New eco car. Yaris/Almera/Brio etc. Please help!

Thaiwi

Saw a Fiesta 1000cc at Central Plaza, nice looking little motor.

Nice price at nearly 800K too! 125 hp / litre is nice output, and beats the 1.6 in that respect. Should have good economy too, but no manual transmission I believe.

City is a better all rounder. 125 Bhp and Service Centres that work as well.coffee1.gif

And uses twice as much fuel than the Fiesta too.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my Almera which I bought 5 months ago. Roomy, a joy to drive (it almost drives itself). With CVT version (no ABS, only one airbag) I get 18.3 Km/Litre with about 1/3 each of country roads, highways and city traffic which is something to consider. As it hasn't had its first service yet I haven't really put my foot down very often but I have found it adequate for getting away from minibus drivers and the ilk.The

฿483 000.- (now ฿495 000.-) includes three years first class insurance plus road rescue service. The after sales service seems to be very good so far.

I must admit that it isn't a car that will give you much protection in a traffic accident. Just a good family car, we do a daily school run of 80Km and have done a few longer trips.

• Like 1

I've been looking at these eco cars and just placed an order for a Mitsubishi Attrage GLS. I got it for 500k plus free insurance and a bunch of freebies. The spec is equal to most of the others costing 600-650k. A good looking and economical car. Give it a look.

• Like 1

Don't want the topic to die off.

Nissan now has the NEW Almera. Price went up, but the top of the line is only 9000 more than before.

Anyone have feedback? I may buy a car very soon. Any other comparisons?

The Almera minor change is purely cosmetic, just some restyled bumpers, some added chrome bits, and some glossy black panels inside. All existing comparisons stand, unless the extra chrome and glossy black parts really catch your eye ;)

• Like 1

I've been looking at these eco cars and just placed an order for a Mitsubishi Attrage GLS. I got it for 500k plus free insurance and a bunch of freebies. The spec is equal to most of the others costing 600-650k. A good looking and economical car. Give it a look.

And you have had it now for a short while. Your feedback? I am on the fence between yours and Almera.

I just placed a deposit on a new Suzuki swift Glx ,560000 baht ,comes with leather interior ,parking sensors ,sports body kit ,1st class insurance,rubber mats and lamina 60% window tint.Exellent value in my book,Pick it up in 2 weeks .

Edited by greg71

I just placed a deposit on a new Suzuki swift Glx ,560000 baht ,comes with leather interior ,parking sensors ,sports body kit ,1st class insurance,rubber mats and lamina 60% window tint.Exellent value in my book,Pick it up in 2 weeks .

60% tint - could be a bit challenging to see out the windows at night.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have 40% on the sides and back and nothing on the front except for a 40% six inch strip across the top. When I took delivery of the car it had 40% on the front and I immediately knew that was too much so had the dealer fix it.

For me, 40% on the sides is probably too much - while I can and do roll down the window to see when making a turn, I wish I could better see out the side windows while driving at night down the road, where I do not want to roll down the window. It is often a bit tough for me to see the motorcyclists, with their often weak headlights, coming up to pass me in the dark.

Edited by SpokaneAl

And you have had it now for a short while. Your feedback? I am on the fence between yours and Almera.

I've only had it a few days but i am still really pleased with the car. Nice smooth ride, comfortable seats, huge boot and i think it looks great especially in the red or blue. I still think it's the best car upto 500,000 baht. If you are spending upto 600-650k then others come in play like the Swift or Yaris or City.

I've only had it a few days but i am still really pleased with the car. Nice smooth ride, comfortable seats, huge boot and i think it looks great especially in the red or blue. I still think it's the best car upto 500,000 baht. If you are spending upto 600-650k then others come in play like the Swift or Yaris or City.

Nissan now has the NEW Almera. Price went up, but the top of the line is only 9000 more than before.

Yes, it's still underpowered and fugly.

• Like 1

Yes, it's still underpowered and fugly.

Well, yeah, with only three cylinders it is no race horse. However, that was not its purpose or design. I own one - it runs good, gets solid gas mileage, has a huge back seat for the family - it fits my needs. Want more - there are plenty of other choices at whatever price range makes sense to you.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Underpowered and ugly... For a safety conscious driver, the Almera is powerful enough. Or do you want to to be able to imitate one of the suicidal drivers going home at New Year?

Ugly.. Can't see that, looks ok to me and I'm not making a fashion statement when I do the school run. Many Thaivisa members seem to be living in a really ugly high rise insult to the eye... I can't see what looks has to do with it. A to B does.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Underpowered and ugly... For a safety conscious driver, the Almera is powerful enough. Or do you want to to be able to imitate one of the suicidal drivers going home at New Year?

Ugly.. Can't see that, looks ok to me and I'm not making a fashion statement when I do the school run. Many Thaivisa members seem to be living in a really ugly high rise insult to the eye... I can't see what looks has to do with it. A to B does.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

I think they look ok, the black ones look good.

The wife is looking for small city car for school run etc. She's willing to spend about up to 500k.

So new March or used Yaris (through Toyota Sure etc.)

Tough one.

I personally don't like used vehicles, you simply do not know how it was driven, plus it and its parts are also closer to it's sell-by-date.

Quick question. Would people on here go for a new March E CVT or used Yaris with maybe 30+k km on it?

Also would running and insurance cost differences be noticeable? (4cyl Yaris verses 3 cyl March)

Edited by Khon Thai Ben Khon Dee

The wife is looking for small city car for school run etc. She's willing to spend about up to 500k.

So new March or used Yaris (through Toyota Sure etc.)

Tough one.

I personally don't like used vehicles, you simply do not know how it was driven, plus it and its parts are also closer to it's sell-by-date.

Quick question. Would people on here go for a new March E CVT or used Yaris with maybe 30+k km on it?

Also would running and insurance cost differences be noticeable? (4cyl Yaris verses 3 cyl March)

I guess your Mrs would like new, unless she would like the performance of the 1.5 Yaris, that's one difference.

My Mrs has had a Yaris 6 years and there have been no issues and 60k on the clock, cheap to run but would think the March cheaper, wouldn't think there would be a big difference with the March road + insurance costs though.

If driven a lot the eco car will make quite good savings in petrol. There will be a power deficit but not so noticeable. I went from driving my civic 2.0 into the swift 1.2 and still think the swift is quite adequate for around town. A nearly new used yaris/vios will turn out to be quite expensive. Toyotas and hondas here are very expensive second hand.

She's fine with used. She cares more about common sense than face. An unused older model that wasn't sold, and thus is cheaper than the latest models would be ideal. smile.png

If you can buy cash secondhand is OK, cars today can take a lot of abuse and if it has history no problemo.

All I was trying to say is Yaris 1.5 vs March whatever is not really a comparison.

The new Yaris Eco is 469 000 Baht and the J model is 519 000.

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/product-detail.php?model=yaris&opt=grades

When I saw them, 1 years insurance was included, so add that with the

3 warranty and to me, it makes no sense to buy second hand for that price.

are these automatic or stick shift? and is the eco motor the same as the regular yaris?

I don't seem to be able to find that info in their website.