Thai hatred

Kangawallafox

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only say that as individuals we all have a different opinion .

Personally I do not have any anger , I do monitor posts and comments .

I , throughout my viewing have not seen , read , nor had the feeling that there is a degradation towards the wife of any man .

I cannot say that this has not been the case as you have said , just that I have not encountered it here .

I will look for more information , maybe I have missed something ,

Regards , Goompa

• Like 2

"What is causing the anger." ... I'm not angry.

"Thais are individuals" ... so are the members here.

"It seems odd to me that people, would choose to live in a place that causes them to post comments that degrade usually all thai woman, sometimes all thai people," ... so you are saying ... if you don't like it, go home.

Absolutely not, however it's strange that people remain in a place that causes them such feelings, but no I would never tell people to go home,lol.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM, how dare you speak Above is a quote from another thread, another stated if you want love get a dog as you will not get it from a thai. These are not uncommon, and certainly prove my point in no uncertain terms. I have seen my share of shady characters in Thailand however it's disappointing to see the majority get judged by the minority, even if the minority is out in force and large in number. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You wrote, "If you want love get a dog as you will not get if from a Thai?" Boy your true colors came out early in this thread. What happened to you to make you so bitter towards Thailand?

• Like 1

I know what you mean. Why I remember reading a thread about a guy who accused all Thais of having no shame or morals because they overcharged him 5 baht on a cup of coffee. Imagine confusing a 5 baht overcharge with shame and morals and worse applying his judgement to all Thai people because of his experience.

I don't know what to say.

I don't know what makes Farang so bitter. Especially over 5 baht.

If you read it correctly, and be honest here without twisting things to suit your argument, I was referring to one vendor not one nation and you know that so let's keep it honest please.

There was also no mention of five bht either, another untruth.

• Like 1

Funny threads from the OP, as you might remember he is the one who started other threads like:

_No shame,no morals. _Farang door mats

your rant are taken by others like thai bashing as you take others's words like hate...

• Like 2

I know what you mean. Why I remember reading a thread about a guy who accused all Thais of having no shame or morals because they overcharged him 5 baht on a cup of coffee. Imagine confusing a 5 baht overcharge with shame and morals and worse applying his judgement to all Thai people because of his experience.

If you read it correctly, and be honest here without twisting things to suit your argument, I was referring to one vendor not one nation and you know that so let's keep it honest please.

Your OP said, "No Shame no Morals." Not no shame no morals of one coffee vendor. If it wasn't 5 baht how much was it?

Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM, how dare you speak Above is a quote from another thread, another stated if you want love get a dog as you will not get it from a thai. These are not uncommon, and certainly prove my point in no uncertain terms. I have seen my share of shady characters in Thailand however it's disappointing to see the majority get judged by the minority, even if the minority is out in force and large in number. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You wrote, "If you want love get a dog as you will not get if from a Thai?" Boy your true colors came out early in this thread. What happened to you to make you so bitter towards Thailand?

Hang on a minute and read it again, I quoted someone else, I'm the one saying the dog comment is disgusting.

Please read the posts properly so as not to make accusations, I'm sure it was not deliberate but that can be harmful, I don't want people thinking I said that.

• Like 2

Your OP said, "No Shame no Morals." Not no shame no morals of one coffee vendor. If it wasn't 5 baht how much was it?

It's a story about a vendor yes, not about a nations people.

Was clearly pointed out numerous times it was not a money issue but an issue of honesty.

• Like 1

Thailand is a third world country

I apologise for taking out the rest of your post Sir ,

I have seen you in a different light before , and read your posts with enthusiasm , I really don't believe you are saying these things .

Hang on a minute and read it again, I quoted someone else, I'm the one saying the dog comment is disgusting.

Please read the posts properly so as not to make accusations, I'm sure it was not deliberate but that can be harmful, I don't want people thinking I said that.

So did you write, " Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM."

Funny threads from the OP, as you might remember he is the one who started other threads like: _No shame,no morals. _Farang door mats

your rant are taken by others like thai bashing as you take others's words like hate...

True they could be perceived in such a way, particularly here where so many assume things.

I always speak of individuals in individual incidents, never as a whole, some days a positive story if you look back, sometimes a negative.

The positive stories as expected received little response and were quickly forgotten, the two negative stories stuck hence the reason you may believe I only post in the negative.

So did you write, " Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM."

Under it I wrote this is a quote from another thread, I was quoting another poster and his negativity, so no I did not write it, you know it's in the current running thai wife thread in general posts by another poster, you know I wrote quote underneath.

Under it I wrote this is a quote from another thread, I was quoting another poster and his negativity, so no I did not write it, you know it's in the current running thai wife thread in general posts by another poster, you know I wrote quote underneath.

So when referring to the above did you write, "These are not uncommon, and certainly prove my point in no uncertain terms."

