Does the EC have a hidden agenda over poll date?

webfact

Pretty simple.....

The EC took money from the man in Dubai. Now they see that the election will be very wrong, specially but not only in the south and they risk to go into jail later. So they beg the Shinawatras to postpone the date. And even they don't they have the excuse that they tried to fix things.

Sorry to sound negative or boring but just out of interset do you have ANY cast iron solid proof of what you have written?

If you do please publish it.

If you do not please label it as only YOUR personal opinion and that you really have no idea what you are talking about.

By focusing too much on the political situation, the election commissioners' neutrality has been questioned. Some former EC members suggested that if they really wanted the election to be postponed, at least three of the current election commissioners should simply resign their seats to make the election agency inoperable. As all five election commissioners have remained in their seats, critics suspect a hidden agenda.

If you remember they were threatened with prison if they resigned.

If you believe strongly enough in something prison isnt a deterrent.

its 14,000 btw not 140,000 and they just have to do the job they are paid to do, organise and run the election process. They are supposed to be neutral and impartial the PT campaigners i believe are extremely active and bkk isnt a priority plus with the current protests also not the best place to be out lobbying. Friends tell me there is the usual pre election bustle going on as youd expect in all regions they live in and PT are out along with the other parties taking part as usual.

BKK is not a gauge meter for the rest of the country, contrary to the Bangkokorians belief it is wink.png

"Friends tell me there is the usual pre election bustle going on as youd expect in all regions they live in and PT are out along with the other parties taking part as usual."

I live in one of those regions, I don't need friends to tell me, I experience it first hand.

During the endless weeks before the last election, just like every other election I have lived through, there was a constant aural assault from speaker-vans shouting their favoured number.......

At the moment, all I can hear is my stomach rumbling, and one cockerel with poor eyesight.

My stomach isn't rumbling as I have just had lunch. Apart from that it is a normal day in my part of rural Khampaeng Phet next to the Mae Wong national park.

No sound trucks heard yet and only about 20 PTP posters in the 15km from here to amphur Klong Lan.

Last election the sound trucks were out on the road about 14 hours a day and forests were being cut down to make enough poster poles.

The election so far seems to be a non event up here so far and long may it be that way.

By focusing too much on the political situation, the election commissioners' neutrality has been questioned. Some former EC members suggested that if they really wanted the election to be postponed, at least three of the current election commissioners should simply resign their seats to make the election agency inoperable. As all five election commissioners have remained in their seats, critics suspect a hidden agenda.

its 14,000 btw not 140,000 and they just have to do the job they are paid to do, organise and run the election process. They are supposed to be neutral and impartial the PT campaigners i believe are extremely active and bkk isnt a priority plus with the current protests also not the best place to be out lobbying. Friends tell me there is the usual pre election bustle going on as youd expect in all regions they live in and PT are out along with the other parties taking part as usual.

BKK is not a gauge meter for the rest of the country, contrary to the Bangkokorians belief it is wink.png

Actually I beg to differ.

The number reported was indeed 140,000

EC is short of 140,000 election officials for 15 southern provinces

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ec-short-140000-election-officials-15-southern-provinces/

Or how about

http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2013-12-10&nid=76213#.UteN6fvcCWo

Anyway, there are lots of reports, just google it.

Plus, they are not simply in a situation where they have to 'do the job they are paid to do'..... These are volunteers.

If they can't get the people or the infrastructure together, then they have a hard time running the election.

All this without even considering the disruption that will occur on the voting day..

The EC are 100% correct to be concerned, and equally correct to convey their concerns officially to the PM.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ec-short-140000-election-officials-15-southern-provinces/

Or how about

Plus, they are not simply in a situation where they have to 'do the job they are paid to do'..... These are volunteers.

If they can't get the people or the infrastructure together, then they have a hard time running the election.

All this without even considering the disruption that will occur on the voting day..

The EC are 100% correct to be concerned, and equally correct to convey their concerns officially to the PM.

Actually it's 1,400,000 for 150 provinces!!biggrin.png

Haven't the EC always favoured the yellow gang? Aren't the EC also blocking the rice payments to the farmers?

no.

no.

Perhaps you don't call it blocking rice payments but the news suggests otherwise "EC rejects governments 130-billion baht rice loans" to pay the farmers!

The EC doesn't care about their country, instead of selling rice to China they prefer to let it rot in the warehouses. It therefore suggests yellow gang leanings doesn't it?

Or how about

OMG i stand corrected indeed 140,000 for 15 southern provinces or 9333 a province blink.png of course volunteers thats usual but thats a lot of helpers lol quick calc 77 provinces thats 718,641 roughly in total or about 1 for every 100 of the population, w00t.gif

Edited by englishoak

Or how about

OMG i stand corrected indeed 140,000 for 15 southern provinces or 9333 a province blink.png of course volunteers thats usual but thats a lot of helpers lol quick calc 77 provinces thats 718,641 roughly in total or about 1 for every 100 of the population, w00t.gif

OK. you've admitted your error - are you number dyslexic or have you been reading too much red propaganda???

Numbers clearly don't count for people like Kittirat and they adjust them accordingly to make things appear better or to hide something that is extremely embarrassing (as in the case of the 'great white rice scam').

