non-b to tourist...(sorry)

I flipped through the forum but haven't found much recent info so sorry if this topic is like beating a dead horse.

My single entry Non-B expires in Feb and I plan on leaving the country about 20 days later (US citizen). I have a Work Permit. I'm feeling cheap and would like not to have to spend the 2,000 baht on a 90 day visa if at all possible. Can I get a double entry tourist visa (if I only get a 15 day overland tourist visa)? Do I have to leave the country or can I do this where I would get my Non-B (Khorat (Nakhom Ratchisima)). Can this be done? Is this legal? Or should I not be cheap and do this the proper way.

Any advice is welcome. Again, sorry if this is one of those topics every 2 time poster to this forum creates.

Do you currently have a visa or an extension of stay you obtained from immigration?

The only extension you can get to give you more time is 7 days.

You would have to leave the country to get a tourist visa or another single entry non-b visa. You could also do a border run to get a 15 day entry unless you are from one of the G7 countries that get a 30 day entry.

Do you currently have a visa or an extension of stay you obtained from immigration?

The only extension you can get to give you more time is 7 days.

You would have to leave the country to get a tourist visa or another single entry non-b visa. You could also do a border run to get a 15 day entry unless you are from one of the G7 countries that get a 30 day entry.

My single entry Non-B expires in Feb and I plan on leaving the country about 20 days later (US citizen).

Since he's stated he's a US citizen, it would be a 30 day visa exempt entry, but presumably he couldn't legally work during the 20 days he plans to remain in the country.