Yeah, OP, you need to learn how to use quotation marks- "like these"- otherwise people are going to obviously mis-read your posts as it's not always clear what you're quoting and what your opinion is.

Bs, it's very clear.

• Like 1

So when referring to the above did you write, "These are not uncommon, and certainly prove my point in no uncertain terms."

I have edited now and put them in brackets because you need to be guided through the posts obviously.

It proves my point that people are negative to thai people a little to often as a whole, and not treated as individuals.

Is that clear enough as everyone other then you is keeping up.

You really need to learn how to use Thai Visa when posting.

• Like 1

No K it's not clear.

I was (still am) under the impression that you are a Thai-basher.

IMO you are judging Thais and their culture based on a very limited "my culture's standards are the one true way" mentality rather than being accepting of differences.

Live and let live, learn how to adapt yourself to them while you are here, stop trying to fit what you perceive into your back-home brainwashing.

Your posting this OP just makes me think "we (try to) teach what we most need to learn".

-------------

And yes, learn how to use the forum markup to clean up the quotes, how to mark other people's words to differentieate them from your own etc.

It's not up to the reader to figure out what you mean, it's your responsibility to try to make that clearn

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

clap2.gif no its no clear at all!

bravo you turned the usual hot topic (that come back quite often) into a farcical one( look at your post #22)

and by the way as i said, its the SUM of the daily small rant from everyone (about the bad news, the scams, murders, stupidity etc etc the list is so long) that give this overwhelming feeling of hate... when its just a tiny rant from different members.

No K it's not clear.

IMO you are judging Thais and their culture based on a very limited "my culture's standards are the one true way" mentality rather than being accepting of differences.

Live and let live, learn how to adapt yourself to them while you are here, stop trying to fit what you perceive into your back-home brainwashing.

Your posting this OP just makes me think "we (try to) teach what we most need to learn".

-------------

And yes, learn how to use the forum markup to clean up the quotes, how to mark other people's words to differentieate them from your own etc.

It's not up to the reader to figure out what you mean, it's your responsibility to try to make that clearn

Are you ok, I'm defending thai people in this thread.

Oh lord it's amazing here on tv, hilarious.

(Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM, how dare you speak) Above is a quote from another thread, (another stated if you want love get a dog as you will not get it from a thai). These comments in brackets are not uncommon, and certainly prove my point as to people's negative feelings in no uncertain terms. I have seen my share of shady characters in Thailand however it's disappointing to see the majority get judged by the minority, even if the minority is out in force and large in number. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I think, as is often the case, the denigrators are the most vocal (as my mum would put it, "empty vessels make most noise"). Also people tend to be more outspoken and extreme on forums than they are in real life. Derogatory remarks are made in jest sometimes, in sarcasm in others - perhaps in a way that would not be acceptable in out PC policed home countries. Then of course there are the trolls and pot stirrers. However, I guess the majority of this vocal group are just bitter - and like to share their pain / shame / embarrassment by making it look like its the norm rather than just something they walked into personally.

Trolls are quite common here (just look at any political thread - especially currently!) as on any forum. Its easy to set up free online email accounts and then to sign up multiple times - then banning is no punishment. An example: In a thread a while back about Thais going overseas to work, I posted about my sister-in-law who (back then) every year went out to Finland picking blueberries where she could earn more in a month than she did in six months running her business here in Thailand. Two trolls, immediately bounced back and forth having fun at her(my) expense stating matter of factly that she must be a prostitute. A good thread was abandoned by all - it took a while for them to be banned too (even though I hit the report buttons). Some people just take sport in riling others up.

Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly.

It proves my point that people are negative to thai people a little to often as a whole, and not treated as individuals.

Is that clear enough as everyone other then you is keeping up.

No, it proves the point that you are "negative to Thai people a little to often as a whole, and not treated as individuals."

OH ... BTW, don't worry ... we are all keeping up ... thanks for asking though.

• Like 1

No K it's not clear.

-------------

Are you ok, I'm defending thai people in this thread.

Oh lord it's amazing here on tv, hilarious.

Start a ridiculous thread, get ridiculous replies.

I don't see much "Thai bashing" here on thaivisa. I see a lot of ultra-sensitive people like you who can't accept a plurality of opinion. And what goes around comes around so you yourself get accused of being a "Thai basher". If you see something you disagree with just get stuck in like everyone else instead of worrying about whether a certain person is a "Thai basher" and what their reasons for being here are.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 2

Well now that you understand it, simple as it was, comment on it now.

The negativity here proves my point further.

I'm tired of reading about all thai woman see you as an ATM, all thai woman are greedy, all thai people are dishonest, thai women cannot converse blah blah blah.

It's crap, disgusting generalisations made day in and day out, and it's untrue.

All thai people are individuals, anyone new to tv who had never been to Thailand would have pretty negative view on the place after seeing some nasty posts aimed at Thais as a whole here.

• Like 1