Reform should also aim for a just society: Thai editorial

webfact

I find almost all of these posts naive, most of the posters want this place to be free of corruption and champion the rule of law. I don't believe any of you.

If you were accused of a crime and could get out of it by paying a fee instead of jail time and expulsion from Thailand and had the funds, you would all pay up. Stop with the platitudes hypocrites, let them work out their problems the way they will. You don't like it leave, yes we all have opinions tainted by our won prejudices, biases etc; but why do you believe you know best? The hubris and arrogance is palpable to the temporary residence of this land.

Go do your 90 day reporting or your yearly extensions and leave the politics to the people who have citizenship.

I find almost all of these posts naive, most of the posters want this place to be free of corruption and champion the rule of law. I don't believe any of you.

If you were accused of a crime and could get out of it by paying a fee instead of jail time and expulsion from Thailand and had the funds, you would all pay up. Stop with the platitudes hypocrites, let them work out their problems the way they will. You don't like it leave, yes we all have opinions tainted by our won prejudices, biases etc; but why do you believe you know best? The hubris and arrogance is palpable to the temporary residence of this land.

Go do your 90 day reporting or your yearly extensions and leave the politics to the people who have citizenship.

I guess I understand your point, but it is that indomitable spirit which (I suspect) compels most of us to "keep sharp" and "not fall back on our heels", and to perhaps remind ourselves of why getting up in the morning is worth it all. "Getting things off our chest" is good for the soul.

I do not agree with one thing you said, and on that point I would rebut by throwing your post about me and others right back in your face. Go do your 90 day reporting or your yearly extensions and leave us out of it.

Respectwai2.gif

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 2