They believe that adding 000 onto the end of a number changes by (0 x 3 = 0).

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

This bunch of EC commissioners had tarnished the reputation of EC. They should solve the mess they created. If they don't, legal actions should be taken against them. Perhaps, their 'masters' should come in now to bail them out.

OK all you conspiracy theorists. All with one functioning red eye and an overworked brown one.

28 constituencies remain unregistered

22 have only 1 candidate registered

A caretaker government is the best that can be hoped for.

Several local members have resigned

They are 140,000 volunteers short

The main opposition party is boycotting them

There are huge protests ongoing

There is daily violence against the demonstrators

Perfect conditions for an election

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This bunch of EC commissioners had tarnished the reputation of EC. They should solve the mess they created. If they don't, legal actions should be taken against them. Perhaps, their 'masters' should come in now to bail them out.

OK all you conspiracy theorists. All with one functioning red eye and an overworked brown one.

28 constituencies remain unregistered

22 have only 1 candidate registered

A caretaker government is the best that can be hoped for.

Several local members have resigned

They are 140,000 volunteers short

The main opposition party is boycotting them

There are huge protests ongoing

There is daily violence against the demonstrators

Perfect conditions for an election

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Looks like the 'perfect storm' reason for not holding it to me - you forgot 1 minor detail it will only cost a bargain 3.8 billion baht to pay for it.

It seems reasonable to presume that they have started printing the 68 million ballot papers now as that's an awful lot of printing (20 million extra to allow for the PTP voters to get it right I would imagine) - after all, knowing where to plant that cross might prove difficult for some.

Or how about

OK. you've admitted your error - are you number dyslexic or have you been reading too much red propaganda???

Numbers clearly don't count for people like Kittirat and they adjust them accordingly to make things appear better or to hide something that is extremely embarrassing (as in the case of the 'great white rice scam').

They believe that adding 000 onto the end of a number changes by (0 x 3 = 0).

Nope scan reading when tired, entirely my own fault. ( and you dont hear that admission much in country ) wink.png

The EC are probably bought and paid for, their job is to run elections smoothly not tell the government when they can hold them or take sides. they are supposed to be impartial in their job and do it when asked by the gov and its legal to do so. the EC has failed to provide proof its illegal so should just get on and do their job or face being sacked.

The EC has shown itself to be anything but neutral, like so many areas that should be in this country another one pops up showing its compromised. Put the EC on the corrupted list and book em a room in Dubai

At this rate there wont be many left in Thailand except for the normal Thai people, farang, bars, girls and food stalls. Did I just paint utopia ?

Typical red bs. They don't bend to the will of the dear leader fugitive in Dubai so it's all some big conspiracy against him. Rubbish ! They are doing their job properly and refuse to alter the law for the Please Taksin cronies. Their job is to make sure the election happens properly which in this case it can't. The protestors blocked registration which may technically be against the law but that is out of the EC's hands. They have to work within the rules which state that the stations must be well publicized to everyone in advance and can't be changed at a whim to benefit certain people. They know the election on 2nd Feb will lead nowhere as there won't be a qorum, so what is the point ? Start again and do it properly and don't waste billions of baht for nothing. This IS their job whether you like it or not.

Yours would be typical yellow BS, they are bending to the will of the indicted murder suspect(Who is too busy out there in BKK inciting insurrection and threatening to kidnapped someone as an excuse for not appearing in court) somewhere in BKK.

They are not doing their job properly and choose not to follow the law and royal decree for the Facist Suthep and his cronies.

Their job is to to hold elections in a free and fair manner despite obstacles.

The protester blocking registration is acting AGAINST the law. (Not "may technically be")

They have to work within the rules which state that the station must be well publicized to everyone in advance or extend the registration date to a different location due to some unlawful reason that registration for election cannot proceed, and election can't be change at the whim to benefit a certain(Small) group of people.

This IS SUPPOSED to be their job whether you liked it or not.

Pretty simple.....

The EC took money from the man in Dubai. Now they see that the election will be very wrong, specially but not only in the south and they risk to go into jail later. So they beg the Shinawatras to postpone the date. And even they don't they have the excuse that they tried to fix things.

It seems for far more likely they took money from Suthep. With not getting candidates registered in the southern provinces

and there position now. Either that or you are saying bribery is ineffectual and does not work. Do you really think all 5 EC

commissioners had an epiphany and think elections are now wrong, ridiculous. Both sides are equally corrupt and so you may as well

let the people decide who's corruption they want. At least until an honest politician comes along in Thailand and that seems

to be the rarest of the rare. blink.png

• Like 1

Pretty simple.....

It seems for far more likely they took money from Suthep. With not getting candidates registered in the southern provinces

and there position now. Either that or you are saying bribery is ineffectual and does not work. Do you really think all 5 EC

commissioners had an epiphany and think elections are now wrong, ridiculous. Both sides are equally corrupt and so you may as well

let the people decide who's corruption they want. At least until an honest politician comes along in Thailand and that seems

to be the rarest of the rare. blink.png

I admit that they are a rare breed, but as far as honesty goes you won't find two finer than Abhisit and Korn!!!