero's crimes

Laughable

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I like what he has to say, so do many Thai People and his popularity seems to be growing, not shrinking, despite acts of violence from the other side (or third parties, whichever may be the case)

An election would change absolutely nothing, for the better. I think, we all know that. I agree, that reforms must come first, to close some of the loopholes.

A Nationwide referendum, makes total sense to me, after the details get worked out, on how the reforms should look.

Referendums are democracy. Everybody will get to vote on the new Constitution. If they people don't like, what they see, they have the opportunity to vote it down.

I am presuming the guy in the grey shirt, with a machete raised about to strike a police officer, is a third party or even better a red shirt.

BceeUADIIAAWtT1.jpg

Income disparity?

This affects the recognised baselines used to assess and define poverty, those above and below,exactly how?

Edited by 473geo

How funny it is that the reds on here have an idol called Thaksin whose levels of corruption and other crimes dwarf anything Suthep may ever have done but bitch and moan about him but never accept the magnitude of their hero's crimes Laughable Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And now for just a quick reminder of yesterdays headlines: Suthep on GT 200: Don’t worry, we use a different brand

By Bangkok Pundit Jan 26, 2010 11:20PM UTC

big day out with rage against the machine as headliner. would love to see potential people's council leaders teamsheet prior to kicking off, but what do i know. the people know what they are doing.

555 Not a chance of getting details. You know now people like Sondhi, Abhisit, Suthep, Srimuang, that turkey of ASTV will be on it. Would you buy a second hand car of this mob.

The negativity on this forum is out of this world.

Robby nz, on 12 Jan 2014 - 17:38, said:snapback.png

I don't know how many of the posters on here have actually read the OP or even taken the time to look up Sutheps past, by the look of the posts, not very many.

There is one thing that to me stands out and makes perfect sense :

"The people's assembly will exclude politicians. Otherwise, you won't be able to change laws on elections, political parties and corruption," Suthep said, noting that people who take part in the assembly must be banned from politics for five years.

Keep politicians out of the reform process, that would include him .

I think I asked you before on another matter, but...do you actually and seriously believe this?

The peoples assembly will exclude politicians?

a) so...who will be in it? (not that he ever answered THAT, rather important question)...dentists, lawyers and -god forbid- farmers?

b ) he resigned his post as MP to join his own protest as a normal citizen! Care to think that through?

If I didn't answer you it is probably because I don't sit at this thing all day

So here is your answer now.

For a start Yes, why not ? do you think the politicians are the only ones who can achieve anything ?

Who will be in it :

To start.

The groups suggested by Yingluk and Suthep are far to big, nothing would come of that as it would just turn into a bun fight.

Those who want to contribute should be asked to register with say the EC or some other body.

Then these groups would nominate say 2 people to represent their group.

Groups represented would include those already making suggestions like the businessmen, the medical professionals, the reds, the darma army, a lawyers group, teachers. university teachers.

And yes the rice farmers and the rubber farmers, or are you another one who thinks they are all dumb peasants who should be kept in their place.

There should be a MOA as to what they are there to do and a positive attitude.

A list should be drawn up as to just what needs doing and priorities set.

The first priority would be what needed to be done to achieve a fair election for all.

Reps would report back to their groups and bring feedback to the forum.

It would be a long term staged thing and decisions on reforms would be binding on a government.

You try to think positive for a change and try to work out where to from there.

Or do you think things are great as they are?

c. he resigned his post as MP to join his own protest as a normal citizen, Yes brave move wasnt it.

Edited by Robby nz
  • Like 1

555 Not a chance of getting details. You know now people like Sondhi, Abhisit, Suthep, Srimuang, that turkey of ASTV will be on it. Would you buy a second hand car of this mob.

Why do you think they want to set up reform forums ?

If they knew it all they wouldn't need to would they ?

The reform forum would be there to sort out the details, can you understand that ?

A people's revolution. Mao, Castro, Ho Chi Min, Suthep?

How astute you are except you forgot to mention Thaksin; but there again that may be due to the fact that unlike the others on your list , who led their revolution from the front, Thaksin was safely hidden in his Vila in Dubai whilst urging his followers to burn Bangkok. Thaksin is without doubt an unethical despot and a coward. Suthep is no angel but he is not a coward.

The burning actually started after the army killed around 100 protesters which Suthep as head of security in his bunker. If the police starts sniping a hundred chaps from Suthep mobs I bet my balls that they will try to burn down too a couple of buildings linked to the Shinawatra families as well. Thailand has many political associated mobs but in the North and South.

• Like 2

I still wonder how can Suthep be so untouchable despite of his crazy acts, why is he untouchable? He won't listen to court orders, he won't give no damn to arrest warrants.. Wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I admire his vision, despite his chequered past. I can't see Monday not being violent. Thailand has a history of getting things done violently, and I can't see how change can be done peacefully. So we shall see. One thing is clear. Thaksin won't give up, no matter how badly things are stacked up against him, so i cannot see it ending peacefully. All those who think the election should go ahead and rattle on about upholding the law/democracy/etc, obviously have no idea how things work on Thailand. It really isn't as simple as that.

Not like you, hey ??

Income disparity?

This affects the recognised baselines used to assess and define poverty, those above and below,exactly how?

More pro-Thaksin obfustication we could do without: Like I said, go check it out,dude - or don't they trust you to do that?

> www.tdri.or.th

Edited by GazR