Many Thais believe after we die we come back.

quiuvo

Let's pretend or otherwise that we do have another life after this and we get to chose it, what would you want to come back as?

I would want to be an eagle.

Be careful what you wish for, some chines proverb deal with similarities. think about it with all the consequences you have now known from your life experience !

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The highest goal is to not have to come "back" at all but to enjoy the profound peace of mind of dwelling within the Supreme Being free of desire, aversion, and delusion forever.

Until I've reached that point, I'd like to be reborn in the body of a gorgeous multi-racial girl living in New York City, but only cycling from 16 to 21 forever, and retaining at least as much knowledge and ?wisdom? that I've acquired so far.

• Like 2

blended yeller and red ,they come back each dawn shoeless.I keep telling them I do not wish to return as evaporated milk but they are a great ad for reincarnationlaugh.png

I told my wife to hise from the ghost by the jontee house,funnily themother-in -law prefers her spirits in form of $ worh of yadong,never seen her since sent EMS to Dubai.cheesy.gif

OP say that let's pretend we can do great stuff in the universe and that one is to come back as what ever you want to be! An ant? Bird, snake, Thaksin, Washington , king Henry the V, got the hang of it? Kennedy got killed in his prime.... Great singers died before 50!

OP say that let's pretend we can do great stuff in the universe and that one is to come back as what ever you want to be! An ant? Bird, snake, Thaksin, Washington , king Henry the V, got the hang of it? Kennedy got killed in his prime.... Great singers died before 50!

The OP said, "Many Thais believe." They don't believe we have a choice.

So the OP is not Thai related. It should be changed to, "Lets Pretend."

The highest goal is to not have to come "back" at all but to enjoy the profound peace of mind of dwelling within the Supreme Being free of desire, aversion, and delusion forever.

Until I've reached that point, I'd like to be reborn in the body of a gorgeous multi-racial girl living in New York City, but only cycling from 16 to 21 forever, and retaining at least as much knowledge and ?wisdom? that I've acquired so far.

You need to be more specific, your gorgeous body may be strapped to a quadriplegic chair. Think more..

You start a new posting about what they believe please. I'm pretending that if I had a choice I would want to come back as X.

blended yeller and red ,they come back each dawn shoeless.I keep telling them I do not wish to return as evaporated milk but they are a great ad for reincarnation:lol:

I told my wife to hise from the ghost by the jontee house,funnily themother-in -law prefers her spirits in form of $ worh of yadong,never seen her since sent EMS to Dubai.cheesy.gif

If anyone here can make any sense out of this I'd be interested in a translation.

• Like 2

You start a new posting about what they believe please. I'm pretending that if I had a choice I would want to come back as X.

So your post is not Thai related. You can't pretend Thais have a custom that they don't have and call that Thai related.

You need to be more specific, your gorgeous body may be strapped to a quadriplegic chair. Think more..

You have your fantasy I'll have mine 8-)

"I can get you what you want. I can get you anything. You just have to talk to me. You have to trust me, you can trust me. I'm your priest, I'm ... I'm your shrink. I'm your main connection to the ... to the switchboard of the soul. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Clause of the subconscious. You say it, you thínk it: you can have it."

-- Lenny Nero

http://www.criticalcommons.org/Members/ccManager/clips/strangeDaysTVshower.mov/view

Edited by wym

How much for short time ?

• Like 1

How much for short time ?

Well that's the point of me retaining what I know isn't it, wouldn't sell myself short.

As long as you're clear exactly what you're looking for you can get it all.

Young & handsome & good in bed, kind & clever & funny, and not least a billionaire, inherited but not spoiled, or self-made but early-retired.

And of course loves me to death, can't wait to tie the knot; if I get that "true love" pheromone buzz thrown in, icing on the cake.

Love is real

Absolutely. Problem is the word has been assigned so many conflated meanings to the point that it's

very difficult to discuss rationally without defining which aspect you're talking about.

as an abstract spiritual concept as in "love your neighbor as yourself"

most often used as an intense version of "to like"

often confused with sexuality, as in "making love"

"in love" is IMO a biologically/evolution programmed syndrome that facilitates reproduction, doesn't seem to last that long

For me I like Peck's definition of "actively striving, actually doing work in order to enhance the other's spiritual growth" - applies to family an friends just as well as my bedmate.

The challenge is to have the last definition working in both directions before the honeymoon glow of the pheromones wears off - in my experience three years is the longest time window to expect.

• Like 1

I meant as a dimensionless actuality that naturally flows when there's no impediment... and, yes, we should actively strive to recognise impediments.

Sorry, "dimensionnless actuality" doesn't convey enough meaning for me to work with. Sounds perhaps like the more abstract spiritual definition I mentioned?

And wrt your music video (personally can't stand that style) I take it you were trying to make a point about parental love?

In which case I agree, my kids always come first, have sacrificed most of life's pleasures at the moment to give them a decent education. . .

a number of thais have told me that disabled people are people who did something bad in a previous life.

or in this one.

Same with being poor, getting ill or in an accident, losing a child etc.

This perversion of the concept of karma is a social control mechanism, helps the elite keep the masses in their place.

Lots of similar political elements in organized Christianity.

• Like 1

a number of thais have told me that disabled people are people who did something bad in a previous life.

Maybe being disabled is a further evolution where get an dealt an even better deck of card for the purposes of our learning.

'Dimensionless actuality' would be a paradox. Something 'actual' requires dimensions.

As for the OP wanting to be an eagle, I can see the initial attraction, but the food would put me off eventually. Plus not being able to safely pick my nose would become annoying very quickly.

Seeing as we're pretending, and that this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what 'many Thais believe' I'm going to go with being a dolphin, just for a fortnight at first, then longer if the whole 'no arms' thing isn't too much of a pain in the arse.

Or maybe, if we're delving into the realms of pretence, a dragon. The dragon idea needs more research I think.