Protester shot near Bangkok Chaeng Wattana rally site

webfact

Thaksin's little helpers - keeping Thailand's version of democracy safe.

Probably had absolutely nothing to do with politics. It was, most likely, some cyclist, with a bad temper, and a gun, confronting someone who would not let him pass through. People get shot for much less confrontational issues here.

Really? How many days in a row has there been a protester shot or had their house fire-bombed? Yet this "probably" has nothing to do with the protest.

Yes; really.

What this does have to do with the protest is that one person has decided that his will should preside over another's. The other person happened to be armed with a gun and a short fuse.

Yes, I imagine the shooter wasn't a flag waving, selfie taking, whistling patriot. But, I seriously doubt that his encounter with the guard / protest was for the purpose of shooting someone.

If the primary intent was to inflect bodily harm to the protesters, the shooter would, more likely, shoot numerous times into the protesters. He would have achieved a much bigger impact.

But, he didn't. It really appears this was a direct, personal confrontation between the guard and the shooter

Edited by Curt1591

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thaksin's little helpers - keeping Thailand's version of democracy safe.

Suthep's hired Southern thugs instigating violence to prompt a coup.

Call your unsubstantiated rumour & raise you 1.

Trying to decide which might be the closest to any reality is a hard one! mmmm Think I'll go for Thaksin's little helpers The idea that Suthep would hire thugs to shoot at his own protesters doesn't really float even as a conspiracy theory!

Yknow im not sure where some of you were brought up but I do know some of you are from here ( Thailand ) unless im mistaken that probably makes you if Thai, a Buddhist. Just because Buddhism teaches you cause and effect or if you like,Karma, it also does not advocate or support violence. I would say your probably a terrible Buddhist and have much self examination to do and not a little self control. If your not from Thailand then im sorry you should know better either by good example or by experience of at least.

Do you think all black people are criminals ? or how about all white are racist how about Asian all being stupid ? if you think the answer is no to any then just why do you think a coloured shirt defines you any more than your skin does ?

Some reall deep thinkers here and A LOT of shallow ones.

Tonight, shootings at Asia hotel Ratchathewi. Bomb explosion at Suk Soi 31, house of Abhisit.

It's getting dirty now.

Please give more details about this post.
https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow

Richard Barrow ‏@RichardBarrow 42m

There have been 2 incidents:

1. Sound of explosion on Soi 31 where Abhisit lives

2. Sound of gunfire at Hua Chang Bridge near Asia Hotel

Richard Barrow ‏@RichardBarrow 4m

Two people reported to be injured in gunfight, a man of about 35 & a woman of about 45 - TR @Nalinee_PLE #BangkokDangerous

Totally predictable. I fully expected this to happen. When the red shirts were too clever to take the bait it was only a matter of time before the anti democracy mob tried to manufacture their own street disturbances. Pathetic, really.

Tonight, shootings at Asia hotel Ratchathewi. Bomb explosion at Suk Soi 31, house of Abhisit.

It's getting dirty now.

Please give more details about this post.
https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow

Richard Barrow ‏@RichardBarrow 42m

There have been 2 incidents:

1. Sound of explosion on Soi 31 where Abhisit lives

2. Sound of gunfire at Hua Chang Bridge near Asia Hotel

Richard Barrow ‏@RichardBarrow 4m

Two people reported to be injured in gunfight, a man of about 35 & a woman of about 45 - TR @Nalinee_PLE #BangkokDangerous

4 incidents tonight in #Bangkok:

1. IED on Silom

2. Explosion at Abhisit’s house

3. Shooting near Asia Hotel

4. Buses on fire at Nang Lerng

Totally predictable. I fully expected this to happen. When the red shirts were too clever to take the bait it was only a matter of time before the anti democracy mob tried to manufacture their own street disturbances. Pathetic, really.

Try harder next time, this troll post is too obvious for anyone to fall for it. Or even better, get a life?

Relax.... You don't have a clue what is happening on those streets. If you are so sure about that, do us all a favour, go out there and get us some evidence. I am sure Thaksin will be proud of you if you can do that.

By the way, red shirts were gathering at soi bearing at 9PM.... strange time to start a pro gov rally don't you think?

By the way, red shirts were gathering at soi bearing at 9PM.... strange time to start a pro gov rally don't you think?

Hired goons wearing red clothing are not the same as 'red shirts'. If the real red shirts came to Bangkok en masse you would know about it.

. You only have to ask yourself the simple question "Who stands to gain from shooting on the streets of Bangkok?" Do the maths.

