Shutdown will be a flop, says Thaksin aide

webfact

Robby nz, on 13 Jan 2014 - 17:22, said:snapback.png

Have you gone & asked them?

I have been watching every night, & the banners are all from the south, the donations are all coming from the south (as they read out the pledgers name & province), all of the guards that have been arrested for weapons & drugs (CAPO today) are from the south.

All the guards ? there have been 2 and both under very dodgy circumstances.

The supposed guard who was caught with a gun was not at the protest site but at a bus stop somewhere.

I know someone personally who knows the guards who this man said he was part of and the real guards said they did not know him , never seen him before.

The gun was supposed to have been taken from a senior cop, would a senior cop be close enough to the front line have his gun stolen ?

The one supposed guard on drugs was in a group away from any rally site. the only drugs that have been seized at the rally site have been on a plain clothes cop who also had a gun, he was taken to a police station by the guards.

Another cop was also caught with a gun by the guards, again taken to a police station.

All from the south ? red eyes don't see well do they.

Go read about the rice farmers from Phichit, the groups from all over the north and north east who are joining in.

The donations collected on the walks all come from BKK people who would like to join but cant for various reasons.

I was referring to CAPO's press conference today, not those earlier incidents.

Then you had better provide a link so we can all see how many guards have been caught with guns and drugs.

By the way, don't you think its a little strange that the police can so easily catch the guards but cant catch those who are doing the nightly shootings ?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Constitutional court rules that an amendment is illegal-that is one thing, it can kill the amendment..but to then say that merely 'voting' for an amendment that makes the senate fully elected; is illegal--that is BOGUS by ANY international standard! A REAL democracy does not have 'appointed' senators INTHE FIRST PLACE!

It's easy to say whatever is unconstitutional--THEREFORE 308 MPs must be sacked!

Lets not forget the previous 'judicial coup' prior to this.. Somak goes on a cooking tv show and he is sacked for that.. When Obama went on the 'Tonight Show' what some big crime took place.. This 'Constitution court' and NACC were tools put into place after the coup, and THEY HAVE WAY TOO MUCH POWER, what is 'corrupt' are these bodies themselves when they subvert democracy for these yellow shirt fascists.

Can you imagine in europe - 308 MPs being sacked because they voted for an amendment to the charter-an amendment that makes the country more (not less) democratic!

Well said!

.....the mother of all flops....what a disaster and nightmare for this guy. Perhaps everyone can get back to work now and start to repair the damage. It's over.

A flop? Really? Aren't the 7 intersections blocked? Isn't Bangkok traffic more or less paralysed? They did what they said they'd do. This is only day 1 and it's not over by a longshot.

• Like 1

When the Constitutional court rules that an amendment is illegal-that is one thing, it can kill the amendment..but to then say that merely 'voting' for an amendment that makes the senate fully elected; is illegal--that is BOGUS by ANY international standard! A REAL democracy does not have 'appointed' senators INTHE FIRST PLACE!

It's easy to say whatever is unconstitutional--THEREFORE 308 MPs must be sacked!

Lets not forget the previous 'judicial coup' prior to this.. Somak goes on a cooking tv show and he is sacked for that.. When Obama went on the 'Tonight Show' what some big crime took place.. This 'Constitution court' and NACC were tools put into place after the coup, and THEY HAVE WAY TOO MUCH POWER, what is 'corrupt' are these bodies themselves when they subvert democracy for these yellow shirt facists.

Can you imagine in europe-308 MPs being sacked because they voted for an amendment to the charter-an amendment that makes the country more (not less) democratic!

Generally In a constitutional monarchy type democracy, if you want to change the constitution, you have to get a large majority to vote for the change, usually more than 2/3s it's the same in the US if you want to add amendments to the constitution, 27 amendments to the constitution have been made since it's inception .

in a democracy the constitution IS NOT written in stone, countries change them all the time.. It's only in Thailand that VOTING in the parliament has become an illegal act, totally absurd.

> Because this charter amendment like a few others they dreamt up is unconstitutional, that's why!!

In other words by supporting and voting for it they are part and party towards altering the constitution which is illegal.

The current constitution (which was accepted and approved of in a national referendum of the people) moved away from a fully elected second chamber so that it couldn't be stuffed with yes men and family members and friends whereby they can pass what they like without checks and balances.

Not only that, they wanted no restrictions on the length of terms of office!!

The really stupid thing is that they were warned precisely that it was illegal and they still went ahead with it because 'big boss' was so desperate to get his much cherished amnesty (which has gone forever now).

They cannot fathom common sense - please tell me why they want to proceed with an election that will count for nothing and waste a further 3.8 billion baht in the process!!

"A REAL democracy does not have 'appointed' senators INTHE FIRST PLACE!"

