Pheu Thai: Why delay vote till May 4?

webfact

So they can use the Force.

May the Fourth be with you.

If things really go pear shaped it will be large elements of the Second and Third ... Armies that is. It is the eight divisions from the N and NE that might very well line up against the First and perhaps Fourth Army Groups. But I suppose we shouldn't jest about such matters..

• Like 1

So they can use the Force.

May the Fourth be with you.

If things really go pear shaped it will be large elements of the Second and Third ... Armies that is. It is the eight divisions from the N and NE that might very well line up against the First and perhaps Fourth Army Groups. But I suppose we shouldn't jest about such matters..

So you think that the 'token' army will take on the 'real' army!!! I know who my money would be on.

Millions of poor dirt farmers working off non owned land haven't got a clue what's going on. They stand in front of their huts with metal siding for roofs with satellite dishes, 52 inch TVs and no teeth. It's no wonder that Thailand is in a constant state of chaos when no one in government truly represents them and the establishment (the protesters) couldn't care less about them. Unfortunately for the protesters, they represent a majority in Thailand and they will have a vote.

A slight "balnket statement, but they are better off under the PTP if that is your concern then the Democrats. If you look at history so far, there is a reason why the PTP is so loved in some of these affected areas, and dont believe the tripe that it is all just money.

The Democrats have certainly not seen to help these people, thats for sure. Just go ask them. People in Bangkok certainly dont appreciate the backbone of this country and where their food is coming from. Havent seen any fruit and rice growing in the Klong outside.coffee1.gif

you are right......during a last years local by-election friends of mine talked to the Democrat's candidate - a woman running against yes - PM Yinglucks sister - keeping an open mind and wanting to know which candidate would be better for them they asked why they should vote for her all she came up with was empty slogans like " everything will change" "Think new" (an old TRT slogan) - she had no idea how to connect with the local people or come up with concrete answers or ideas what this change would look like.

Then she started to talk about PT and corruption - instead of giving them a reason to vote for her all she came up with was to tell them this government was corrupt??? Big news for them! All their lives they have never seen a government - or anybody with connections in this country - who is not corrupt!

Needless to say she lost - badmouthing the other party, empty slogans without a concrete platform that makes you electable - do not win you elections - not even when you are arrogant and think the people you are talking to are stupid and well below your social status!

• Like 2

Have Charupong and the PTP got severe learning difficulties?

All the reasons have been repeated over the past 3 weeks from the EC, and they can see what is happening with their own bloody eyes what the problems are. So why do they need to ask what the reasons are 'yet again'??

Pretty simple to undersatnd PTP position. If the EC feels there is danger now from the DPRC demonstrations, and Sutheps has made it clear Yingluck's abdication is non-negotiable, why would any future election be any safer? Suthep was repeatedly stated that the demonstrations will not be violent. So if believed, what is EC's rationale?

".....why would any future election be any safer?"

Because they win time to implement "some" kind of reform, to overcome the division of the country and maybe make it a little bit fairer for all (without corruption).

Edited by tomacht8

".....why would any future election be any safer?"

Because they win time to implement "some" kind of reform, to overcome the division of the country and maybe make it a little bit fairer for all (without corruption).

Abolsutely, dear leader is announcing his plans for reform as we speak. In order that elections in Thailand are truely fair and respresentative of the good people of Thailand, he is proposing that the number of votes you are allowed is driven by the car that you drive :

• No Car = -10 votes
  • Motorbike = -1 votes
  • Pickup Truck = 0 votes
  • Vios = 1 vote (unless you used the PTP tax break to buy it, in which case you will be classed as having No Car)
  • Jazz = 1 vote (unless you used the PTP tax break to buy it, in which case you will be classed as having No Car)
  • CRV/Fortuner = 10 votes (unless you live in Isarn in which case these will be classed as a farmers vehicle, so see pickup truck)
  • BMW = 100 votes
  • Mercedes = 500 votes
  • Bmw & Mercedes = 10,000 votes
  • Ferrari = 1000,000 votes

What better way is there to decide how worthy, special and truely educated someone really is ? These reforms are absolutely what is needed to make Thailand once again the land of the rich and privileged smiles.

Thailand is losing face and money with these shutdowns. I know; I am American and saw the shame and economic effect of the US shutdown. Hurting people, is no way to bring change. Only a vote brings change in a Democracy. The majority rules, over.

Overthrow governments with popular policies and plans or cash, not by just whining. This is just old fashioned new money vs. old money and only white shirts with ties benefit from this. Now go home, you are making yourself look silly.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If the elections go ahead, Yingluck won't be able to form a legit government - thats why they are desperate either for talks with Suthep or a postponement.

