Robbery On Phuket

niagarekoja

I see the Pattaya section are having a poll re: robbery/muggins.Anyone had similar in Phuket.I had the dubious pleasure a good few years a go of getting robbed twice in a fortnight in Patong .Once on beach road near sawadirat road junction at about 1:00am.By two small katoeys who at the time I thought were a couple of girls messing around.Usual trick grab from behind and grab your tackle and generally bugger about. :D Second time on Rat U Thit by a couple on a bike who asked for a light about same time of night I was not really all that drunk either.Didnt get anything much though,previous attackers had got most :o

As a follow on from the first attack I actually made a couple of what has turned out to be good friends in Patong.A couple of bar owners lent me money and a total of five bars gave me credit.Plus I even found a lady who gave me credit :D .Who I still reward today with food/room money when I see her! There are some good people out there and that is why Patong/Phuket is my number one place in Thailand

Beach Road is very dark late at night, as the shops provide most of the light, making it a good zone for the thieves. Long time know for Kateoy thugs you just have to stay away. I buy anti mugging insurance for every night that I'm out and about on the dark streets. That would be at the cost of 100 Baht per night by using Tuk Tuk to get home! Hello...

BTW before the other topic popus up, Don't go with Freelancers. End of story on that one also, HELLO!

Yeah! am wised up to all that now.This happened a good few years ago when I was a bit green :o:D .Just wondered if any body on here, had problems recently. I know for a fact there are more undercover police about than there was but it is still happening to the unlucky few. :D Not well reported though

Good avatar :D

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago, I came out of the shower and had Two Thai guys going through my bedroom - they must of been deaf as my shower is off my bedroom - Anyway, I stopped them from thieving and when the police came, I was then charged with assault, which cost me over 40,000 baht - they were fined a poultry 500 baht each!

Amuseing Thailand - where the farang is always wrong!

Kudos to the gent!

Would you please go over to the motorbike post and re affirm the situation!

the above deal about being a victim was admittedly a newbie mistake. Granted the Sniffer is a big bloke that is never Moew wil out on the town and doesn't offer the classic victem signals I attribute my never been ripped of in LOS to having a brain slightly larger than a peanut. Stay way from Kateoys at night and stay off the beach. Did anyone know there is night travel insurance offerd all over Patong. They are noted as being in little RED MINI BUSSES aka Tuk Tuk's that take you right to your hotel and by all the problems. I invest 100 baht everynight that I go out to insure my safety and as I said before.....Couple of Kateoys are not going to have a go at me!

I have a friend in Pratong who though he always denies his interest in Katoeys, took a couple home one night, naturally he was drunk beyond belief.

He awoke to find his mobile phone, TV, cash and a couple of bottles of beer from his fridge were all missing along with the 2 katoeys, we guess the beer was given to the wonderfully honest tuk tuk driver as a tip for helping with the telly.

Lessons to be learnt from this, if you need to 'go the other way' do it in a hotel room with only enough cash in your pocket to pay the young 'lady' off with, don't take them home with ya.

I have a friend in Pratong who though he always denies his interest in Katoeys, took a couple home one night, naturally he was drunk beyond belief.

He awoke to find his mobile phone, TV, cash and a couple of bottles of beer from his fridge were all missing along with the 2 katoeys, we guess the beer was given to the wonderfully honest tuk tuk driver as a tip for helping with the telly.

Lessons to be learnt from this, if you need to 'go the other way' do it in a hotel room with only enough cash in your pocket to pay the young 'lady' off with, don't take them home with ya.

you forgot the other part bash - I was asleep upstairs and they even came into my room and took my money - lol. My ass wasnt sore - so phew! :o

• 4 weeks later...

you forgot the other part bash - I was asleep upstairs and they even came into my room and took my money - lol. My ass wasnt sore - so phew! :D

Your arse wasnt sore coz you had pleanty of vaseline up your jigger son. :o