Thai Army clarifies dress code order

webfact

This is starting to remind me of the movie "Good Morning Vietnam",.... "will the enemy pleeeeaase start wearing clearly definable colors so that we can know who they are,.. and please don't pick colors that clash as we'll have enough trouble on our hands with all the fighting"

Q. When is a coup not a coup?

A. When the army blend in with the protesters!

I wonder if they'll try to camouflage the tanks and armored trucks as ice cream delivery vans?

This isn't unigue to Thailand. British troops did the same during the IRA troubles and I've seen it in Australia.

Yeah,... in Australia they're known as Federal coppers but I reckon they're dead giveaways with their arrogant swaggers and the pairing off of them into Starsky & Hutch lookalikes!

The is dangerous because it will allowed PDRC to illegally enter the ministry office if there is no check on identity is in place.

Not wearing a uniform has nothing to do with identity checks. Military personnel still have to have a Military ID, whether in or out of uniform. It means that ID checks are still performed of course, so civilians or others without appropriate ID and access passes cannot gain entry, just as it would normally be.

I think they should give the same order next time they are in combat. For their convenience and all.

Allowing the army to.blend in with civilians is outrageous. Can the civil.service dump.their uniforms too?

Please read the article - it states QUITE CLEARLY that they are being allowed to TRAVEL TO WORK in civilian dress, but must then CHANGE INTO UNIFORM when they get to work.

quote:

[He said the Army has allowed them to wear civilian clothing for their comfort as they may have to travel longer distances or take more time to travel from their homes to work due to many road blockades by anti-government protesters.]

I always thought that military uniforms were designed for traveling long distances, like for instance, in case of war.

​Turns out that the Thai army only uses uniforms that are comfortable for short distances.