Yingluck says she will not resign

webfact

Suthep is basically saying give me the country or I'll trash the joint.

Wasn't that basically what the reds/Thaksin were saying in 2010?

Actually, as i remember (my office was at CWT at the time) they trashed and burned the place... even after they got the elections they wanted...

In what civilized country would you heed the demands of a maniac threatening to destroy the country if you don't hand him the keys?

Are we talking Suthep or Thaksin? Sorry that comment could equally be placed at the feet of either men, with the exception that Suthep hasnt trashed anything (yet) where as Thaksin's lot did.

Again going back to the argument that "oh well the reds did it" and "which crazy guy are you talking about because Thaksin's crazy" is never going to achieve anything and its downright childish and petty. So is everything this Suthep does okay because someone else might have done it before him? Should we advise him that it should be okay to mass murder the entire population of Isaan because hey " Hitler did worse in the past" !

Its obvious that this country would never get anywhere with people that have your mindset around, try to think like an adult sometimes please.

• Like 2

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does she have to leave the country Suthep?

Perhaps he is afraid, that if she remains and an election is held, despite Suthep's best efforts to prevent an election, that the PM will be returned to office with even more PTP MPs?

Yingluck is receiving some superb political advice. She remains calm and shows strength by standing her ground, yet making gestures of conciliation.

Her image is being strengthened with the electorate, while Abhisit frolics with the Suthep protestors. Again we see the poor political strategy of the Democrats demonstrated playing the desperate opportunistic game, while the PTP plays the long game.

Abhisit lost a golden opportunity to regain some standing because he hasn't distanced himself from Suthep despite saying Suthep was operating on his own. Meanwhile, the public is treated to an image of a beleaguered PM withstanding a storm of abuse, with people trying to force her from her "beloved contry".A forced exile touches a raw nerve in Thailand. Nothing evokes emotion like the image of someone forced from the country all Thais hold dear.

In politics, image and public perceptions count for a lot. They can make the difference with undecided voters and stir up emotions that overpower rational thought. All that Suthep is accomplishing is strengthening the PTP supporters resolve and pushing people who want another political option back to PTP as the lesser of two evils. And as usual, Abhisit dithers trying to straddle the fence but flailing about as he straddles it. As much as some wish to discount the PM and her advisers as stupid bumpkins, the PM and her team are giving a lesson in politics and how to win an election.

In politics, image and public perceptions count for a lot.

Agreed. Thats why the Shinawtara's have Bell Pottinger on their side. Without PR they are nothing.

Though Bell had better come up with some new PR spin to bring the Red shirts (white shirts) back to the fold.

I have an idea that would help that happen though it does not involve PR which the Shinawatra's rely on.

It's involves honesty, transparency and paying the rice farmers when they actually promised to pay them instead of making excuses that it is the protestors fault the rice farmers are not getting paid.

You go girl. She got more brass balls then Suthep giggle.gif

I wouldn't go as far as to say that.

But she defiantly has the biggest set in the whole clan. To bad they are not connected to her grey matter.

If so Thaksin would be skyping other people to try and ambush her.giggle.gif

• Like 1

She is continuing to act with dignity.

Yes, she seems a very good actress, even tears on demand.

Dignity - just another performance but hollow without sincerity, morals and ethics.

She does lie beautifully but completely fails to see that people can connect words and actions.

Why does she have to leave the country Suthep?

Perhaps he is afraid, that if she remains and an election is held, despite Suthep's best efforts to prevent an election, that the PM will be returned to office with even more PTP MPs?

Yingluck is receiving some superb political advice. She remains calm and shows strength by standing her ground, yet making gestures of conciliation.

Her image is being strengthened with the electorate, while Abhisit frolics with the Suthep protestors. Again we see the poor political strategy of the Democrats demonstrated playing the desperate opportunistic game, while the PTP plays the long game.

Abhisit lost a golden opportunity to regain some standing because he hasn't distanced himself from Suthep despite saying Suthep was operating on his own. Meanwhile, the public is treated to an image of a beleaguered PM withstanding a storm of abuse, with people trying to force her from her "beloved contry".A forced exile touches a raw nerve in Thailand. Nothing evokes emotion like the image of someone forced from the country all Thais hold dear.

In politics, image and public perceptions count for a lot. They can make the difference with undecided voters and stir up emotions that overpower rational thought. All that Suthep is accomplishing is strengthening the PTP supporters resolve and pushing people who want another political option back to PTP as the lesser of two evils. And as usual, Abhisit dithers trying to straddle the fence but flailing about as he straddles it. As much as some wish to discount the PM and her advisers as stupid bumpkins, the PM and her team are giving a lesson in politics and how to win an election.

