Here is my number, please call me 35+ times a day. Thanks.

puukao

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one makes a really stupid mistake one should never get depressed.

Be very thankful that you have an opportunity to learn something.

In this case, make a note to yourself:

"To have a peaceful, happy life, avoid low-life areas and don't associate with

loose women. Life is so much more fulfilling when you associate with real

people -- no gold-diggers, no females with a bargirl mentality."

To the OP -- you are one very lucky person. You merely got annoyed by a few

phone calls. Think of all those cases where the guy acted just as you did but

ended up losing his entire life savings, or even his life.

• Like 1

sorry to burst your dream****, but this girl is doing the trick on every single foreign wallet she do meet, even the 80 yo one.

She must be spending a fortune on phone calls...laugh.png

*** your dream = you feel like you are a desirable hansum manwhistling.gif

Edited by Bender
  • Like 1

Welcome to LOS

Also be careful with emails, facebook, LINE and any other social media.

If you have business cards, be careful who you give them to as well, especially farangs...........thumbsup.gif

If I get another phonecall from some krathoy in Pattaya, I'm not sure what I'll do. Get the missus to answer unknown callers perhaps..............sad.png

If you really want to have a lot of new "friends" who have a special intimacy with you and your personal life, just go shopping with your credit card... I guess using TV logic this makes this an American cultural thing and it certainly outclasses the odd Thai female when it comes to potential mayhem.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/10/5294894/target-70-million-personal-details-hacked

Target says 'up to 70 million' names, email addresses, and phone numbers have been stolen

Following last month's news that 40 million debit and credit card numbers were stolen in a hack, Target today disclosed that a huge number of personal details have also been compromised. The retailer says up to 70 million names, mailing addresses, phone numbers or email addresses were stolen as part of last November's hack.

Edited by Suradit69

Makes you feel all fuzzy, does it? Just keep in mind if you were Quasimodo it would still have rang 35 times. tongue.png

Even Quasimodoe's ugly brother can get a date here in Thailandbiggrin.png

...Dobby the house elf and his evil cousin Gollum too!

Just more proof of your sexual animal magnetism ... clap2.gif

All joking aside, she made up her mind that you might be the one. And now you broke her 'jay' sad.png Jay quite ron ron, it seems. Good to end it sooner rather than later.

Its a funny story because its so true.

Happened to me a few times before i learnt not to give any tahi my phone number.

Of course that was before smartphones where you can simply block the number.

"i learnt not to give any tahi my phone number."

Tahi -- is that short for "tahine"?... clap2.gif

It's not just Thai women. I've given my number (back in the days when I was a newbie, and rather naïve and uncautious) to friendly Thai guys I met, say, traveling on a bus or train, and ended up being barraged by the same kinds of calls and SMSs.

The problem is: lack of social/emotional boundaries. Sure, we encounter this among people in the West, too, but it's way more common--perhaps even the norm?--in Thai society.

One of my former students, who does research on Buddhism in Cambodia, has even encountered this phenomenon with Cambodian monks! He would give his phone number to them, and they would barrage him with calls at all hours of the day or night, or he would take their numbers, and not end up calling...when he ran into them again, they would be all pouty and petulant, and chastise him with words such as "you PROMISED you would call me, and you didn't...why did you LIE to me?!" Sound familiar? It's not a Thai female thing, it's a wider Thai (and, I would argue, pan-Southeast Asian) cultural thing: lack of personal boundaries.

Well, when he gave his number what was the purpose/setting/what wording did he use? Obviously, this is not in the frame of a romantic encounter.

There is not that much chance to speak to an interested Westerner in Cambodia (especially one who seems to have a deeper understanding of Buddhism, as your student presented) outside of PP & SR and these guys are starved for contact to a world they probably see as fascinating, so I can understand it.

I hand out a friends business card on a regular basis when asked for my number....I have a stack of them..... smile.png

With "friends" like you , who cares about enemies ! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif but i respect your trolling idea

Edited by Wavnarok

Makes you feel all fuzzy, does it? Just keep in mind if you were Quasimodo it would still have rang 35 times. tongue.png

I think I felt "fuzzy" the first 4 calls. The next 5,214,243 rings were not exactly a precursor to good thoughts.

IF you never want to hear from them, give them your email address. I've given my email address to 3-4 Thais and all they ask is "you don't have a phone? no facebook?" I tell them my phone is at home and I forget the number; moreover, i cannot sign-up to facebook because of my job. they never know what to say after that. it just means they were borderline.

Quasimodo certainly would have gotten 35 rings. I would have to invite them both on a hike up doi suthep (nearest mountain) and we wouldn't see him for days.

-----------------------------

still debating if i should post my story of when a massage lady kissed me. true story. maybe soon....

OCD is rampant in Thailand, I have an ex girl friend I've not seen for nine years who stills sends me an SMS every week, pleading to see me, I'd change my SIM but it's too much of hassle so I simply ignore it.

Likewise, I have an ex-g/f in BKK that I have not seen in 7 years who still sends an email, SMS, or IM about 2X per month. If I respond (which I used to do about 2X a year but no longer do), then it escalated to receiving messages about twice a week..."how come you never contact me when you are in BKK, do you have a g/f?"...etc., etc.