Thai hatred

Kangawallafox

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people may think this thread is aimed at tv members in general, I can assure you it's not so don't take it personally. It is what it is, an attack only on those who negatively judge all thai people, those who assume they are all the same, nothing more. So don't think hey, who is this prick attacking, just a minority of nasty people who write sometimes all Thais are this or that, if this is not you don't take it personal. One would think people who like Thais would agree. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why don't you give us all some specific examples of these "nasty people" who write that "all Thais are this or that".

I did already.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

No you didn't, you've just given your own opinion. Why don't you post some specific quotes from specific threads so we can judge whether these really are "nasty people" or if you've just misunderstood them.

Not my opinions, copied and pasted, so that is not an opinion is it.

Read through the my wife does not listen thread, it's easy to find it's been on top of general for hours, if you can't find negative bs aimed at thai people there your not looking.

Edited by Kangawallafox

Parmo2 wrote the following

"Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM, how dare you speak."

Pretty straight forward also.

A few more:

I've lived all over Asia and it's a trait in every country, even among supposedly 'educated' and 'sophisticated' people. Just like the horrible grunt they spit out rather than say 'pardon', 'excuse me' or 'say again please'. It irriitates the hell out of me, even after 30 years, so I look away and count to 10 and show my contempt, then they know I've stopped listening to them, it works most of the time.

As I have said many times, "Thai people are friendly but not polite."

You are the wallet and the sperm donor; don't get in their way. Speaking from 30 odd years of experience in a Thai family.

this is something Thai do all the time...put it down to ignrance...or just plain thick

Even wym who is complaining here wrote that thai woman will listen if you talk about gold. Is that not a generalisation. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Driving home the point that people pay more attention to stuff that is of interest to them.

If you talk about buying me gold you'll have my full attention believe me.

• Like 1

Even wym who is complaining here wrote that thai woman will listen if you talk about gold. Is that not a generalisation. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Driving home the point that people pay more attention to stuff that is of interest to them.

If you talk about buying me gold you'll have my full attention believe me.

Fair enough,honesty I respect.

Think about it seriously for a moment, think about all the non thai people you know.

They do exactly the same stuff as thai people, exactly, all they do is talk about money and things however because they are not thai it's not noticed.

In every way there are good and bad in thai and farang, all individuals yet all people in that they are no different then us.

Another little case study, this time featuring me as the guilty party:

I'm sitting here shaking my head at the guys who are advising against trusting a Thai wife to make a decision that involves less than 10,000 baht. Yet these are the same women who will some day be making decisions about your life and responsible for your care when you're diagnosed with cancer, disabled by a stroke, dementia, etc. Do you trust them to manage your finances, maintain your visa, run your household, obtain the best medical care possible for you? Ever thought about the responsibility the little woman will have to assume on your behalf guys? Especially if there's a big age difference between you and your Thai wife?

The day I need to depend on a Thai to run my life - just put me down, please.

Big difference between choosing a bed mate and an elder caretaker.

Choose the right professional to suit the job.

In this case I should have written "the kind of Thai girl I'd choose as a SO"

Someone could interpret what I wrote to mean all Thais are not trustworthy, but I'd hope from the context an intelligent reader would get the gist.

Nobody is perfect...we are human not machines & therefore we are flawed. Everyone makes mistakes some more than others.

I've met alot of Thai people & my opinion of them is very positive, much more so than us angry brits.

I'm sorry to hear your social life in the UK was such a failure.

I'm truly blessed to have such concern for my social life from you.

Another little case study, this time featuring me as the guilty party:
I'm sitting here shaking my head at the guys who are advising against trusting a Thai wife to make a decision that involves less than 10,000 baht. Yet these are the same women who will some day be making decisions about your life and responsible for your care when you're diagnosed with cancer, disabled by a stroke, dementia, etc. Do you trust them to manage your finances, maintain your visa, run your household, obtain the best medical care possible for you? Ever thought about the responsibility the little woman will have to assume on your behalf guys? Especially if there's a big age difference between you and your Thai wife?
The day I need to depend on a Thai to run my life - just put me down, please. Big difference between choosing a bed mate and an elder caretaker. Choose the right professional to suit the job.
In this case I should have written "the kind of Thai girl I'd choose as a SO"Someone could interpret what I wrote to mean all Thais are not trustworthy, but I'd hope from the context an intelligent reader would get the gist.
You picked it out to quote as an eg not me.So you must know it looks a little bad right, however others are quite clearly insulting yes.Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My point is "who cares, lighten up you'll live longer".

Some people are hater idjits, let them be what they are.

Others are simply using shorthand over-generalizations to make their point, if you read between the lines (necessary in a non-free-speech medium) and cut them some slack you can get the gist of their meaning - and often learn something.

