Imperial World Latprao Access

Looking at this map it appears to me if you take the MRT to Lad Phrao station you should be able to get there without any problem. You can take a taxi from the station to Imperial World that will cost about 60 baht this info from another topic.

Taking the BTS sky train would be out of the question.

Map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210550963008557722983.0004ea041241da07d86cb&msa=0&ll=13.790405,100.59906&spn=0.302084,0.445976

Went there earlier today (MRT + taxi), and other than a long queue for ticket machine at Bang sue (30 minutes) it was a quick ride. Taking the car to Chaengwattana about the same overall. Not many people in line at immigration too. The immigration office is on the 5th floor. Getting back home was even quicker with no MRT queues.

• Like 2

Went there earlier today (MRT + taxi), and other than a long queue for ticket machine at Bang sue (30 minutes) it was a quick ride. Taking the car to Chaengwattana about the same overall. Not many people in line at immigration too. The immigration office is on the 5th floor. Getting back home was even quicker with no MRT queues.

Thanks, I needed that info!

Went there today -- Thursday afternoon. Took the MRT to Lat Phrao, went out Exit 3, caught the just passing 122 bus, and got off just after Soi 81 in front of Big C. Entered and walked to right end where the elevators are and took one to the fifth floor. Then walked back to the far side to Immigration. There are two steps here for 90 day reporting. First you go to an open area with lettered counters and wait in line to have your form quickly perused, your visa expiration date noted, and be given a queue ticket stapled to your form. Then you go to the main area and, after your number is called, hand in your form and passport to a plainclothes immigration officer behind a window. The checking and return of your passport with the next reporting date slip is done while you're at the window.

According to my ratty six year old Bangkok bus map any of these buses ought to get you from Lat Phrao to Imperial World and back:

Non Air: 8, 27, 44, 92, 96, 122, 145

Air: 92, 502, 545

post-52906-0-13807400-1389875323_thumb.j

I plan on going to the Immigration Ladprao road office in Imperial World to do the 90 day report on Thrusday the 23rd. I'll be driving down Ladprao Road from Minburi. I see that Imperial World/Big C is between Soi 81 and 83. Which Soi should I enter and I assume they have a parking lot.

I plan on going to the Immigration Ladprao road office in Imperial World to do the 90 day report on Thrusday the 23rd. I'll be driving down Ladprao Road from Minburi. I see that Imperial World/Big C is between Soi 81 and 83. Which Soi should I enter and I assume they have a parking lot.

If coming from Min Buri probably easier just to get the #27 or 151 bus, will drop you right across the road from Big C.

If driving, I assume you will be coming from The Mall Bang Kapi direction?

If so just carry on along LP in the direction of Chok Chai 4, Big C will be on your right hand side, you will need to drive on then do a U-turn and come back.

Yes there is a car park, you want to park on level 5a which is on the same floor as immi.

The car park is signposted at the enterance to Big C.

Soi 81 is the enterance to the car park, soi 83 is the exit.

If you miss the soi 81 enterance there is another before you get to soi 83.

If coming from Min Buri probably easier just to get the #27 or 151 bus, will drop you right across the road from Big C.

If so just carry on along LP in the direction of Chok Chai 4, Big C will be on your right hand side, you will need to drive on then do a U-turn and come back.

Yes there is a car park, you want to park on level 5a which is on the same floor as immi.

If coming from The Mall Bang Kapi you have to go to LP 74 and make a left turn then at the first street on the right turn right to get back to LP. Turn right onto LP and go to LP 81.

Went to Imperial Lad Prao this morning for my yearly retirement extension.

I came "early" before 10:30, but already huge crowds. The single counter which checks your papers has no number system. Therefore, lots of people pushing, shoving, trying to jump the queue, very annoying. People fill forms at the counter, blocking further access, many are clueless and need the same instructions again and again.

There is a single copy machine, but again huge queues. Maybe takes 30 minutes to make your copies - better go down to the 3rd floor and use one of the shops near the elevator. After you copied the missing papers, you must return to the single counter and push and shove again.

I was lucky as my papers were complete and I was good at pushing and defending my queue place. Another polite, but weak Japanese guy was not so lucky and was pushed back by some visa agents.

Not a very pleasant experience.

After you have delivered your papers and they found them sufficient, it gets better. You get a real queue number and have to wait in the main waiting room. After your number is called, it just takes a few more minutes.

If you need the reentry permit, you first have to make copies of passport, entry stamp/TM6 form and the extension stamp you just received. Again, better use the copy shop at floor 3 which may save you 30 minutes.

After you copied all the information they have already received from you 1 hour ago, you get another queue number and then it is rather easy.

Costs: 1900 Baht for extension, 3800 Baht for reentry (multiple).

Time: About 2 hours for me, as I was well prepared and had all papers ready.

How to get there: Due to the mobs, many busses don't run or changed routes. Taxis know their ways, though. Best is, take MRT to Lad Prao, and then almost any bus which moves east. Ask the chick "Big C" and not "immigration" or such, which they would not know.

It is only about 10 minutes from MRT. A taxi should cost around 50 Baht.

Edited by GreenSnapper

Another method for entry from Bangkapi is to exit left to Ram Intra surface road just after passing Big C, make U-Turn, proceed over Latphao Road and make another U turn to drive to Soi81. Latphao Road can get congested beyond that overpass so likely faster.

If asking for Big C be sure you add Imperial World as there are two Big C stores on Latphao Road. Believe from MRT will be a bit over 60 baht but a straight run

• Like 1

Thanks for the directions. I just went this afternoon and I did enter on Soi 81. For those driving though I found it will be easier to enter on Soi 83 and continue down the soi about 200 m to the entrance and continue on up to level 5. The ramps are better and not as congested. The place seemed a bit of a madhouse but I was in and out in about 15 min for the 90 day report.