The excuse for a coup seems to be gaining momentum. I wonder who would benefit most from a coup?

Not Thaksin, Yingluck or PTP. That's for sure.

The people will benefit the most as it will set the reform process in order and the dust will have settled by the time a true and fair election will be called, and hopefully there will be a true democracy in Thailand for the first time ever.

Hired goons wearing red clothing are not the same as 'red shirts'. If the real red shirts came to Bangkok en masse you would know about it.

. You only have to ask yourself the simple question "Who stands to gain from shooting on the streets of Bangkok?" Do the maths.

Go to sleep and stop trying the red shirt bravado crap on us, they would be scared shitless to come to BKK this time en-masse. Look what happened 6 weeks ago, they ran away.

If there is a coup they have promised to come, and we will see if they do.

The excuse for a coup seems to be gaining momentum. I wonder who would benefit most from a coup?

The people will benefit the most as it will set the reform process in order and the dust will have settled by the time a true and fair election will be called, and hopefully there will be a true democracy in Thailand for the first time ever.

Would you say that the people have benefited the most from the other coups of the past? Or are you hoping for an unprecedented overhaul of Thai politics?

Would you say that the people have benefited the most from the other coups of the past? Or are you hoping for an unprecedented overhaul of Thai politics?

All the circumstances are different from all the other coups.

This time it is about an aggressive overhauling of the judicial and political systems, and all the things that are seen as crimes against the nation with the lack of equality and all the corruption lining the pockets of the wealthy at the cost of the poor, that goes for both sides.

This time will probably be the first time ever that a coup is a godsend for Thailand.

I have my best hopes up for this to go down well, and eventually all people from both side will realise that it made Thailand a better and fairer place. Then can we really think about reconciliation.

He thinks that coup no.19 will turn out differently than coups no.1-18. Not terribly bright.

This time it is about an aggressive overhauling of the judicial and political systems, and all the things that are seen as crimes against the nation with the lack of equality and all the corruption lining the pockets of the wealthy at the cost of the poor, that goes for both sides.

This time will probably be the first time ever that a coup is a godsend for Thailand.

I have my best hopes up for this to go down well, and eventually all people from both side will realise that it made Thailand a better and fairer place. Then can we really think about reconciliation.

You are seriously deluded.

• Like 1

Whilst your hoped-for vision of the result of a coup is as admirable as it is desirable, I just can't see what evidence you can bring to bear to suggest it will work out this way. It's like ditching the devil we know for....well, something of an unknown outcome. Unless of course you can persuade others that things will really work out as you hope.

Whilst your hoped-for vision of the result of a coup is as admirable as it is desirable, I just can't see what evidence you can bring to bear to suggest it will work out this way. It's like ditching the devil we know for....well, something of an unknown outcome. Unless of course you can persuade others that things will really work out as you hope.

I think after reforms, a political watchdog ought to be set up who is able to petition the supreme court and the constitutional court to make sure that someone is watching everyone and everything. They would need to be untouchables, but that can be achieved by having it composed of people from both sides of the political divide.

I think we all know by now that reform is on the cards, and it only remains to be seen what and who will conduct the reforms, but the Military and the head of state are probably going to be the ones who decide. At least all parties will come to the table after a coup. There is little chance of that ever happening without a coup.

Who knows what will happen, but it has got to be better than this.

Edited by poisonus

post-70418-0-45346200-1389729637_thumb.j..

Here we see Fr. Ted trying to explain the difference between dreams and reality. Dreams are when you think coup no.19 will turn Thailand into a happy, democratic, corruption free utopia with no more traffic accidents. The reality is that coup no.19 would pan out no differently to coups 1-18. There comes a time in everyones life when you have to stop believing in fairy tales and grow up.

post-70418-0-01388700-1389729952_thumb.j

attachicon.gifimage.jpg..

Here we see Fr. Ted trying to explain the difference between dreams and reality. Dreams are when you think coup no.19 will turn Thailand into a happy, democratic, corruption free utopia with no more traffic accidents. The reality is that coup no.19 would pan out no differently to coups 1-18. There comes a time in everyones life when you have to stop believing in fairy tales and grow up.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Do you know why people jump out of burning multi-storey buildings? Because they find their current situation absolutely intolerable and any change is preferable.

Hope springs eternal, and while you spout doom and gloom, others say "<deleted>, could it be worse than this?" You see, some men will stand up and fight, rather than continue taking it like a man, and watching their country being raped by criminals.

• Like 1