January's a bad month

January's hasn't been a good month for me. My Avatar died last January and my 13 year old Golden Lab passed in his sleep about 30 minutes ago. He's gone to join his friends and family at Rainbow Bridge and wait for me. He wasn't sick, just old.

I'm so sorry to hear this. But at least you can take comfort that he had such a peaceful end, it is not always that easy.

As he was old, you must have given him many years of devoted care, that is to your credit.

My dog is about 12 now (and my avatar 14) so I know that I will have to face this before much longer myself. ...

Hang in there. And get another dog. Of course there is no replacing the ones that died but you'll come to love the new one in a new way.

Thanks for the support. He will be the 11th to be buried in my orchard since i moved here 15 years ago but it's still not easy. I still have nine, a 10.5 year old Golden Retriever, a three legged 9 year old Thai mutt and 7 others that I have picked up along the way, so there's no lack of love. Two of the mutts wondered around the house all night looking for their friend and whining.