CAPO expects Bangkok Shutdown rally to last around 5 days

webfact

CAPO expects Bangkok Shutdown rallies to continue for 4 or 5 days

BANGKOK: -- The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order announced Monday that it expected the "Bangkok shutdown" rally would last for 4 or 5 days.

Three rally sites, including Chaeng Wattana, Lat Phrao intersection, and Victory Monument are concerned spots of possible clash, it announced.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DZvwah7W-x.
-- The Nation 2014-01-13

CAPO fears violence could erupt at three main rally sites

BANGKOK, 13 January 2014 (NNT) - The Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) has expressed concern over reports of violence at three main gathering sites of anti-government protesters.

Two shootings were reported on Sunday night at Chaengwattana road and the Democrat party headquarters. A People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) guard was injured near Chaengwattana Road while unknown assailants shot at the party headquarters, damaging the party-owned coffee shop in the front.

A RTB-5 explosive was also thrown at a PDRC core leader’s home in Nonthaburi.

CAPO spokesperson Piya Utayo said violence will likely erupt at rally venues close to these reported attacks and urge police officers to closely monitor the situation. Hot spots include Chaengwattana, Lat Prao and Victory Monument rallies.

The CAPO expects the rally to last around 5 days.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-13 footer_n.gif

Do they know something we don't know?

If the protests have not completed their aim within 5 days the protest area will be doubled in size just in time for the weekend warriors to arrive.

The protest sites will be expanded daily almost if the government continues to be stubborn.

They will EASILY take the airports.

Edited by poisonus

Even he expected the rally to end be it 5 days, 7 days or 10days. And if it doesn't end, it does not matter to them at all especially Yingluck.

There is always others doing her duties. She just simply doing her own errands, spending time on her shopping list. After 3,5 or 10days, she came back and still see the protesters.

YL: "Oh! You all still here protesting!? Oh,ok.. cool man"

Anti-govt: "TS Get out! YL Get Out!"

YL: whistling.gif "chill guys...." giggle.gif

Anti-govt: "Resign! Resign! Resign!"

YL: "No, I will not. I have the duty to take care of the govt till the election came and a new govt is elected."

"No, I will not. I have the duty to take care of the govt till the election came and a new govt is elected."

"No, I will not. I have the duty to take care of the govt till the election came and a new govt is elected."

sad.pngblink.pngcrying.gifhuh.pngunsure.pngsaai.gif

Seriously, what can they do to her? I'm wondering......

• Like 1

Do they know something we don't know?

If the protests have not completed their aim within 5 days the protest area will be doubled in size just in time for the weekend warriors to arrive.

The protest sites will be expanded daily almost if the government continues to be stubborn.

They will EASILY take the airports.

The government continues to be stubborn ?? Or Suthep continues his violence.

I predict the protest will end yesterday. I further predict that the two opposing sides will join hands on Chinese New Year and sing 'Kumbaya'. After that, the taxi drivers will always use honest meters, and stop renting their rented cabs out to unlicenced drivers. Then the miltant wings of both sides will melt down their armanets to make ploughshares for the poorest farmers, as beautiful pigs fly overhead and wave with their little hoofies in a cute and lovable way.

blink.png

• Like 1

Just read on bloomberg 10 minutes ago that there was about 80,000 protesters, come on! Is this really a people's revolution? If people are that serious they should be coming out in there millions! These shutdowns are a mere inconvenience to the government. Suthep, I think your days are numbered!

• Like 1

How could CAPO possibly have any idea how long this will last ? Have their pronouncements ever borne any resemblance to reality ? Who's still listening to these broadcasts anyway ?

Mr Surapong strikes me as being a capable chap. Certainly has the measure of the situation and keeping things well under control, at least for now

"With such vision and foresleight we can all sleep safely in our mia nois beds duringthe round up of wrong thinkers and anti-hub elements said a spokeshave"

Thank God the wise leaders are so much more generous,compassionate and selfless than the falang scum

Just read on bloomberg 10 minutes ago that there was about 80,000 protesters, come on! Is this really a people's revolution? If people are that serious they should be coming out in there millions! These shutdowns are a mere inconvenience to the government. Suthep, I think your days are numbered!

Yes, as much as many people here would hate the low number, it has to be said that Bloomberg has no vested interest in high or low. The fact that the SET and the Baht both stabilised on the low turnout/no violence reflects the preference of the markets for stability( and the continuation in office of the current caretaker govt)

I do not often agree with you but in this case I feel you are spot on. But I do feel damage is being done and there ios a LOT more going on we will never know. All speculation to keep our brains busy

I recall that the news on the big demonstrations that took the government house ranged from more than 5.000 up to 560.000 in official news. Not even counting their own estimations.

Just forget what Bloomberg tells. It is like I tell you it is 1.000.000 (I estimate from the color of my coffee, bloomberg, BBC, CNN often use similar methods). It has the same probability of being true.

How could CAPO possibly have any idea how long this will last ? Have their pronouncements ever borne any resemblance to reality ? Who's still listening to these broadcasts anyway ?

Mr Surapong strikes me as being a capable chap. Certainly has the measure of the situation and keeping things well under control, at least for now

The little wee green chap has been replaced by PTP ace Chalerm who clearly fancies himself as a latter day Lady Penelope's Parker

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, as much as many people here would hate the low number, it has to be said that Bloomberg has no vested interest in high or low. The fact that the SET and the Baht both stabilised on the low turnout/no violence reflects the preference of the markets for stability( and the continuation in office of the current caretaker govt)

I do not often agree with you but in this case I feel you are spot on. But I do feel damage is being done and there ios a LOT more going on we will never know. All speculation to keep our brains busy

I noticed this early am when wondering whether the pound was heading towards 60 and if it was worth bringing my pension over. The numbers were poor and it was noticable from the drone shots during all the previous weeks protests that the numbers were tiny.

Suthep and his thugs also saw this early and set about de-stablising the SET by threatening to occupy it. BIt rash really as most of their Elite Backers will be inconvenienced by this move..... I do hope so as I'd love to see them trading in their Mercs and BMWs in order to by a rice paddy rotivator to go to work on with their mates.

I noticed this early am when wondering whether the pound was heading towards 60 and if it was worth bringing my pension over. The numbers were poor and it was noticable from the drone shots during all the previous weeks protests that the numbers were tiny.

Suthep and his thugs also saw this early and set about de-stablising the SET by threatening to occupy it. BIt rash really as most of their Elite Backers will be inconvenienced by this move..... I do hope so as I'd love to see them trading in their Mercs and BMWs in order to by a rice paddy rotivator to go to work on with their mates.

More ill researched tosh.

The SET rose today

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

seems like a case of Bloomberg needing an eye test. Narrow vision is not productive. I can assure you that there were more than 500,000 at Lat Prao intersection and another 10-15,000 inside Central Lat Prao. Perhaps Bloomberg just counted the people waiting to buy an MRT coupon 'cos there were lots of queues for that!!

Unless, of course, they were tipped off in advance and could divest themselves of large holdings only to buy them back at a lower price. That is illegal in many countries. Here it is just good business.

They 5 day prediction by Thaksin is just a guess or a dream ...

It will all come down to how many people are willing and or being paid to want to stay and man the protest sites day in and day out for an long period. My guess is the PDRC is probably canvassing down south to get long term campers up to bangkok

The choice of Monday to start it off is an interesting gamble, but if it carries on you can bet the come Friday afternoon and Saturday morning the numbers will swell for a huge weekend party