Isaan PDRC supporters add spice: Lat Phrao Intersection

webfact

She said she hoped to see the reform of Thailand and education was the most important thing she wanted to see changed.

Thai people should know their rights, she said, but today's government covers the people's eyes and ears and keeps the benefits for themselves.

She said that at the PDRC rally at Khon Kaen, red shirts often threatened PDRC protesters. Whenever PDRC Khon Kaen plans a parade, the red shirts hold a rally too, so the PDRC protesters must change their march route to avoid a conflict.

This is an encouraging report, let's hope there are a lot more like her.

"This is an encouraging report, let's hope there are a lot more like her"....There are PADocrats throughout the country, including predominantly PTP areas, as there are UDD/RS in the south...It would be expected that these people support the coup-mongers in BKK...To imply however, that their attendance in BKK somehow represents a momentum shift of sympathy for the protesters beyond their own kind, is erroneous...In fact quite the opposite is true...The Feb. 2nd. election will most likely validate this POV...And is why the protesters need to desperately delay or cancel them...

I think it more to show that PTP may not be able to claim that the north is purely red country.

The desperate delay or cancellation of the election!

considering that PTP are the only main party standing in the elections, How would that validate your POV? .

Almost unbelievable what Issaan people say and do for 2,000 Baht.

2,000 Baht is what the PDRC is paying all the people from Issaan to join the protests.

I would sooner listen to the opinions of real people from Isaan - as I do every day.

Listening to you and you gangrenous views is quite nauseating.

If you have some proof of this - then feel free to post it

If not, then kindly stick to the facts

Facts, don't worry about facts, the red a_rse lickers wouldn't know a fact if they licked one.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 2

She said she hoped to see the reform of Thailand and education was the most important thing she wanted to see changed.

Thai people should know their rights, she said, but today's government covers the people's eyes and ears and keeps the benefits for themselves.

She said that at the PDRC rally at Khon Kaen, red shirts often threatened PDRC protesters. Whenever PDRC Khon Kaen plans a parade, the red shirts hold a rally too, so the PDRC protesters must change their march route to avoid a conflict.

Bravo!!!

Signs that they are coming to their senses and seeing the real picture as to what Thaksin stands for!!

Stay brave and keep it up - heroes, all of youwai2.gif.

"This is an encouraging report, let's hope there are a lot more like her"....There are PADocrats throughout the country, including predominantly PTP areas, as there are UDD/RS in the south...It would be expected that these people support the coup-mongers in BKK...To imply however, that their attendance in BKK somehow represents a momentum shift of sympathy for the protesters beyond their own kind, is erroneous...In fact quite the opposite is true...The Feb. 2nd. election will most likely validate this POV...And is why the protesters need to desperately delay or cancel them...

Almost as 'erroneous' as calling the protestors 'coup-mongers' because they don't want a coup.....

2000 is about 20 USD...so $140 for a week in the city, food included, transport as well. Could do worse...

Except it is total bullshit like almost every comment you ever make on here. Protestors are not getting paid. Prove it, there is none. They are giving Suteb money from their own pockets to help fight the cause. Get it straight....

2000 is about 20 USD...so $140 for a week in the city, food included, transport as well. Could do worse...

Except it is total bullshit like almost every comment you ever make on here. Protestors are not getting paid. Prove it, there is none. They are giving Suteb money from their own pockets to help fight the cause. Get it straight....

Its just so un-Thaksinite which is why they cannot comprehend it!!!

Some people have morals and will pay to see justice done.

• Like 1

Its the Bangkok people who really give money to Suthep. Have many people's in my office that give money to Suthep who is most of the time just a km away.

Most of the protesters from the South don't give him money but want money from him to come to Bangkok. Rubber farmers are not rich by the way.

He wanted to do the same action already in 1995 and promised to bring 1 million people from the South to march throughout Bangkok.

BTW The guys and gals look done not only on the Northern and Northeast Thai's but as well on the Southern.

Edited by MobileContent

This is a very moving and revealing article. We sometimes forget the human element, at the grassroots level. These are real people. And they have traveled from Isaan, even from places like Udon Thani, to come to Bangkok. Coming from such a vantage point takes a lot of commitment and belief in the cause. I was glad a woman mentioned education as being key, because it's really at the root of the corruption problem. If the public is not educated, they are more apt to have the wool pulled over their eyes and be in awe of trinkets. One party has a vested interest in keeping them uneducated, while another has a vested interest in an educated populace. The recent story about the rebellion among the rice farmers in a case in point. They're finally catching on. Not a good development for Thaksin. Indeed, there is organized support for this movement in Udon Thani - the first of the so-called " red villages " - which is a concept that not only is shockingly insulting to those who live there who do not share that point of view, not only as an intentional tool and wedge between people in the same country, but a step towards a uniform system of conformity, as was experienced in China beginning in the 1940s. These people who show up to Lat Phrao don't want that. They want a Thailand where everyone is respected. Where no one is told their voice cannot be heard.

Our village is a red village but we even have supporters that back Suthep and our village men is a Christian who don't like the red shirts.

One villager called yesterday my wife and told me she can make a fortune if she sells souvenirs at Siam Square. My Mrs asked her are you not worried and she said know, she will be a supporter of PDRC but hope she can make a lot of money during that time.

Another friend I have from Isaan likes Chuan and I like him too (buth not Abhisit and Suthep) and we often talk politics. She don't like Thaksin and the red shirts and she has absolute no problem in our village.

This is Thailand and not China.

Its the Bangkok people who really give money to Suthep. Have many people's in my office that give money to Suthep who is most of the time just a km away.

Most of the protesters from the South don't give him money but want money from him to come to Bangkok. Rubber farmers are not rich by the way.

He wanted to do the same action already in 1995 and promised to bring 1 million people from the South to march throughout Bangkok.

BTW The guys and gals look done not only on the Northern and Northeast Thai's but as well on the Southern.

rubber farmers are not rich..change what you grow then,why do you mention it...most protesters from the south dont give him money....you dont actually know that do you ...

• Like 1

Sorta reminds me of a FOX News story where they seek out and zoom in on the one black guy at a republican event. Fish out of water, and look, he's also eating fried chicken and mac 'n' cheese with collared greens. facepalm.gif

Thanks to Fryysline Boppe and Theslime for liking my post. I hoped somebody would see the silly irony in that.

Collard greens and Som Tam. Gotta love it.

Edited for no good reason. *&^%$#@*LOL

Edited by 55Jay

Oh look a cooking topic som tam no less clap2.gif

look its pretty obvious some got paid to come along, most likely the southerners bussed in. Face it if you want to get stuff done here you have to pay in the main. since the funds have been frozen the numbers from south have dropped right off i wonder if thats relevant ? whistling.gif

It also dosnt mean everyone is getting paid but it is certain some have been.

Try getting past the mantra only the other side pays people to attend. It isnt the case.

Good to see the poor people of Isaan are represented, especially one as dedicated to the cause as this lady

She also resisted the idea that the Northeast was the main base of the red shirts. "Today Isaan people have woken up and we do not believe our region is the hometown of the red shirts," she said.

A female government officer from Khon Kaen, she said she flew to Bangkok on Saturday and would return to her hometown Monday night.

Does the term "government officer" somehow indicate to you that she is part of the fabulously wealthy elite?

No, but her getting a flight from Khon Kaen to Bangkok return would cost around 3 to 3.5 thousand baht, not a lot of money to you or I but a fair bit more than the average poor people of Isaan would pay. They would probably choose the train or bus option hence my slightly sarcastic post. Now do you understand?