Guess you missed the post about how pissed off the rice farmers are, and their leaders comments about PTP and realizing what they really are.

You still think she runs the country and makes decisions. She simply does what she's told, just like all the other PTP ministers and MPs. A shining example of a democratic dictatorship controlled by an autocrat egotistical megalomaniac. Every Thai I know well, many of whom previously supported PTP, now hate the Shins and their gang and want rid of them. Even some very ardent red shirts said that they would be better off without the Shins but need their money.

The PM and her team have proofed they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery, but they's sure as hell make a massive profit for themselves out of it!

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

I think everybody is resigned to these occasional statements by Yingluck.

And the band played on....

Except that she is correct in her comments............

So you think that she has previously championed democracy, upheld and respected the law, and carried out her duties responsibly and in accordance with her oath of office?

You really believe her comments?

Too sad for words.

If the caretaker government did not make the invitation gesture, EC, DEM and PDRC will accused them of undemocratic, not willing to listen to other. It is the same game that the DEM played - demanded the government dissolve the parliament, but when it happened, they boycotted it. EC commissioners had talked to DEM and PDRC and who know what hidden agenda they have. They may be colluding to get the PTP party dissolved. What AV is saying as reported by media is the same tune with EC Somchai.

Or perhaps they sought to get the Dems and PDRC to the negotiation table, after their attempts to work with the government to find a way out of this mess fell on deaf ears (although the call to Dems and PDRC to join negotiations will also fall on deaf ears)

Maybe the EC is trying to find a peaceful way out of this mess, they know that they have no chance of holding a peaceful election next month, and as it stands right now even if they do, they still wont end up with enough MP's to open parliament.

The mess were created by EC commissioners not the EC or the caretaker government. Since the commissioners proposed an unconstitutional delay through a written letter to the government, it is prepared to listen to all concerned parties peacefully hoping to come out with a solution to help EC sort up their problems. The caretaker government's gesture should be commented for it shows their willingness to involve all concerned parties because DEM is not the only political party in Thailand other than PTP. The commissioners should attend the transparent meeting involving all concerned parties.

If the commissioners continue to seek ways to shift their problems, PTP and other smaller parties should leave it to them to solve the problems they created. Legal action against them if they don't .

Edited by icommunity
  • Like 1

Election fraud! Unlawfully trying to amend the constitution! Plus many other crimes against the thai people. What part of that is she basing her democracy. Im teaching social to high school kids about democracy and the 1ST thing it says in their books is the leader is chosen by the people for the people. Not BUY the people for the people i know only Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BUY the people bought by Korn himself too...

http://asiancorrespondent.com/19554/korn-on-the-democrats-in-the-northeast/

How is it unlawful amending the constitution through the parliament? What election fraud? What other crimes against the Thai people - please quantify. Your high school kids will be misled by you. Very scary indeed.

• Like 1

Mark My Word , less than 2 Weeks we will see a coup. Count down ..,. Sent from up to me from where it was sent

Mark my word, there will be no coup wink.png The government will let him continue for a while longer then they will arrest him and arraign him on all counts against him wai2.gif

• Like 1

Election fraud! Unlawfully trying to amend the constitution! Plus many other crimes against the thai people. What part of that is she basing her democracy. Im teaching social to high school kids about democracy and the 1ST thing it says in their books is the leader is chosen by the people for the people. Not BUY the people for the people i know only Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BUY the people bought by Korn himself too...

http://asiancorrespondent.com/19554/korn-on-the-democrats-in-the-northeast/

How is it unlawful amending the constitution through the parliament? What election fraud? What other crimes against the Thai people - please quantify. Your high school kids will be misled by you. Very scary indeed.

Sutheps followers are very much like liberals in the U.S., they love to throw out allegations and innuendos but have a very hard time dealing with facts or the truth, they also carry on like little children when things don't go their way smile.png

• Like 2

Mark My Word , less than 2 Weeks we will see a coup. Count down ..,. Sent from up to me from where it was sent

Mark my word, there will be no coup xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.pEtiH2upqe.webp The government will let him continue for a while longer then they will arrest him and arraign him on all counts against him wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1722055545 width=20 height=20>

Mark my words, I don't give a damn. cheesy.gif

She and hers have beaten the old fool at just about every turn and will likely do it again as the residents of Bangkok realize they have been Sutheps pawns.