A May election, if my maths is correct, gives them the 180days needed to get the Amnesty Bill through unopposed.

Millions of poor dirt farmers working off non owned land haven't got a clue what's going on. They stand in front of their huts with metal siding for roofs with satellite dishes, 52 inch TVs and no teeth. It's no wonder that Thailand is in a constant state of chaos when no one in government truly represents them and the establishment (the protesters) couldn't care less about them. Unfortunately for the protesters, they represent a majority in Thailand and they will have a vote.

A slight "balnket statement, but they are better off under the PTP if that is your concern then the Democrats. If you look at history so far, there is a reason why the PTP is so loved in some of these affected areas, and dont believe the tripe that it is all just money.

The Democrats have certainly not seen to help these people, thats for sure. Just go ask them. People in Bangkok certainly dont appreciate the backbone of this country and where their food is coming from. Havent seen any fruit and rice growing in the Klong outside.coffee1.gif

Are they really better off with the PTP? PTP and Thaksin give them a bit of money but that is is. PTP want them to be solely reliant on them to represent them. It is well and fine to give someone 500 baht so they can eat today ... but what about tomorrow.

If the PTP spent more up north on education then perhaps the people will be better off and they could make better informed decisions and would be able to learn and earn, but if the people up north were educated would they still vote for PTP?

Give a person a fish and he eats today. teach him to fish and he can eat everyday

IMO PTP is suppressing the people of the north with small treats and they are not really improving the lives of most northerners

Must be paying them 500 hundred baht every day. Come on, get on google and really, really look at what Thaksin has done for these people. If you cant find anything let me know and I will inform you. The reason, I do this is to get people to think... The people are thinking up North thats for sure. Who produces over 75% of the peoples food in the North and North East? What about the irrigation, roads, highways, dams, building of government agencies for people to access etc. Nope no one looking at the big picture. Thaksin wasnt all bad, it seems the elite can look after themselves in Bangkok, but who is the voice for the rest of the country, well it wasnt the democrats! Look at their election record, not been elected since 1992 I think. So I think his Majesty and several governenments did a superb job inteaching the people in how to fish, and to also feed the rest of a large part of Thailand, Bangkok included!!wai.gif

They are not the backbone of the country at all - all they do is suck all of the money out of the national coffers.

My food comes from Tesco's and Oh!! how I wish that they had Indian Basmati rice there instead of this rubbish Jasmine rice.

They haven't been given the chance to help them because Thaksin has cheated and bribed his lot to victory on a false premis.

OK, which was better? The Democrat's rice mortgage scheme that gave the money directly to the farmers or Thaksin's ludicrous rice pledging scheme where the money has run out because it has been siphoned off by his mates and the millers and exporters?

Not the backbone of the country? Look at the stats!!!

All these muppets thinking they will have a legitimate election on Feb 2.you are so out of touch.It will be NULL& VOID .too many seats with no MPs .You get it?I guess not .can't educate pork

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They are not the backbone of the country at all - all they do is suck all of the money out of the national coffers.

My food comes from Tesco's and Oh!! how I wish that they had Indian Basmati rice there instead of this rubbish Jasmine rice.

They haven't been given the chance to help them because Thaksin has cheated and bribed his lot to victory on a false premis.

OK, which was better? The Democrat's rice mortgage scheme that gave the money directly to the farmers or Thaksin's ludicrous rice pledging scheme where the money has run out because it has been siphoned off by his mates and the millers and exporters?

Not the backbone of the country? Look at the stats!!!

How can they be the backbone of the country?

Surely, the backbone of the country in 'modern times' is the part that generates money for the nation as a whole. Bearing in mind that the North and North Eastern regions are a drain on the economy then the South, Central regions and in particular, Bangkok are the true backbone of Thailand.

In days gone by I'm sure that the agricultural regions were the backbone of the country but not anymore, not in 2014!!

It's no good romanticising about it, you should face facts and realise that the tourist industry (the North, with Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and other areas do play a prominent part here) financials (Bangkok) and exports are the true drivers of the economy.

Thailand can import it's food and rice CHEAPER than producing it.

Another definition of the backbone of the country is youth - and what are they doing nowadays - heading for the cities to get real jobs that benefit them and the nation far more than toiling in the fields producing more and more poor quality uncompetitive rice when there is a glut of the stuff at the moment. All caused incidentally by Thaksin Shinawatra and his unworkable and crazy policies that are costing Thailand a fortune and more pertinently its reputation of being a civilised society!!

The Shinawatras have done so much damage to this country that it doesn't bear thinking about. Just think where Thailand could have been if the Shinawatra clan had never existed!!