Can you justify that statement please? Different countries have different methods of appointing an upper house, and some like the UK House of Lords where most new members are appointed, make an attempt to depoliticise their senate. Perhaps you should do a little study into which countries have appointed senators and then compare their democratic ranking to your own country.

.....the mother of all flops....what a disaster and nightmare for this guy. Perhaps everyone can get back to work now and start to repair the damage. It's over.

A flop? Really? Aren't the 7 intersections blocked? Isn't Bangkok traffic more or less paralysed? They did what they said they'd do. This is only day 1 and it's not over by a longshot.

They need to give it up, Gerry. The people have made some valid points but the game is up now and they need to recognise the fact.

I have no side in this. Only the one that benefits Thailand. But what is interesting is most of the red shirt protesters were being paid to attend. I've got many relatives who where there back in 2010, and all were paid to attend.

The current protesters are donating money to help "the cause". IMHO, a huge difference. Peaceful civil disobedience is a right of a democratic country.

That is actually interesting for me too. It is sure a sign that those people are tired of this government.

And yes civil disobedience is a right of any democratic country. But I don't believe such a lockdown would be allowed in any democratic country.

Edited by newcomer71

I have no side in this. Only the one that benefits Thailand. But what is interesting is most of the red shirt protesters were being paid to attend. I've got many relatives who where there back in 2010, and all were paid to attend.

The current protesters are donating money to help "the cause". IMHO, a huge difference. Peaceful civil disobedience is a right of a democratic country.

That is actually interesting for me too. It is sure a sign that those people are tired of this government.

And yes civil disobedience is a right of any democratic country. But I don't believe such a lockdown would be allowed in any democratic country.

Depends what your definition of democracy is!

They need to give it up, Gerry. The people have made some valid points but the game is up now and they need to recognise the fact.

Why give up? It's only just beginning. Did you really expect something 'big' to happen today? Intersections blocked, traffic stopped. Mission accomplished for today.

• Like 1

Exactly. Yingluck resigns and this is all over. Excellent point.

Depends what your definition of democracy is!

Please please, don't drag me inside a discussion about legitimacy about this government, because I wrote about it so much. You can do your research and read my previous posts.

Democracy is just one. However bad the government has done, there's no try to overthrow it buy indefinite lockdown of the Capital City.

And in the recent past, in Western countries, there are plenty of examples of wrongdone government but no coups or attented coups.

Why give up? It's only just beginning. Did you really expect something 'big' to happen today? Intersections blocked, traffic stopped. Mission accomplished for today.

Wasn't today the last of the final days? That is, the 5th final, final day of the administration.? The universe I'm in ...the sun set and the govt is still in place, the city is still functioning in a limited way. Yes, people are furious, as reported in the international media, that they cannot earn money . Suthep has had ( a bit too much) time in the sun. He can hand over to others now to continue the fight through democratic means

Their we go with the "Elite" word again. What do you care what time they get up or how much make up they wear? But just a simple question... "How would you classify Yingluck?" Peasant farmer type perhaps?

The Prime Minister of Thailand, is the appropriate term.

I name only, in reality, fugitive clone is probably a more accurate term.

• Like 1

Their we go with the "Elite" word again. What do you care what time they get up or how much make up they wear? But just a simple question... "How would you classify Yingluck?" Peasant farmer type perhaps?

The Prime Minister of Thailand, is the appropriate term.

I name only, in reality, fugitive clone is probably a more accurate term.

You have the best avatar on TV but spoil that by writing more crap than anyone else

Here in Asoke, the concert is over, just speeches now. People are starting to leave. Hopefully in another 30 minutes or so, I will be able to get on my bike and go for dinner. Didn't get a chance to eat some hiso food today - the queues were too long and it was too hot to stand under the sun

Wasn't today the last of the final days? That is, the 5th final, final day of the administration.? The universe I'm in ...the sun set and the govt is still in place, the city is still functioning in a limited way. Yes, people are furious, as reported in the international media, that they cannot earn money . Suthep has had ( a bit too much) time in the sun. He can hand over to others now to continue the fight through democratic means

Since when was today supposed to be the last day? The shutdown was already said to last a month if need be. Why else would certain embassies warn their citizens to stock up on food and water?

Lets not forget the previous 'judicial coup' prior to this.. Somak goes on a cooking tv show and he is sacked for that.. When Obama went on the 'Tonight Show' what some big crime took place.. This 'Constitution court' and NACC were tools put into place after the coup, and THEY HAVE WAY TOO MUCH POWER, what is 'corrupt' are these bodies themselves when they subvert democracy for these yellow shirt facists.

Can you imagine in europe-308 MPs being sacked because they voted for an amendment to the charter-an amendment that makes the country more (not less) democratic!

Generally In a constitutional monarchy type democracy, if you want to change the constitution, you have to get a large majority to vote for the change, usually more than 2/3s it's the same in the US if you want to add amendments to the constitution, 27 amendments to the constitution have been made since it's inception .

in a democracy the constitution IS NOT written in stone, countries change them all the time.. It's only in Thailand that VOTING in the parliament has become an illegal act, totally absurd.

