Many Thais believe after we die we come back.

quiuvo

"Greatest Love Of All"

[Chorus:]
//...//

Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Dimensionless actuality' would be a paradox. Something 'actual' requires dimensions.

How would you know, I'm betting your perceptions are pretty much stuck in the limited three of the old-school Euclid-Cartesian-Newtonian paradigm.

Those leading-edge physicists and cosmologist/mathematicians that are trying to reconcile Einstein's relativity with observed quantum mechanics particle behavior are finding that models of many many dimensions, completely alternative space-time continua best explain reality.

There may very well be actualities that span these dimensions, how the heck would we know?

None of which has anything to do with any useful definition of "love" of course. . .

• Like 1

I meant as a dimensionless actuality that naturally flows when there's no impediment... and, yes, we should actively strive to recognise impediments.

Sorry, "dimensionnless actuality" doesn't convey enough meaning for me to work with. Sounds perhaps like the more abstract spiritual definition I mentioned?

And wrt your music video (personally can't stand that style) I take it you were trying to make a point about parental love?

In which case I agree, my kids always come first, have sacrificed most of life's pleasures at the moment to give them a decent education. . .

I'm a dad but always thought I was number one. Now I think I would let my kids come first!

A fart.

I change the rules in midair, just like in Thailand, no, no kidding. But we can't ask for what we are now. We need to change very much.. How much?

So much disrespect! I am not a fart now .I'd just like to come back as one ,be released ,annoy some folk for 2 minutes and disappear!

• Like 1

'Dimensionless actuality' would be a paradox. Something 'actual' requires dimensions.

How would you know, I'm betting your perceptions are pretty much stuck in the limited three of the old-school Euclid-Cartesian-Newtonian paradigm.

Those leading-edge physicists and cosmologist/mathematicians that are trying to reconcile Einstein's relativity with observed quantum mechanics particle behavior are finding that models of many many dimensions, completely alternative space-time continua best explain reality.

There may very well be actualities that span these dimensions, how the heck would we know?

None of which has anything to do with any useful definition of "love" of course. . .

Good point. I was using the definition of actual as something that is measurable, which would mean that it would need to have dimensions wouldn't it?

Good point. I was using the definition of actual as something that is measurable, which would mean that it would need to have dimensions wouldn't it?

Defining "actual" (really existing) with "measurable" (as in within the scope of man's current very limited science/technology) is the essence of false scientism, and nothing to do with a truly scientific approach.

Some might find this interesting: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=is-the-universe-made-of-math-excerpt

Edited by wym

I read that the chi energy(spirit) is higher than any other species in the 7th octave(where you go when you die)6th been annimals,5th plant life etc.etc and in the womb this chi is drawn from the child as its opposite-positive-negative light- dark etc etc well obviously speculative of course,this is from the henoch prophecies,billy meier alien contacts who in 1986 said the 9/11 attacks would happen and the previous to that the cold war,vietnam war.etc.etc

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by stedyedy

Defining "actual" (really existing) with "measurable" (as in within the scope of man's current very limited science/technology) is the essence of false scientism, and nothing to do with a truly scientific approach.

Some might find this interesting: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=is-the-universe-made-of-math-excerpt

As in scientism itself is false, or my understanding is incorrect? I don't pretend to have a 'truly scientific approach' nor much of an understanding of quantum mechanics. I doubt that many people do to be honest.

This reincarnation idea is doubtless why many of them have a carefree attitude and are not overly concerned with death?

If I had the choice, a reasonably good looking, straight Thai male with the gift of the gab and half a brain, for sure! Look at all of the available totty for one (in large part due to the profusion of gay Thai males), and Thais in general are easy to sweet-talk into buying stuff/ideas etc.

Don't worry you won't come back as an animal. You are going to be a human being again and again. It's not about belief it's a well known fact that when your body dies your soul moves on and in due time it is going to come to Earth again for learning and experience. It has nothing to do with religion it's just the way it work but since approx 95% of people are asleep and have no intention to wake up whatsoever, they don't understand such things. They usually prefer to believe in being hypnotized by daytime TV, drinking and doing whatever that keeps them asleep.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As in scientism itself is false, or my understanding is incorrect? I don't pretend to have a 'truly scientific approach' nor much of an understanding of quantum mechanics. I doubt that many people do to be honest.

Yes, scientism is false.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,

Than are dreamt of in our philosophy.

-- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

In those days "philosophy" = today's "science"

My point is that those who do have a deep understanding of bleeding-edge physics explanations for the fundamentals of reality, origins of the universe etc readily acknowledge that humanity does not (yet) have a clue about such matters.

And it seems the most likely theoretical constructs that fit the evidence are so far removed from our capabilities to perceive, that it is likely our minds are literally not capable of comprehending reality at that level.

Which to me comes pretty close to equivalent to our relation to whatever truths are buried within the various myths of traditional religion.

The really interesting one is the "multiverse" explanation for string theory, but even though it's rising in acceptance in recent years is still far from mainstream.

Edited by wym
  • Like 2

The story recently of the woman in Si Saket that said the cow sleeping on her bed was the reincarnation of her husband was hilarious!

I'm preparing my wife already, but I'm a bit worried on making it up and down the stairs as our bedroom is on the 2nd floor :P

Man, this question doesn't depend on your wish biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png at all.

I asked before my TH GF about it, cause I wished also to come back as eagle, falcon, etc..

She said: - are you crazy, you can't decide.

Used to I hunt a lot, so she asked me which animal was killed by myself the most.

I answered probably the roe-buck.

- OK, you will come back as roe-buck, cause you have to be born again with your life-style, you can't get rest with Buddha.

So guys, I will be back as roe-buck, but it's not so bad, cause I know well how the hunters will hunt to me, so I have many tricks to against them thumbsup.gif and there are many many pretty doe girls ..... tongue.png

Edited by Loles

Don't worry you won't come back as an animal. You are going to be a human being again and again. It's not about belief it's a well known fact that when your body dies your soul moves on and in due time it is going to come to Earth again for learning and experience. It has nothing to do with religion it's just the way it work but since approx 95% of people are asleep and have no intention to wake up whatsoever, they don't understand such things. They usually prefer to believe in being hypnotized by daytime TV, drinking and doing whatever that keeps them asleep. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, and what about the growing world population?

Do souls spawn in your conception?

OP say that let's pretend we can do great stuff in the universe and that one is to come back as what ever you want to be! An ant? Bird, snake, Thaksin, Washington , king Henry the V, got the hang of it? Kennedy got killed in his prime.... Great singers died before 50!

The OP said, "Many Thais believe." They don't believe we have a choice.

So the OP is not Thai related. It should be changed to, "Lets Pretend."

I like this answer. But I couldn't give a "like"

TV has sent me I have reached my positive quota of today.

What kind of idiot thing is this? I have never heard about "TV positive quota".

My god, next time they offer you if you pay 10 B / like you can go through.

A sexy young woman who can chose to bed any hunk she wishes! I'm gay.....after that, an African Bald Eagle.

If you came back as a sexy young woman and gay, you would be a lesbian....................rolleyes.gif