The larger percentage of respect of the world stage is currently in her corner and any credibility whatsoever in the Suthep camp is rapidly being eroded by his increasingly ridiculous actions.

Accepting olive branches to at least talk have been dismissed out of hand as has any form of compromise. The PTP Thaksin camp would have won the world poker championships hands down with the way they have played their hand in this confrontation.

I firmly believe at one point Suthep may just have achieved a fair proportion of his objectives but his continued belligerence related to all things Thaksin has clouded what little judgement he and his masters may have had.

Hopefully it will just peter out and there will be no additional confrontations. And as mentioned by an earlier poster on TV, perhaps the potential savior of Thailand is out there somewhere, but conspicuously absent at the moment.

The biggest losers in this at this moment in time are Abhisit and his "Democrats" and sadly and most importantly- the Thai people.

Just have to say my friend, there is an old adage which goes something like this... Its better to keep your mouth shut and let peoples think you are a buffoon, than to open it and give them the proof... and to add.... there will be no losers in this present conflict... there will be only winners, the peoples of Thailand...hurrahhh

Absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 1

Wasn't that basically what the reds/Thaksin were saying in 2010? Actually, as i remember (my office was at CWT at the time) they trashed and burned the place... even after they got the elections they wanted...
In what civilized country would you heed the demands of a maniac threatening to destroy the country if you don't hand him the keys?
Are we talking Suthep or Thaksin? Sorry that comment could equally be placed at the feet of either men, with the exception that Suthep hasnt trashed anything (yet) where as Thaksin's lot did.
The red shirts had reason to be livid in 2010. The army and "others" engineered a coup where a political party that hadn't won an election in 15 years and represented the interests of the Bangkok elite had been installed into power. It was the kind of thing that happens in tinpot banana republics not a modern, democratic, constitutional monarchy. The red shirts had no real choice but to resort to violence if they wanted their political rights to be respected. The elite had pulled the rug from under them. The red shirts were merely trying to restore what rightfully belonged to them. They wanted justice. The burning of buildings was a result of rage. Rage against the elite, rage against the army for fanning the flames. The yellow shirts have nothing to rage against. They're just unhappy that the government wasn't putting the interests of the Bangkok elite first and foremost. Their demands are unjust. They want an unelected ruler who represents a minority.
So if you feel rage, then it is okay to burn buildings?Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

I think everybody is resigned to these occasional statements by Yingluck.

And the band played on....

Except that she is correct in her comments............

So you think that she has previously championed democracy, upheld and respected the law, and carried out her duties responsibly and in accordance with her oath of office?

You really believe her comments?

Too sad for words.

I believe her words. Not like the guy who used a faked document to cheat for a teaching job. He also demanded an election but when it happened he boycotted it. He lied to the whole world that his government had an international arrest warrant.

Why is the Opposition (Suthep and his mob) so afraid of an Election?

the EC refusing to comply with a royal decree to organize an election, The (Tigers of the North) Army generals of which General Prayuth belongs favors Sutheps mob, They are hoping for a Military Coupe!

But most importantly! Yinglucks political base the Rice farmers are up in arms for not being paid for their rice, if Yingluck can not find the money to pay the rice farmers, how is she going to buy their votes. If there ever was a time for all the voters of Thailand to have an election, relatively free from vote buying it is now!

Yet with all the odds in their favor, they are still afriad of a free open election.

That fact only points to they know there is no way they can win one!

Cheers

• Like 1

A family who has done more to destroy democracy in Thailand and make a fortune out of it.

Brazen

What is your proof??? I think Shinawatra family has done more to not just democracy but also progress and prosperity of Thailand.

Have you been missing for at least 3 years???? you will have to catch up on the fantastic developments / achievements.

Talking about prosperity---enough of that and no money to pay the farmer.

You now are wanting truth, you tell the posters what PTP have done for Thailand over the last 3 years, plus how much money have they stockpiled for Thailand.

The only stockpiles are rotten rice.. and sick to death population. ask any persons here no one is over the moon about PTP, despite the landslide 48% 3 years ago.

• Like 1

She and hers have beaten the old fool at just about every turn and will likely do it again as the residents of Bangkok realize they have been Sutheps pawns.

The larger percentage of respect of the world stage is currently in her corner and any credibility whatsoever in the Suthep camp is rapidly being eroded by his increasingly ridiculous actions.

