Thai protesters to seize stock market‏

webfact

Any attempt to shut down air travel will be met with military intervention.

That's the line that was drawn by the military some time ago.

Shouldn't that be the duty of the police?

Who cares, as long as they are protected?.....Personally though, I would prefer the military to guard these installations....at least they have some discipline.

And guts. Well, smaller bellies at least.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, please. Many foreigners, and some thai, will be very happy with weaker baht.

after the stock market, please do occupy airports.

BTW capitalism, with all it's stock markets, stinks.

While I agree with you that a weaker Baht would benefit all of us foreigners here in Thailand, you really contradicted yourself by saying that Capitalism stinks (with all the stock markets). If you want a weaker Baht then you are talking in a capitalist way! You want to see the exchange rate go back to how it used to be.. (ie: with Capitalist countries strong and poorer countries weak, so that you can 'take advantage' of the cheaper life-style). This in itself is a very capitalist way of thinking.

I am not saying that this way of thought is wrong,,, but you did contradict yourself by wanting a capitalist thing to happen, yet you slam the stock exchange system that gives you the benefit that you are seeking for !!

How does the weaker bhat help all the foreigners who live and work here and are paid in bhat?.

the weaker Baht does affect any Thai's or Foreigners that work here and depend on the Thai Baht as their salary.. (provided that they stay in Thailand). But the second they decide to go abroad and take a holiday then they get less foreign currency for their baht. If you send some money home you will get less for your money). So if you plan to exchange a LARGE sum of baht back to your own currency, then best wait till AFTER this situation has finished.

But,, many people in this forum, (including myself) have money in the UK or other countries etc and occasionally (or regularly) send money from the UK to Thailand for our living expenses or other reasons. Also any foreigners that come to Thailand for holiday (or Long holiday) will be drawing out money in the ATM's. So all of these people will ENJOY the weaker baht... (as they will get more bahts for their pounds or bucks).

I was replying to the original post who was happy to see a weaker baht.

(a friend of mine does business with thai companies and buys a LOT of stock from thailand every month, so he is mega happy to see the baht falling)

No big deal....so the SET is closed for a day, just like a public holiday. The world will not end. They want to provoke violence and cause chaos. This will not do it.

Already have a contingency plan set up when there was a danger of flooding. The SET can operate remotely from the SET building and staff work from other location and even home.

Shouldn't that be the duty of the police?

Police? Good grief. Haven't you noticed there are still motorcyclists not wearing helmets?

So these are the EDUCATED students from the top universities of Thailand? What has this country coming to.

Thailand spends more per capita than any other Country in the World on Education. However, in 1994 I interviewed 126 students with MBAs from major Thai Universities and not one of them could answer simple questions such as what is the chemical formula for common salt and what is ohms law.

• Like 1

Let the protester block what they want to.

If they believe so much in "Democracy" that they bring down the entire country, I am sure they will accept democratic measures after everything is over and accept that they need to pay back all damages and losses to their fellow country people who were all affected my the protest moves.

Some Thai need to learn to give, too, not just demand. What goes around, comes around!

There will be no military intervention. Air traffic control will continue from other places. Expect delays, that's all. You seriously think they don't have a contingency plan?

The minority acting in the deeds of the so called majority. Oh how intellectual you are all acting. Can't see anyone but yourselves and Suthep. How much is he paying you guys. Take everything guys, in fact your possibly playing further into the hands of the PTP... Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are confusing things. This was all brought about by watching Thaksin and his followers. It had nothing to do with Suthep he was a Johnny come lately. Yes we are looking at are selves. We are unhappy with watching are money flow to places that are not even in this country and in no way benefit the country.

I hate Taksin as much as the next guy, but I don't see how closing the stock market will help the cause and as for the air traffic control they should leave that well alone...

i wouldnt worry too much about this one ,the average thai probably doesnt know what the stock market is

never mind how to take control of it ...

No big deal....so the SET is closed for a day, just like a public holiday. The world will not end. They want to provoke violence and cause chaos. This will not do it.

No the world will not end but foreign investment in Thailand may take a sharp turn downward. Shutdowns, takeovers, etc. of public facilities and government offices creates RISK from investment. Thai Treasury Bonds interest will have to rise to continue attracting investment, furthering its national debt. Capital will fly out of thai marketable securities, etc.