Protesters threaten to strengthen anti-govt movement

webfact

Snig27

With respect, please read my post again. I did not say it doesn't happen: the point I was trying to make is that the argument works both ways and is not sustainable by either side as a persuasive argument, because, if it is happening now from an anti-Thaksin perspective it is likely happening or about to happen from a pro-Thaksin perspective as well and, it most certainly happened back in 2010 and the process may well go back even further.

You see what is happening around you and I see what is happening around me. Assuming neither of us is lying we both may have accurate perceptions but they are opposite: the very point about 'negating' I was trying to make.

Okay, fair call and I get what you are saying now.

Meanwhile the women that are flocking to Suthep may wish to reflect on this:

http://uglytruththailand.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/more-sexually-abusive-language-from-suteps-mob/

I'm appalled.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a disturbing look at the PT. One of the candidates canvasing for election is challenged by a female. Instead of talking to her nicely, he speaks to her with a stern voice, very close to a thug. He then proceeds to intimidate by approaching her and getting in her face. But this lady, know what is at stake, won't back down. He then threatens to hit her and spits on her. Yeah, I think the PT are feeling the pressure. It will boil over soon. Looks like they have already begun to press the self-destruct button. This video shows it all. This is inexcusable action by anyone. Especially one that is running for a position. People don't change easy, and I think this thug in the video is showing his true nature. And for anyone still want to back this kind of strong arm government, you had been had. Their propaganda apparently got to your heads. Time for a reset.

Believe me, this will go viral quick.

You see what you want to see, her attitude isnt respectful either and she clearly wanted a confrontation by walking over to him blowing on her whistle and of course she got one. I see no spitting or hear threats, you can only hear her saying ow pai ow pai and she initially went towards him. In other words the woman instigated it and your playing her as the victim when in fact there isnt one. Just a minor confrontation brought on by the woman in the first place.

If that goes viral ill be very very surprised but then again you do love a drama over nothing here. wink.png

Why would anyone vote for such a 'thing' to represent part of your government. What a low down person..oh that's what PT represents!!

And that's how it works - to the deep confusion of many here - if you don't like the candidate you don't vote for them. I'm guessing too - given your "that's what PT represents" that you have solid proof that all PT members are like that or agree with this? If so, please post supporting evidence. Or did you just make it up?

I'm not going to say, based on http://uglytruththailand.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/more-sexually-abusive-language-from-suteps-mob/ that all Dems are sexually abusive but I guess you would based on that link?

• Like 2

Are they absolutely megaginormous tents which hold the hundreds of thousands of eager protestors we are assured are there, or are they just, well you know, big tents with some people in them?

post-18167-0-60990700-1389843708_thumb.j

Partially visible in this picture. They are big enough to span the width of Asoke, which is about 8 traffic lanes where they stand, and are longer than they are wide.

I'd say they are the maximum size for the amount of space there. A tent that holds hundreds of thousands would be bigger than Rajamangala Stadium and wouldn't fit at Asoke junction.

Shiok

Sorry but not sure what point you are making there? And for your information my sons and daughters are of this land.

Same here.

I have children here and don't want them to be living under the same regime that I saw back here in the late 80's when I first came. With the lack of computer and internet back then Journalists regualarly were killed if they dreamt of asking questions and the Elite just got on with the business of building up their wealth and grabbing land. Still unresolved cases here and the biggest of them all involved Suthep, but if the Bluesky set havn't read that yet.. they are not going to at this stage.

I usually leave news forums alone preferring to concentrate on my retirement and growing family, but this is the 5th such Coup I can recall (without thinking too much about it) and they all followed this pattern. Glad to see other concerned parents and grandparents dare I say, saying what needs to be said. Even if we have to put up with a slew of cretinous knee jerk posts being instantly trotted out following each post.

On a slighly positive note, this protest feels like there may be some thought on the part of some protesters and thats good for the future of democracy. Both sides now though should be honing their arguments, policies and adjendas instead of running around with silly clapper and drowning out any dissenting voices... both side there note!

Many of these snide posts are obviously years old and more of a habbit on the posters part. Thinks like Thaksinocracy, Phue Thai, Man In Dubai are obviously meant for the unthinking Suthep supporters. Granted some do post with passion, conviction and with some good points... but not many.

"said the group will strengthen its non-violent activities to cancel the snap poll"

Non-violent my butt. They are the most violent anti-government group. 45 years old dropouts, drug popping, southern thugs calling themselves students.

Do you have any facts to support this because I think you are just regurgitation a bunch of lies for the sake of posting something.

Thait Spot,

You are taking the pi-ss right?,,, If you want the facts just take a look at the news...

Nowhereman60 is right on the money

• Like 1

Shiok

Sorry but not sure what point you are making there? And for your information my sons and daughters are of this land.

