Protesters mobilise ahead of planned Thai capital 'shutdown'

Lite Beer

You are incorredt. The majority did vote red. You are simply wrong.

Red was not an option in the election. You are simply wrong.

Nice try. A failed one, but a nice try. They got the majority and abused it, but they got the majority. Live with it. Have a nice life, and learn numbers instead of ideologies.....

No the Peu Thai Party did NOT get the majority. They got 48%. Which means the majority didn't vote for Peu Thai.

• Like 1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are incorredt. The majority did vote red. You are simply wrong.

Red was not an option in the election. You are simply wrong.

Nice try. A failed one, but a nice try. They got the majority and abused it, but they got the majority. Live with it. Have a nice life, and learn numbers instead of ideologies.....

No the Peu Thai Party did NOT get the majority. They got 48%. Which means the majority didn't vote for Peu Thai.

And the Democrats got even LESS. So why should the Democrats be able to tell the entire country what to do now?

Thai DemoCrazy true craziness will be on display for rest of the world and their younger generation to learn and to keep same craziness after all those crazy people

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Am down in Pattalung and there is a huge party organised by a close friend to support the yellows. I given up trying to talk any sense - missus and a lot of her family deeply worried about making a living in BKK and where all this is leading. Visited a farm today and the grand old mum pulled out a Glock 9 mm she carries for protection after a burglary quite recently. The place is bristling with guns. I guess its now down to fingers crossed and pray this settles down sometime soon with the least loss of life. I'm ostriching on this now we can't change a thing and so its not woth worrying until there is something immediate and personal to worry about. Makes you realise how un-Thai we farangs are and always will be.

We have contacts in Nakhon Si Thammerat and everyone that can comes to Bangkok to support Suthep.

• Like 1

Can't argue with dumb people. Better let them believe they're right. Makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Therefore you feel warm and fuzzy now, but I'm predicting your insides will be feeling quite sick in a few days when your princess backs down once again.

I'll be the first to say it.

I'm hoping Suthep has every success, just to shut you up. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Am down in Pattalung and there is a huge party organised by a close friend to support the yellows. I given up trying to talk any sense - missus and a lot of her family deeply worried about making a living in BKK and where all this is leading. Visited a farm today and the grand old mum pulled out a Glock 9 mm she carries for protection after a burglary quite recently. The place is bristling with guns. I guess its now down to fingers crossed and pray this settles down sometime soon with the least loss of life. I'm ostriching on this now we can't change a thing and so its not woth worrying until there is something immediate and personal to worry about. Makes you realise how un-Thai we farangs are and always will be.

We have contacts in Nakhon Si Thammerat and everyone that can comes to Bangkok to support Suthep.

Lunatics United!

I have contacts with people from Ayuttaya also all going to BKK going early as they worry they can't get there tomorrow. They all want to join (unpaid of course). Seems groups from other places are all going BKK to protest against the government.

Good to hear so many similar stories, maybe it will shake the Shins awake and finally convince them about reforms.

For all i care PTP wins an other ellection as long as there are checks and balances in place to see a repeat of last time. Far stronger anti corruption rules should be implemented so the government cant rob the country blind (any government) The way it is now it just too easy.

An example the lying red senator about voting being proven a liar in court.. what happens.. nothing. It just shows the laws have no teeth. I mean lying in court and no effect. How can they then even be convicted for cases that are a bit harder to prove. The laws have no teeth and that is the problem. So change is needed and the people have had enough.

• Like 2

And the Democrats got even LESS. So why should the Democrats be able to tell the entire country what to do now?

1. Because it's not the democrats telling the country what to do.

Really? So why are all the protest leaders Democrats and ONLY the Democrats are boycotting the elections?

You know you're wrong but it's funny to read your silly arguments.

Really? So why are all the protest leaders Democrats and ONLY the Democrats are boycotting the elections?

Seems everyone in the country is well aware there are several groups involved in the protest.

And not all of them have links to the Democrats.

You know you're wrong but it's not funny to read your silly arguments

Seems everyone in the country is well aware there are several groups involved in the protest.

Care to name these "several groups"? Or are they part of Suthep's well-kept secrets?

What other country would the police stand an watch as "protestors" blocked a main city centre intersection.as I witnessed tonight at MBK SIAM. Barricades and deciding who goes where.what a joke the country is becoming ,Surely the military will need to step in?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Answer to yourself on 1 question, honestly. If you could make 1 person from this circus to magically disappear and calm things down in this country and let it move forward, who would that be? Honestly.

Honestly, I don't think I can answer than question. And I'm pretty sure nobody can.

I did not say that the majority votes red. I said that that the majority does not vote for the Democrat party. The Democrats have lost every election for the past 23 years. Why should their leaders be able to tell the majority of Thais what to do?

I will raise you that.. the PTP never got a majority either why should they tyrannize the honest hard working people who pay the taxes they steal.

