Gunman spray bullets into protesters near Thai Democrat office

webfact

Gunman spray bullets into protesters near Democrat office

BANGKOK: -- A gunman sprayed bullets into anti-government protesters camping out on the sidewalk in front of the Democrat party office on Setsiri road in Phayathai district at a predawn attack on protesters today.

However no protester was injured in the shooting which protester guards said was politically motivated.

The shooting occurred at about 02.30 a.m. today at a coffee house “A Big Seat” which is in front of the office of the Democrat party. A group of protesters from Rayong province was camping out near the coffee house. They arrived in Bangkok to join the Bangkok Shutdown protest today.

A Camry sedan was reported to come near the office and a man was seen sliding down the side windshield and sprayed bullets into the coffee house.
The driver then sped off immediately.
There was no injury but the glass door and window of the coffee house were broken with a dozen of bullets.

Forensic police arrived to inspect the scene this morning to collect evidence.

Police said it might be the work of ill-intention people wanting to incite violence.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gunman-spray-bullets-protesters-near-democrat-office/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-13

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Police said it might be the work of ill-intention people wanting to incite violence.

If someone sprays a coffee-shop with bullets...is that not violence, yet?!

You know Thailand if he gets caught he was not inciting violence he was just cleaning his gun and it went off.

• Like 1

"Police said it might be the work of ill-intention people wanting to incite violence." Top notch detective work, as usual.

So where are the 15,000 Police ordered in by Yukluck to protect the people of Bangkok on Monday, which started at 00.01am ? Hmmm; i suppose the protesters are not the 'right' people to protect then.

I don't believe it was anti-protesters if nobody was hit. Just another scam to make the "other" side look bad.

Either iether glad noone was hurt.

I've been watching the Thai PBS HD station for a couple of hours now and never saw this incident.

Shots fired but no one hit? It doesn't take a genius to work out who was behind this. Expect to see more of these stunts as the week goes on.

I agree, is there no end to how low suthep will stoop? I mean having someone firing into a crowd of his own protestors just to try and incite violence, this scumbag must be stopped at all costs thumbsup.gif

Sit back and relax, let the Thai's sort it out in their own inimitable way...after all, it is THEIR country.

• Like 2

The newspaper doesn't explain if it was an automatic weapon "spraying" bullets in to a cluster of human beings. Hard to understand how a "spray" of bullets in to a cluster of people can not cause injuring and/or killing. How does the newspaper define "spraying bullets?"

"Police said it might be the work of ill-intention people wanting to incite violence."

Obviously. Since neither side had come up with a constructive plan to improve the socio-political situation. The actions of both sides do nothing but incite chaos. Once again, grown people acting like school yard bullies. All these actions prove to the rest of the world is that this is society with a national inferiority complex without a clue how improve the lot of its citizens.

How incredibly lucky... almost unbelievably lucky

Your incessant and blinkered cynicism does you little no credit. coffee1.gif

No one can know for sure who was behind this violence, and whoever it was deserves outright condemnation

But praise for their shooting skills, i.e. gunmanship.

Yeah...I know, in narrow-minded world of yours the red shirt supporters and thugs have never committed a single criminal act, they have never resorted to terrorism and instead of throwing fire bombs and hand grenades into backyards and gardens of their political opponents they probably threw some candy and sweets. Maybe even Swisse cholocate. It must be great living in the land of yours, I'm certain that even pigs can fly. wink.png

What the f...k are you talking about? w00t.gif This reply to a reply makes no sense... in the future please make sure your brain is plugged in before touching keyboard. coffee1.gif

Edited by IBoldnewguy
  • Like 1

If someone sprays a coffee-shop with bullets...is that not violence, yet?!

Sounds to me that someone is trying to force a coup.

• Like 1

"Police said it might be the work of ill-intention people wanting to incite violence."

Obviously. Since neither side had come up with a constructive plan to improve the socio-political situation. The actions of both sides do nothing but incite chaos. Once again, grown people acting like school yard bullies. All these actions prove to the rest of the world is that this is society with a national inferiority complex without a clue how improve the lot of its citizens.

So far, the current protests are very peaceful. Peaceful civil disobedience is a right in any democratic nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disobedience

Gandhi was a big supporter of this.

The newspaper doesn't explain if it was an automatic weapon "spraying" bullets in to a cluster of human beings. Hard to understand how a "spray" of bullets in to a cluster of people can not cause injuring and/or killing. How does the newspaper define "spraying bullets?"

First of all, shooting people with a gun isn't quite as easy as it looks on TV. But whoever did the shooting here, was most likely trying to intimidate, rather than kill. Shattering a glass shop window near a group of people will often do that.

Anybody's guess who might want to intimidate a group of peaceful protesters...

facepalm.gif

They threw a few handfuls at the cluster

• Like 1

They threw a few handfuls at the cluster

A bit early for Songkran....perhaps it was a water gun.

At this stage we dont know who is responsible, a red shirt supporter with incredibly bad aim, or a yellow shirt agent provocetur trying to frame another group.

Whoever is responsible, its dispicable.

Edited by moonao
  • Like 2

Your incessant and blinkered cynicism does you little no credit. coffee1.gif

No one can know for sure who was behind this violence, and whoever it was deserves outright condemnation

But praise for their shooting skills, i.e. gunmanship.

Reads like a bad movie script... car slows... window lowers... shots ring out... but no one hit... maybe this was just a rehearsal... I hope not.