Pheu Thai Party leader Jarupong cries foul as power, water cut at his home

webfact

" Mr Jarupong commented that water and electricity are basic needs to lead a normal life. "

It might be opportune to educate Mr. Jarupong that many of the people who regularly vote for Pheu Thai in this country do not having running water or electricity.

Many? Which part of deepest, darkest Isaan do you live in?

You don't have to be in issan to not have adequate electricity.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Our home in Issan has electricity but 8 houses down there are 4 homes that has no electricity

why ?

when the made the new road they changed its direction

now there homes are to far away from the new electricity line and they have no money to pay for the extension

while ministers say only I have basic rights

and you want us to feel sorry for this man

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Human rights? How about the many who have lost their jobs due to Red Street Party in 2010? People who are barred from entering their own streets , never mind their homes, by the so-called guards, who were actually unlicensed thugs. What rights did you have back then, and who were you lot to impose yourselves upon others? While we are at it, let's not forget about the bonfire you guys started. And speaking of which, what about the scores of people who developed respiratory problems after inhaling smoke from your burning tyres? You PTP lot are the last in line to speak up when it comes to human rights or anything loosely related to it. In fact, you guys should be at the receiving end and then some, to learn what 'basic human rights' means. And I'm not saying that the current wave of street warriors are heaven-sent either! While I'm on it, and in my opinion, the so-called elites and hi-sos are just as crappy and divisive as the person they hate - Thaksin. My point is this - get a life, grow up and stop calling/accusing each other when you yourself aren't exactly in the clear, to start with

• Like 1

Human rights? How about the many who have lost their jobs due to Red Street Party in 2010? People who are barred from entering their own streets , never mind their homes, by the so-called guards, who were actually unlicensed thugs. What rights did you have back then, and who were you lot to impose yourselves upon others? While we are at it, let's not forget about the bonfire you guys started. And speaking of which, what about the scores of people who developed respiratory problems after inhaling smoke from your burning tyres? You PTP lot are the last in line to speak up when it comes to human rights or anything loosely related to it. In fact, you guys should be at the receiving end and then some, to learn what 'basic human rights' means. And I'm not saying that the current wave of street warriors are heaven-sent either! While I'm on it, and in my opinion, the so-called elites and hi-sos are just as crappy and divisive as the person they hate - Thaksin. My point is this - get a life, grow up and stop calling/accusing each other when you yourself aren't exactly in the clear, to start with

Well you must be because that is exactly what you sound like.

Jarupong cries foul as power, water cut at home

By English News

13897795511218.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 15 - Pheu Thai Party leader/caretaker Interior Minister Jarupong Ruangsuwan urged human rights agencies to protect his basic rights after electricity and water supply at his residence were cut by protesters.

Anti-government demonstrators of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) today cut the water and electricity lines at Mr Jarupong's residence on Soi Lat Phrao 19.

Mr Jarupong commented that water and electricity are basic needs to lead a normal life. He said it's up to the public if they are fine with the fact that the PDRC shut all the basic facilities, create protests and block roads.

The caretaker minister asked if human rights organisations have awakened to protect the basic rights of the people to have water and electricity.

Mr Jarupong said he had sent his representative to lodge a complaint against the culprits.

"It's alright. They cut it. We can fix it. This way, the country will go to a dark path and reach no solution. But if the cutting of electricity and water will bring about a general election, I have no problem with it," the caretaker minister said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-01-15

What's 'foul' is his boss hiding in Dubai, Tokyo etc !!!

Yep suthep and his band of thugs at work doing what they know best to do. They dont know how to run democracy but they they sure can ruin thailand.

Thailand is already ruined high speed by TS and family , now it's what's left of it ?

Mr Jarupong commented that water and electricity are basic needs to lead a normal life.

I wonder how many people in Thailand don't even have that. And no option to go to a fancy hotel....

and how many (almost all) have power and water cut off frequently. I know for me it's an expected occurrence. I think that power has gone out 4 times already this year. Edge of muang chiangmai, hardly the sticks. Just an expected part of life here. However, it does suck not having power and/or water so I do have sympathy, however not too much.

'Sympathy?'

• Like 1

But why should have have to move out of his home? You wouldn't be happy if this happened to your family home! Basic human right!! Respect it. Im on no colours but its out of order, my business is a mess because people think they can do what the hell he want! This should be fought out in the thai house of parliament and not out on the streets like a bunch of cave mens!!!! Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

They tried that already but PT ignored everyone else and just did whatever the hell they wanted regardless of the law. Then when the courts said 'NO you can't do that' they tried to intimidate the judges and make them quit their jobs. PT think they have a right to do whatever they please and they are above the law. Many examples, one of which issuing a new diplomatic passport to a convicted criminal on the run. Nuff said !

Yep suthep and his band of thugs at work doing what they know best to do. They dont know how to run democracy but they they sure can ruin thailand.

Or the truth is they showing the red shirt how to do what did with less violence

You for get the Red Shirt and PTP wrote the instruction book

still trying to find that bar where the PTP is giving free drinks to TV Members

Assimulate Assimulate all Farlang says Taksin

BULLY,SCHOOLYARD%20BULLY,BULLIES.jpg

Human Rights !!!!!

Let's see.

Missing prominent Muslim Lawyers who was defending clients against a Thaksin government.

The Drugs war massacre victims.

The Muslim victims at Tak Bai

That's just a sample of those we actually know about.

Well I can only presume that the P.T.P party leader would indeed subscribe to the belief that Pol Pot was just misunderstood as was Mao Tse Tung, Joe Stalin etc etc.

The expression ''Hypocrite'' springs to mind along with a picture of the old school bully too

Ditto Ditto Ditto

'Pheu Thai Party leader/caretaker Interior Minister Jarupong Ruangsuwan urged human rights agencies to protect his basic rights after electricity and water supply at his residence were cut by protesters.'

Strangely ironic request from a Thai politician. Equally, the PDRC, as with the red and the yellow shirts, are exceeding their mandate to rightful protest.

Soooooo...I get this right: most of you are okay, with cutting of electricity and water?

Why?

Let me guess: because the red shirts burnt down Central World in 2010...that's why!

The rules are out of the window!

Mr Jarupong commented that water and electricity are basic needs to lead a normal life.

I wonder how many people in Thailand don't even have that. And no option to go to a fancy hotel....

Indeed, oh the irony is many of the bribed supporters are in this same boat.

Soooooo...I get this right: most of you are okay, with cutting of electricity and water?

Why?

Let me guess: because the red shirts burnt down Central World in 2010...that's why!

Many of us living in rural Thailand are quite used to being without electricity and water on a regular basis but we don't whine about it. Also most of us don't have second or 3rd houses either.

• Like 2

Why?

Many of us living in rural Thailand are quite used to being without electricity and water on a regular basis but we don't whine about it. Also most of us don't have second or 3rd houses either.

But it's not someone making that choice for you..without regard for the welfare of your family. very different

Why?

Oh, I get it!

That surely makes it okay!

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Why?

But it's not someone making that choice for you..without regard for the welfare of your family. very different

Wrong once again.

The water comes from the Mae Wong national park which runs out most years but 5 km away the water comes from a reservoir 15 km and never runs out. Why not run the pipe from there instead? Answer, money.

The electricity fais out here on a regular basis because the EGAT will up grade the infrastructure despite a 60% increase in houses over a 10 year period.

No Thais around here have second or 3rd houses that they can live in elswhere. Nobody even has backup generators and very few have wells that they can draw on and I suspect that is applicable in most of rural Thailand. Nobody around here are rich politicians who live in luxury in Bangkok.

Edited by billd766