Same here.

I have children here and don't want them to be living under the same regime that I saw back here in the late 80's when I first came. With the lack of computer and internet back then Journalists regualarly were killed if they dreamt of asking questions and the Elite just got on with the business of building up their wealth and grabbing land. Still unresolved cases here and the biggest of them all involved Suthep, but if the Bluesky set havn't read that yet.. they are not going to at this stage.

I usually leave news forums alone preferring to concentrate on my retirement and growing family, but this is the 5th such Coup I can recall (without thinking too much about it) and they all followed this pattern. Glad to see other concerned parents and grandparents dare I say, saying what needs to be said. Even if we have to put up with a slew of cretinous knee jerk posts being instantly trotted out following each post.

On a slighly positive note, this protest feels like there may be some thought on the part of some protesters and thats good for the future of democracy. Both sides now though should be honing their arguments, policies and adjendas instead of running around with silly clapper and drowning out any dissenting voices... both side there note!

Many of these snide posts are obviously years old and more of a habbit on the posters part. Thinks like Thaksinocracy, Phue Thai, Man In Dubai are obviously meant for the unthinking Suthep supporters. Granted some do post with passion, conviction and with some good points... but not many.

Why anybody has any illusions about the Thaksin regime beats me. Another sucker for populism one guesses.

xBd--45gCUAIFSxD.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CBrB6m

Certainly looks like they need to strengthen the protests!

Of course a camera never lies, but it also sees only what the photographer wants you to see.

Missing from this picture, further down Asoke Road and just to the lower right of this image - neatly cropped out by the photographer - are two large tents in the middle of the street where the protestors take shelter from the sun. These tents are always full.

Always happy to oblige

post-143305-0-71980800-1389853782_thumb.

• Like 2

Of course a camera never lies, but it also sees only what the photographer wants you to see.

Missing from this picture, further down Asoke Road and just to the lower right of this image - neatly cropped out by the photographer - are two large tents in the middle of the street where the protestors take shelter from the sun. These tents are always full.

Always happy to oblige

attachicon.gifphoto (37).jpg

The irony being these empty protest sites are soon to be filled with what were PTP's core supporters.

Always happy to oblige

The irony being these empty protest sites are soon to be filled with what were PTP's core supporters.

You reckon? I guess you have information the rest of us lack. However, if you are right and the many PT voters are flocking to the divine one I guess the best way to find out is an election. Happily we have one on the horizon so we will so be able to see if there is substance in the information you are privy to.

One does wonder though why the numbers in these sites have dropped so dramatically if the PTP core supporters have switched sides?

Edited by Snig27

Snig27

With respect, please read my post again. I did not say it doesn't happen: the point I was trying to make is that the argument works both ways and is not sustainable by either side as a persuasive argument, because, if it is happening now from an anti-Thaksin perspective it is likely happening or about to happen from a pro-Thaksin perspective as well and, it most certainly happened back in 2010 and the process may well go back even further.

You see what is happening around you and I see what is happening around me. Assuming neither of us is lying we both may have accurate perceptions but they are opposite: the very point about 'negating' I was trying to make.

http://uglytruththailand.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/more-sexually-abusive-language-from-suteps-mob/

I'm appalled.

My wife told me about this yesterday, and I'm disgusted also, This is the caliber of so-called good people that Suthep want's on his peoples council...

But what has amazed me is that this has not been put on the foreign news stations, or Thai ones, (as far as I know), WHY NOT??? and first time here on TV.

I wonder what Mark thinks of this and still supports Suthep and his buddy's or will he just as publicly denounce the disgusting behavior, Obviously Suthep very much supports this kind of thing as he has also not denounced it...

There is also apparent link to a missing 400,000 baht from a hospital and a certain doctor unconfirmed at the moment.

Always happy to oblige

Thanks Gweiloman, you answered my question from post 60,, they are quite big tents with some people in them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Snig27

I'm appalled.

It is quite astonishing isn't it. A senior medical professor making a speech, egged on apparently by his peers, suggesting that the Prime Minister starts nude modelling before it's too late, and offering to give her surgery to restore her virginity!

If the caretaker government is reelected I wonder if he will have to answer for his words.If that's his take on medical ethics I wouldn't allow him to give my daughter's puppy a vaccination!

Snig27

I'm appalled.

It is quite astonishing isn't it. A senior medical professor making a speech, egged on apparently by his peers, suggesting that the Prime Minister starts nude modelling before it's too late, and offering to give her surgery to restore her virginity!

If the caretaker government is reelected I wonder if he will have to answer for his words.If that's his take on medical ethics I wouldn't allow him to give my daughter's puppy a vaccination!

