Batteries

Cloggie

Hope this is the right forum.

I bought a nice remote control car for my son but of course the rechargeable batteries are very, very bad - they only work for about 4 minutes before they are 'empty' :-(

Somebody know where I can buy a GOOD battery pack, it looks like I need 8 batteries - 1.2V

Thanks.

post-83687-0-22640800-1389760874_thumb.j

Edited by Cloggie

Amorn have a good selection of cells which you (or they) could make up into a suitable pack. Pretty good chance that you can get higher capacity cells in the same form factor too.

Take the existing pack with you.

If you have a fast-charger, two or three packs will keep you operating continuously smile.png

EDIT If you want to spend a bit more then getting LiPo batteries of the same voltage would also be an option to increase capacity significantly, but they are not cheap and you'll need to get the correct charger too.

Crossy - thanks for the info.

Unfortunately there is no Amorn in my province so that is not an option at the moment.

Found out on Internet that it is better to buy LiPo batteries and charger - as you suggested - but it looks like now that the batteries and charger will cost more than the RC car :-(