German victim of necklace snatch in Jomtien

webfact

German victim of necklace snatch in Jomtien

german-51.jpg
german-22.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 36 year old German national was caught-up in a necklace snatch on the Sukhumvit Road in front of Makro’s on Wednesday afternoon. Police were able to detain two suspects and two others aged 14 and 16 were were thought to be part of the same gang.

Police were called to the location just after 2pm by Mr. Toby Tredl who had lost his 18k Gold Necklace as he was driving his motorbike along the main road towards Pattaya. He described how two men on a further bike came up beside him and the passenger leant over and snatched the necklace from around his neck.

A description of the pair was circulated amongst Police Officers who were able to find the two suspects in Soi 1 off the South Pattaya Road. With the two men, both aged 18, were two boys aged 14 and 16 who were also detained.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/115265/german-victim-of-necklace-snatch-in-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-01-16

Lets hope that the BiB dont just let these guys off with a pety 500b fine, they will only be laughing and out to do it again. Get some saudi punishment here and chop a didget off. They will not be doing it again, what happens if the poor victim has a bad heart and suffers an attack due to something like this? Should it go this far as these cowards will pray on older looking ppl as well

• Like 1

Now if they could only work as fast when the scion of an influential family runs down and kills one of their own in his Ferrari.

Four more reasons why Thailand"s Future is so BLEAK !!!!!!!!!!

There are 2 sides to this..............while i heartily agree that all theft is wrong and should be punished accordingly, there is always the "show off" farang parading his wealth to try and impress people. It seems that 90% of them who come here seem to think they should have the appropriate dipshit accessories...............gold, tattoos, earrings.........trying to be something they were not and couldn't be in their own countries of origin. They parade in front of people who have little possessions, and even less intelligence. Poverty promotes crime the world over.

• Like 1

Lets hope that the BiB dont just let these guys off with a pety 500b fine, they will only be laughing and out to do it again. Get some saudi punishment here and chop a didget off. They will not be doing it again, what happens if the poor victim has a bad heart and suffers an attack due to something like this? Should it go this far as these cowards will pray on older looking ppl as well

Had it happen to me when I'd just got here. Really pissed me off, never caught the f***ers they need a good kicking. Like most "petty crime"it has a large impact on the victim.

There are 2 sides to this..............while i heartily agree that all theft is wrong and should be punished accordingly, there is always the "show off" farang parading his wealth to try and impress people. It seems that 90% of them who come here seem to think they should have the appropriate dipshit accessories...............gold, tattoos, earrings.........trying to be something they were not and couldn't be in their own countries of origin. They parade in front of people who have little possessions, and even less intelligence. Poverty promotes crime the world over.

That's one of the best 'blame the victim' posts I've read in a long time. Well done!

I bet you wouldn't have posted that if the victim had been Thai.

Those nasty farangs! How dare they wear gold necklaces!?

The fact that Thais also do is irrelevant, I guess.

• Like 1

The guys in the helmets are probably the gang leaders.

Check out how much gold the police wear at both Jomtien & Pattaya. My wife overheard two police talking about their employees snatching gold. Sometimes they have to 'catch' someone for show.

Anyone wearing gold necklace, etc. in Pattaya or BKK is an idiot! It's like dangling a chicken in front of an alligator!

Judging from your post you must be in Pattaya or Bangkok and wearing a gold necklace.

• Like 1

Completely ridiculous...

If the police where doing their job in the first place, they would have nabbed the boys for No-HELMET, but as they are not farangs, they dont bother.

BTW, I dont know if the boys had no helmets... I am just being sarcastic at the picture of those smug police officers.... How they sleep at night baffles me....

Anyone wearing gold necklace, etc. in Pattaya or BKK is an idiot! It's like dangling a chicken in front of an alligator!

clap2.gifFINALLY! The main point of issue has been made. That German "victim" has been told " the farang survival rules of the road" in (at least) three different regional dialects of the German language,.....Guaranteed!whistling.gif

That's one of the best 'blame the victim' posts I've read in a long time. Well done!

I bet you wouldn't have posted that if the victim had been Thai.

Those nasty farangs! How dare they wear gold necklaces!?

The fact that Thais also do is irrelevant, I guess.

YUP, always blame the victim if a farang. If the victim is a thai, then the thai apologists look for another thread.