> Because this charter amendment like a few others they dreamt up is unconstitutional, that's why!!

In other words by supporting and voting for it they are part and party towards altering the constitution which is illegal.

The current constitution (which was accepted and approved of in a national referendum of the people) moved away from a fully elected second chamber so that it couldn't be stuffed with yes men and family members and friends whereby they can pass what they like without checks and balances.

Not only that, they wanted no restrictions on the length of terms of office!!

The really stupid thing is that they were warned precisely that it was illegal and they still went ahead with it because 'big boss' was so desperate to get his much cherished amnesty (which has gone forever now).

They cannot fathom common sense - please tell me why they want to proceed with an election that will count for nothing and waste a further 3.8 billion baht in the process!!

"Somak goes on a cooking tv show and he is sacked for that.. When Obama went on the 'Tonight Show' what some big crime took place"

Obama doesn't have his own show and doesn't get paid for it, AND he doesn't lie about it in court.

9am and it's certainly looking like a flop so far. A few troublemakers loitering around traffic junctions in inner Bangkok while 99.9% of Thailand gets on with business as usual. The women around my way are cackling and waggling their little fingers. They say that Suthep just hasn't got it.

How unfortunate to have spoken too soon.

What are the women saying now?

Yeah, a lot of people don't understand how things work in Bkk or Thailand for that matter. It's not even noon yet. It's going to get big.

Has Suthep claimed 65 million at Asoke yet? It will come.

Meanwhile around most of Bangkok you'd not know it was happening. Seriously - just drove down Ekkamai and it's life as usual with a slightly lower traffic volume. Yingluck posters line the street and are un-defaced as they have been for a week. Suk71 is bustling and the shops are doing their usual business. If this is the first day of the grand shutdown it hasn't worked.

The aim is to shut down the government which you are at least 10km from so of course you see little effect. Turn on Blue Sky tv and see the crowds in more central areas i.e. the allotted rally sites....

The 'aim' clearly has not worked. And no, I'm not going to rely on Bluesky any more than I'm going to rely on Fox for fair and balanced US news. More open handed media are reporting and showing far smaller crowds than expected. There are several places where the the mob has simply given up and traffic is flowing, and this is only the first day of the 'shutdown'.

I'd be very interested in these areas where the 'mob' have given up and traffic is flowing.

For those not in the city, every one of the 6 sites in central Bangkok are closed. There is one lane open in a couple of places but most are 100% shut down.

The crowds are massive and the protesters aims have been achieved.

9am and it's certainly looking like a flop so far. A few troublemakers loitering around traffic junctions in inner Bangkok while 99.9% of Thailand gets on with business as usual. The women around my way are cackling and waggling their little fingers. They say that Suthep just hasn't got it.

8pm now on Sutheps Big Day and it's all over for the anti-democracy agitators. 99.9% of Thais are now watching their favourite TV soaps and no one cares any more about the Big Bangkok Flop. No doubt this will rumble on for a few more months but the danger to Thai democracy has now passed.

• Like 2

And tomorrows mission? Shut down a few MRT stations and throw in an airport control tower for good measure... anyway, out in the burbs it was nice not to have the usual peak hour traffic jam tonight so not all bad I guess.

No way will the Bangkok elite and middle class still be on the streets once the cool season is over!!

Only people losing money from these "shutdowns" are democrat supporters any way.

Many of them must be muttering to themselves at the moment saying "what now?" Do we just stand here blowing whistles?

Edited by Hulkster
  • Like 1

8pm now on Sutheps Big Day and it's all over for the anti-democracy agitators. 99.9% of Thais are now watching their favourite TV soaps and no one cares any more about the Big Bangkok Flop. No doubt this will rumble on for a few more months but the danger to Thai democracy has now passed.

I hope you are right my leprechaun friend, but I fear that the lunatic fringe will do something stupid to up the ante!

Can't wait to hear Sutheps excuses....

• Like 2

Poor Prbkk. He lives in a (barely) parallel universe ?

I agree, I have yet to see any contribution from Prbkk on this forum that is worthy of any in-depth considered response..!!

"I don't know how it can happen. How can the PDRC have many protesters who will occupy the seven intersections for a long time? You know it was not hard for Adolph Hitler to order an invasion of countries in World War II, but it was very difficult to control those areas," he said.

The Bangkok shutdown would not affect the caretaker government, but the lives of Bangkok people would be really affected. The PDRC would become an enemy of the people, he said.

Exactly. Let the spoilt brat yellow shirts have their hissy fit, give them the rope they need to hang themselves, then lets move on to elections as planned.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif in your dreams election 50/50 but even if they have one then its pointless or don't you know about 95% rule

90% chance it will be delayed so wait and see