There was a matured lady (40's?) on stage last night and apparently, she said some very bad things about YL too, including some pretty bad name calling. My girl refused to tell me the word she used other than to say that it was totally inappropriate, especially considering that we are so close to Soi Cowboi (I gathered that it must have been something to the extent of liking YL to the working girls on soi cowboy).

Did anyone hear that speech and if so, what was the word used?

Shiok

Same here.

Why anybody has any illusions about the Thaksin regime beats me. Another sucker for populism one guesses.

Yet another meaningless post attached to a considered opinion. Seems to the the tactic this time. Post something... however stupid and irrelevant.

I never mentioned Thaksin. You must dream about him every night to be so obsessed.

I do love these post though as they demonstrate fully the weakness of the argument put forward for Suthep and it's all there in one sentence... Paranoia, frustration, the knee jerk and the insult. There i no argument these days, just endless posts with tired cliched names made up for parties and people and Bluesky regurgitated propaganda. Werent' they down to sending their thugs after whistle sellers today? Hillarious and again, it says so much about Bluesky and the people involved with them

Nice post for somebody so ill informed, you managed to say so much about yourself

Shiok

Same here.

Yet another meaningless post attached to a considered opinion. Seems to the the tactic this time. Post something... however stupid and irrelevant.

I never mentioned Thaksin. You must dream about him every night to be so obsessed.

I do love these post though as they demonstrate fully the weakness of the argument put forward for Suthep and it's all there in one sentence... Paranoia, frustration, the knee jerk and the insult. There i no argument these days, just endless posts with tired cliched names made up for parties and people and Bluesky regurgitated propaganda. Werent' they down to sending their thugs after whistle sellers today? Hillarious and again, it says so much about Bluesky and the people involved with them

Nice post for somebody so ill informed, you managed to say so much about yourself

The late 80's indeed had lack of computer and internet. Mind you internet only really got started late 90's and computer were unaffordable for lots of people worldwide at that time.

I remember the 90's here with an AIS phone costing 40,000 Baht, thanks to Shin monopoly. In the 2000's journalists were still killed or got charged with libel and threats of suing for billions of Baht. Thaksin was good at that. He had this small stick with a cross on it, to indicate 'inappropriate question'.

No, I wont' saw you manage to say so much about yourself with your post, but may I suggest you read up on somethings ?

• Like 1

SNIG27 wrote:

oh, students fighting against democracy in order to open the door for the generals....bizarre twist on the usual pattern

Quite - I'm old enough to remember the student rebellions of 1968 in Europe, the anti-war movements across the world in 65-73, the civil rights protests and marches in the US, Thai student protests of the 70s and so on. They all fought for a better world. Here we have so called students battling to make Thailand less free, to revert it to a 'democracy' akin to the heinous way US southern states limited (and in a way some still do) the rights of some of the nation's citizens.

Thailand has a terrible rating in the global education standings - if these are actually students (and the jury is well and truly out on that) it speaks volumes about the shitty state of Thai educational institutions. The words these idiots are uttering are mindbendingly stupid at times.

Fighting for a better world: only the reds? Now you show me the person, who claims to fight for a worse world. Everybody wants to see things go better, the way to get there differs, mind you...

And the only protest to compare with todays protesters are Thai protests of the past. European or US protest situations don't count, these people have a different cultural and political minset, which makes them incomparable.

Thailands terrible rating in global education standings? Falls back on Taksin and his cronies: In the years he was in power he had no need to compromise with other parties, so he could implement his policies easily. Now what did change in education in all those years?

Thaksin increased the spending on education in Thailand outside BKK by some 300% so I'm not sure quite what you mean?

Shiok

what I meant is if you read these forums you'll find the proof you refer to and Snig27 has replied to it too. The proofs are bright as the sun.

I don't know my friend, maybe you live in a dark place or should take you shades off. Not seen any proof here - please show me if.......no, no NO: my post was designed (wishful thinking obviously) to end the trolling and flaming on the issue of payments not start another one. Troll on buddy.

The so called People's Revolution is over guys and gals. The music from the bars on Soi Cowboy (such as Country Roads etc) are drowning out the speeches on the stage. Hold on, speeches on stage? There are none. No one's on the stage anymore, no one's listening anymore. Life is back to normal - except that I still can't get my car out as the huge tent is taking up most of the road.

There are no more protesters - at least in Asoke anyways. Bangkokians (or at least Asokians) have seen the light of day.

Thaksin increased the spending on education in Thailand outside BKK by some 300% so I'm not sure quite what you mean?

Well that is a nice gesture. And do you have any number of how much it actually got to the kids? Would be interesting to follow the money trail. This is their M.O. Exploit innocent victims to commit their crimes. I am Sure majority of the money never reached the kids.