To be truly fair and accurate in every post would be very tedious to write - and read.

The point of this forum is to entertain as well as educate - and of course sell advertising space.

Edited by wym

All I see from your examples is people talking about their personal experiences, not making generalisations about all Thai people. Sharing personal experiences is a good thing. Some people have good experiences and others bad. Would you prefer people lied and pretended that everything was rosy? Or just suffered in silence? Sharing bad experiences allows people to get things off their chest and helps others be more aware of the pitfalls in living here. If it upsets you so much, just don't come here.

If it was their personal experiences they are sharing they would not write thai people, they would write thai person.

You never really read the examples did you, be honest you just scrolled through them didn't you, then typed something about personal experiences, they were not even talking about experiences.

You really are not even sure what's going on here are you.

If I'm upsetting you boss, how about you don't come here, take your own arrogant advice.

My point is "who cares, lighten up you'll live longer".

Some people are hater idjits, let them be what they are.

Others are simply using shorthand over-generalizations to make their point, if you read between the lines (necessary in a non-free-speech medium) and cut them some slack you can get the gist of their meaning - and often learn something.

To be truly fair and accurate in every post would be very tedious to write - and read.

The point of this forum is to entertain as well as educate - and of course sell advertising space.

Your so damn write, however I don't see it happening, I see most people studying posts for a chance to bite either thai people, tv members private lives, or each other in an attempt to feel better then others, it's a problem.

Funny threads from the OP, as you might remember he is the one who started other threads like: _No shame,no morals. _Farang door mats

your rant are taken by others like thai bashing as you take others's words like hate...

True they could be perceived in such a way, particularly here where so many assume things.

I always speak of individuals in individual incidents, never as a whole, some days a positive story if you look back, sometimes a negative.

The positive stories as expected received little response and were quickly forgotten, the two negative stories stuck hence the reason you may believe I only post in the negative.

You create an OP purely with the intention of taking the moral high ground,when in reality it's a wind up,thinly disguised,controversial, and normally called a Troll Post!

• Like 1

Your so dam_n write, however I don't see it happening, I see most people studying posts for a chance to bite either thai people, tv members private lives, or each other in an attempt to feel better then others, it's a problem.

But it's your problem, just let it go.

Whining about it, trying to fix TV's culture just as with Thai culture, this is reality as it presents itself - doesn't do anyone any good.

Let the moderators do their job, most of us feel - whoops not allowed to comment on that are we?

Ok I'll confess I typically paint a few characters with the same broad stroke of a brush and I am sure there are some really nice honest people in the groups I slagg having said that I believe it would be best to simply avoid them than try to find the good apples. Thai beach boys, bar girls, lady boys, too name a few.

Funny threads from the OP, as you might remember he is the one who started other threads like: _No shame,no morals. _Farang door mats

your rant are taken by others like thai bashing as you take others's words like hate...

True they could be perceived in such a way, particularly here where so many assume things.

I always speak of individuals in individual incidents, never as a whole, some days a positive story if you look back, sometimes a negative.

The positive stories as expected received little response and were quickly forgotten, the two negative stories stuck hence the reason you may believe I only post in the negative.

just remember some of us married thai ladies that we met with their families in the village, when the area that is now pattaya was only a minute fishing village, and there was only one road on Phuket which lead to Phuket town and the only hotel on the island,for centuries many soldiers have brought home wives from faraway places,does that make them all money grabbers or harlots in your opinion!!my thai fatherinlaw was a puyaibaan and entrepreneur,he was far richer than my own family in UK, don't judge everyone like you judge some of the people you have met!

From the OP ...

After reading many threads it appears many posters have what could only be described as hatred for thai people in general

I think people may think this thread is aimed at tv members in general,

... just a minority of nasty people who write sometimes

So, is it ...

A/ many posters

B/ tv members in general

C/ a minority of nasty people who write sometimes

D/ another option which you will post in the future to suit your argument?

Kangawallafox ... if you come to Thai Visa and start slinging Mud around, you will find that some will come back to you.

You write like the guy who only reads the headlines on the front page of the newspaper.

When you read that, the newspaper headlines, the end of the world is nigh ... Hell is cometh to you in a hand basket.

The silent majority, tolerate, like or love Thailand, the silent majority, tolerate, like or love their Thailand partner ... you are an ignoramus not to understand that.

Your posts say more about you then us.

• Like 1

The most virulent anti Thai westerners Ive encountered are such socially inadequate individuals themselves with a truck full of issues that crossing the street to avoid them seems the sensible option.

• Like 1

Thai culture is very, VERY different from many other countries are so different from farang cultures that it the lack of understanding in both directions that seems to lead to frustration.

• Like 1