Accepting olive branches to at least talk have been dismissed out of hand as has any form of compromise. The PTP Thaksin camp would have won the world poker championships hands down with the way they have played their hand in this confrontation.

I firmly believe at one point Suthep may just have achieved a fair proportion of his objectives but his continued belligerence related to all things Thaksin has clouded what little judgement he and his masters may have had.

Hopefully it will just peter out and there will be no additional confrontations. And as mentioned by an earlier poster on TV, perhaps the potential savior of Thailand is out there somewhere, but conspicuously absent at the moment.

The biggest losers in this at this moment in time are Abhisit and his "Democrats" and sadly and most importantly- the Thai people.

Just have to say my friend, there is an old adage which goes something like this... Its better to keep your mouth shut and let peoples think you are a buffoon, than to open it and give them the proof... and to add.... there will be no losers in this present conflict... there will be only winners, the peoples of Thailand...hurrahhh

I think he was talking about Your statement

She appears to be retreating at every turn.

She would not dissolve Parliament

She dissolved Parliament

She would not change the election date

She calls for a conference deferring the election date

Doesn't sound to me like she is beating him at every stage. More like she is a reluctant follower of his.

Going to be interesting her conference on deferring the election The Democrats won't attend it The anti government protesters won't attended it and the electoral commission won't attend it.

Pretty much leaves the old boys club having a meeting of there own.

I see where she has unleashed the armed part of the party and they have bombed Abhist house. Should be an interesting two weeks.

Has any one seen in the Bangkok post where Suthep threatened to capture 5 ministers. I see it in the Nation sort of but then again they are not exactly noted for the accuracy of their reporting.

• Like 1

Yingluck is super rich, she doesn't need the job. The question is, why is she holding on to power,

what is her benefit? If so many hate her, why doesn't she just leave?

Is there going to be some kind of consequence for saying "I quit"?

She's worried about something.

Taksin said don't quit, you'll go to jail.

You don't go to jail for quitting your job, so what is she really afraid of?

She does not represent the people of Thailand, she represents her party and her party's interests only,

that's pretty obvious at this point.

Are you saying that he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about,

or that you have absolutely no idea about what he is talking about ? post-133770-0-30473900-1389754888_thumb.

Wasn't that basically what the reds/Thaksin were saying in 2010?

Actually, as i remember (my office was at CWT at the time) they trashed and burned the place... even after they got the elections they wanted...

The red shirts had reason to be livid in 2010. The army and "others" engineered a coup where a political party that hadn't won an election in 15 years and represented the interests of the Bangkok elite had been installed into power. It was the kind of thing that happens in tinpot banana republics not a modern, democratic, constitutional monarchy.

The red shirts had no real choice but to resort to violence if they wanted their political rights to be respected. The elite had pulled the rug from under them. The red shirts were merely trying to restore what rightfully belonged to them. They wanted justice.

The burning of buildings was a result of rage. Rage against the elite, rage against the army for fanning the flames.

The yellow shirts have nothing to rage against. They're just unhappy that the government wasn't putting the interests of the Bangkok elite first and foremost. Their demands are unjust. They want an unelected ruler who represents a minority.

So if you feel rage, then it is okay to burn buildings?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sure, depending how bad you've been treated. The rural poor have always been viewed and treated as second-class citizens in their own country. The finally have a voice, a government has made developing the poorest parts of the country a priority, and this riles the Bangkok elite. That money should be funnelled into their pockets instead! In the eyes of the elite Thailand=Bangkok and no-one else matters.

They have to fight to protect their rights otherwise the elite will snatch it from them time and time again. If the Thais weren't so tolerant telling each other "mai pen rai" this war would have been fought decades ago.

So if you feel rage, then it is okay to burn buildings?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sure, depending how bad you've been treated. The rural poor have always been viewed and treated as second-class citizens in their own country. The finally have a voice, a government has made developing the poorest parts of the country a priority, and this riles the Bangkok elite. That money should be funnelled into their pockets instead! In the eyes of the elite Thailand=Bangkok and no-one else matters.

They have to fight to protect their rights otherwise the elite will snatch it from them time and time again. If the Thais weren't so tolerant telling each other "mai pen rai" this war would have been fought decades ago.

Is this the anarchist's version of democracy? Or straight from the red hand book?

• Like 1

Re abduction threats: Just tit-for-tat rhetoric at this stage,

but a sign things are warming up.

However, with bullets sprayed at and bombs exploding outside the homes and offices of various Suthep supporters,

Thaksin has clearly upped the ante.