Enough is enough and that is why there is an uprising.

I like Suthep his idea of no statue of limitation on corruption. Surely even the reds could agree on that. Why has YL this not suggested either.........

I refer you back to my initial post on this thread (right at the beginning). If you trust a man with 25+ years of corrupt political practice on his CV, then who would you not trust?

It's like having Miley Cyrus campaigning against sex before marriage.

• Like 1

The protester who wants the government to stop being corrupt might want to look at the man on the stage, who::

• redistributed Phuket land meant for the poor to 11 of its richest families, to gain political influence
  • artificially inflated the value of palm oil shares whilst in power, so he and his family could make a killing on the stock market
  • was such an embarrasment to other Dem MPs that many complained of his corrupt practices when they were in power in 2011

This is the man who leads you in your fight for clean politics

I do not dispute what you allege the "man on the stage" has done, maybe even more if it were really investigated. But He has stated that he wants no leadership part in his proposed new look, non corrupt government.

Now lets look at the present leadership situation , which is to be continued as far as the present party in caretaker mode has proposed. Based on its history over the past few name changes, hand picked leaders, changes awaiting return of the sentenced one, etc, allagations and charges against them, make the leader of the protesters look like a choir boy.

I totally disagree with the concept of pointing fingers at others to justify a bad choice or action of someone you support, which seems so prevelant in Thailand. To be honest, I doubt that we have enough didget in our physical build to point at all those suspected/alledged to be corrupt in this system.

I couldn't agree more. It's not just a case of a few bad apples in Thailand: the whole barrel stinks of rot.

I just get fed up with the protest supporters on here behaving as though they are being led by someone with integrity. The other flock of sheep are usually just as bad, but don't seem to be as prevalent on these threads.

• Like 1

The protester who wants the government to stop being corrupt might want to look at the man on the stage, who::

• redistributed Phuket land meant for the poor to 11 of its richest families, to gain political influence
  • artificially inflated the value of palm oil shares whilst in power, so he and his family could make a killing on the stock market
  • was such an embarrasment to other Dem MPs that many complained of his corrupt practices when they were in power in 2011

This is the man who leads you in your fight for clean politics

But, you don't understand ...

What is it that Curt does not understand? Please enlighten all of us...

I think he was taking on the role of a 'misunderstood' Suthep sympathiser/supporter. It was a humorous post, in other words.

• Like 1

Care to name these "several groups"? Or are they part of Suthep's well-kept secrets?

I refuse to believe you're as stupid as you're making out. You're well aware of the different organizations involved.

People's Democratic Reform Committee, the Green Politics group, the Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT), PEFOT, the Dhamma Army, and the State Enterprises Workers' Relations Confederation.

Regularly mentioned in the daily press and here on ThaiVisa.

• Like 2

The real question here is ...is it really worth destroying Thailand to replace one corrupt politician with another corrupt politician? I have no doubts that Thaksin is corrupt, but Suthep also is. So why destroy the country if in the end we just end up with money flowing into another corrupt pocket?

Abhisit and Suthep have already demonstrated that they had no intentions of changing the laws for the better while they were in power. They did absolutely nothing. Suthep was charged with distributing land to poor people while he was a politician in the South and the land ended up in the hands of Phuket's richest families, not with the poor people.

When the Democrat government was question about this, they dissolved parliament in order not to have to answer and subsequently lost the next elections.

As others have stated before.. they did not have a good majority to do so they had a shaky alliance with Newin his people (not exactly angels).

I 100% agree if its only about replacing one corrupt government with an other it is absolutely not worth it. But if it is like it seems against corruption. Suthep is talking about no limitation on corruption. Wish YL said the same.. but then again a certain brother has more then a few cases waiting for him and it would be so much better if they were past the statue of limitation. So i guess that is why she is silent instead of taking on a law that would really would benefit the whole country.

Kinda like the stunt that got us here.. the amnesty if she had not chosen for her brother instead had chosen for the country we would not be here.

I mean statue of limitation on corruption sorry edit

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

The real question here is ...is it really worth destroying Thailand to replace one corrupt politician with another corrupt politician? I have no doubts that Thaksin is corrupt, but Suthep also is. So why destroy the country if in the end we just end up with money flowing into another corrupt pocket?

Abhisit and Suthep have already demonstrated that they had no intentions of changing the laws for the better while they were in power. They did absolutely nothing. Suthep was charged with distributing land to poor people while he was a politician in the South and the land ended up in the hands of Phuket's richest families, not with the poor people.

When the Democrat government was question about this, they dissolved parliament in order not to have to answer and subsequently lost the next elections.

Come on Jack.

The PT and friends made there pockets full for many years, now the turn is on others.

That would be fair, or not.

Btw the demonstrations are against corruption.

But i agree with you, that is not soooo easy to see.