Farmers plan protests against the government for rice payments

Lite Beer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This protest proved the farmers need the rice scheme. The rice scheme was sabotaged and obstacles laid to make it difficult to operate and delayed the result. The farmers should instead help the government in rooting up the unscrupulous traders, politicians, irregularities and oppositions of the scheme etc to make the scheme continue to bear fruit of their labor. If the farmers are unhappy with the rice scheme, they can vote the PTP out and bring in the DEM who opposed the scheme. The DEM who made many promises during election campaign but never fulfill them in full.

Wow! Who told you all this? If you believe what you just wrote, you are not smart enough to have fabricated it yourself. Is this the story they are telling illiterate country people in the NE? The mind boggles at the audacity.

Why are they complaining?

They are going to get paid on the 31st!

Anyway.....please vote for PTP in the next elections.........you are not stupid after all.

Long live corruption and graft, we plan to bankrupt the nation vote PTP! clap2.gif

This protest proved the farmers need the rice scheme. The rice scheme was sabotaged and obstacles laid to make it difficult to operate and delayed the result. The farmers should instead help the government in rooting up the unscrupulous traders, politicians, irregularities and oppositions of the scheme etc to make the scheme continue to bear fruit of their labor. If the farmers are unhappy with the rice scheme, they can vote the PTP out and bring in the DEM who opposed the scheme. The DEM who made many promises during election campaign but never fulfill them in full.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifThe farmers should instead help the government in rooting up the unscrupulous traders, politicians, irregularities and oppositions of the scheme etc

The DEM who made many promises during election campaign but never fulfill them in full.

that would be PTP then.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed, please do not make it a habit to post in bold fonts.

Rice farming is a business; like any other it should allow market forces decide who succeeds and fails so that the inefficient and incompetent will move to a more remunerative occupation. Instead,

That is a viewpoint from an capitalistic extreme. Capitalism has many failings. It is not a system that works in all markets.

In this case, we actually need to eat food, and all around the world, farmers are given handouts to do that. US, Europe, Africa - everywhere.

Giving farmers handouts is not the issue. Giving farmers $20 and a bunch of non-producing leeches $80 is the problem.

• Like 2

Rice farming is a business; like any other it should allow market forces decide who succeeds and fails so that the inefficient and incompetent will move to a more remunerative occupation. Instead,

That is a viewpoint from an capitalistic extreme. Capitalism has many failings. It is not a system that works in all markets.

In this case, we actually need to eat food, and all around the world, farmers are given handouts to do that. US, Europe, Africa - everywhere.

Giving farmers handouts is not the issue. Giving farmers $20 and a bunch of non-producing leeches $80 is the problem.

Giving farmers nothing, as is clear from the OP, and leeches 80$ is the problem.

Especially when those leeches are part of the government.

Well done PTP for breaking promises against your own supporters now. I understand and accept your disregard for anyone that disagrees with you, but YOUR OWN SUPPORTERS!?

Pichit farmer commits suicide because rice mortgage payment worth 200,000 baht from Yingluck government is 4 months overdue

http://www.tnews.co.th/html/news/79472/สลด!!-ชาวนาพิจิตรเครียดดับ-หลังไม่ได้เงินจำนำข้าวจากรัฐ.html

Come out in force rice farmers. Let the PT know that you have the power to remove them. Don't die for no reason like you did in the 2010 brutal terrorist uprising orcastarted by the paramilitary wing of the PTP.

I beg you rice farmers. Listen and learn from the educated.

• Like 2

Before we get too wound up about the disgruntled farmers, these groups are probably from the northern rice growing areas of Phitsanulok (Dem), Sukothai (tied) and Phichit (Chart T.) I doubt the N.E.boys will squeak.

However, tomorrow is pay day for these guys whistling.gif so we must wait and see if the PTP has deep pockets or just another "kittifib"

has been told.

However their presence in Bangkok won't help PTP or hurt PCAD.

Its much more wide spread, Mukdaharn, Kalsin, Amnat and Ubon all being told different versions of how and when they will be paid. There are debts owed needing to be paid have been missed and already causing strife. This group of people have nothing else, the last thing BKK needs is this lot and the next seasons rice crop delayed.

Edited by Bkkbound
  • Like 2

Oh oooh

RT @tulsathit: RT @Tulip_Oum: Rice farmers from 5 northern provinces to block Asia Hwy 117 Pitsanulok-Nakornsawan on Jan17.-@NationChannel24

RT @tulsathit: RT @Tulip_Oum: The farmers said last protest was to ask for rice price pledging scheme money. This time is to oust govt.-@NationChannel24

This is a copy of a post made elsewhere in the T.V.F.

It would certainly seem as if there are even more protesters about to join the anti government movement.

Looks as if the rice growers have yet again been lied to by the puppet government. Now, there's a novelty.

Those Thaksin P.T.P. puppet government promises are indeed having consequences regarding their actions or in this case inaction's.

Promises are only as strong as the person who gives them ...”

Anyway.....please vote for PTP in the next elections.........you are not stupid after all.

O.K. Mr. Crystal Ball.

Since you know so much.

When am I going to get paid my 2250b./rai for 25 rai that the gov.t promised me and I saw for one month only ?

Yea, vote for them if you want liars as your representatives.

Gotta love "true" democracy........thumbsup.gif

O.K. Mr. Crystal Ball.

Since you know so much.

When am I going to get paid my 2250b./rai for 25 rai that the gov.t promised me and I saw for one month only ?

P.S.We are rubber farmers if'n ya hadn't figured that out.........wai.gif

What month of what year ?wink.png

February 31st... This year...

I doubt that they would notice the aberration and will be desperately waiting until the 31st of February.

Lets face it, they have as much chance of getting it on the 31st February as on the 31st January!!

O.K. Mr. Crystal Ball.

Since you know so much.

P.S.We are rubber farmers if'n ya hadn't figured that out.........wai.gif

Ditto. As far as I know, nobody is being paid the rubber money. And rubber prices continue to be weak.