Big visa problem advice needed please help!

Robininbkk

I just had a big fight with my GF and we decided this is the end and we are going to break up. She said she want to make big problem for me.

The thing is. I am in Thailand with a student visa and doing an internship at a Thai company. This company was recommended by my GF, she has contacts in that company.

She said she will make sure I will have big problems. Is it possible that the company will tell my embassy or immigration that my student visa is invalid because I am not really doing an internship in Thailand? Because I got the visa with the information of that company for an internship in Thailand.

Can she really do that? Can I have possible ''big problem''? as in deportation or black listed?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is exactly how the name "Land of Smiles" came about.

"my student visa is invalid because I am not really doing an internship".......well, get an ED visa for a year and start over above board. good luck in the LOS.

wai2.gif

• Like 2

I do have and am on a ED visa for 1 year. I am really doing an internship in a Thai company which is part of my study in my university in my home country.

I was wondering wether I can protect myself, should she really try to make problems for me at immigration. If a Thai wants a farang deported or jailed or blacklisted on imigration. what would she do?

No, a Non-Imm visa is not easy for the sponsor to cancel. If immigration can't contact you first and call you in for an interview, they won't cancel it. Take it easy and ignore her.

Alright that's a bit of a relief, thanks. What do you mean with ''sponsor''? The thai company where I am doing the internship at?

So it is by immigration protocol and law to call me in for an interview before they can do anything? So if they can't contact me, nothing will happen, is that correct?

If so, then I am very relieved. However, my now ex GF might give them my thai number or adress of where I am staying at the moment... WIll they come to my adress to confine/arrest me? and take me to immigration office or am I thinking too much now? Is it even realistic of what I am thinking now or is it not very strict in Thailand with such things?

You're here to study and you sometimes go to that company to hang-out with your friends.

Working! Who told you that? My crazy ex-gf ?

Simple as that.

If you don't have any of the following then don't worry...

Work Contract.

Work Telephone Number / Work mobile phone.

Work Business Card.

Work Desk, Computer & system login details.

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1

No, a Non-Imm visa is not easy for the sponsor to cancel. If immigration can't contact you first and call you in for an interview, they won't cancel it. Take it easy and ignore her.

Alright that's a bit of a relief, thanks. What do you mean with ''sponsor''? The thai company where I am doing the internship at?

So it is by immigration protocol and law to call me in for an interview before they can do anything? So if they can't contact me, nothing will happen, is that correct?

If so, then I am very relieved. However, my now ex GF might give them my thai number or adress of where I am staying at the moment... WIll they come to my adress to confine/arrest me? and take me to immigration office or am I thinking too much now? Is it even realistic of what I am thinking now or is it not very strict in Thailand with such things?

If they supplied the paperwork to apply for your non-imm visa (assuming that's the visa type which you currently hold). Yes, they are technically your sponsor.

It ain't going to happen, so chill out. I've heard of it happening, only once in twenty years.

Edited by somchaismith

You're here to study and you sometimes go to that company to hang-out with your friends.

Working! Who told you that? My crazy ex-gf ?

Simple as that.

If you don't have any of the following then don't worry...

Work Contract.

Work Telephone Number / Work mobile phone.

Work Business Card.

Work Desk, Computer & system login details.

But my non imm ED visa is linked to that company and they can prove it. All they have to do is call to the Thai consulate in my homecountry. I had to show papers of a company of which I am doing an internship in before they could issue the ED visa for me. So the consulate have that info.

I will however consider the denying everything tactic if it has any legal highground.

Edit. I do not have any of the things on the list you mentioned. But that is the problem, If I can't prove I am doing an internship in Thailand, then my ED visa would be invalid, right? thats is what I try to resolve, if my ex-gf is going to tell immigration or embassy that my visa is not good and I faked the internship.

Edited by Robininbkk

Are you really doing an internship at a Thai company or not ?

Yes I am. And they have all my personal info and copy of my passport as well.

I am affraid she will tell the company to drop me and cancel the internship and tell immigration that I faked the internship to get an ED visa. She can do that because the manager there is a friend of hers. That's how I got this internship position in the first place, she helped me with it, and now she wants to destroy me with it.

Edited by Robininbkk

If they supplied the paperwork to apply for your non-imm visa (assuming that's the visa type which you currently hold). Yes, they are technically your sponsor.

It ain't going to happen, so chill out. I've heard of it happening, only once in twenty years.

Yes they did supplied the paperwork for my application of the non-imm ED multiple visa which is 1 year valid, which I currently hold.

Well sure if she really has the power to get management to terminate your internship, that's a much bigger problem than the visa paperwork issue isn't it.

If your primary goal is just to be in Thailand don't worry, but if the internship is important to you then you better sit down with this manager and lay your cards on the table.

Or crawl back to her and ask what she wants from you in exchange for allowing you to complete your term of indentured servitude.

• Like 2

If you're visa is legal and above-board then try not to worry too much.

If the company want you there, then you'll be okay.

If not then they'll find a way to get rid of you.

You can't force the company to continue the intern-ship if they want to cancel it can you ?

I'm sure you have an email, at least, confirming your internship.

• Like 2

Yes I can't do anything about it if the company wants to cancel the internship, ok I will then have a year delay with my study. I can accept that.

What I am more worried about is my ex-gf's intention. She said she is going to make sure I get problems with immigration or police. She also added that I will never be able to come back to Thailand again, blacklist me.

In this situation, what can I do?

PS. She is sleeping in the bed right now. I am affraid to sleep, she might do something to me. like cut my penis or something. I heard stories of angry Thai women doing that. Tonight I will have one eye open... BUt that is a situation I can handle, I hope. It's the whole Visa/immigration/deportation/blacklist/arrest thing which I am not familiar with in Thailand.

Edited by Robininbkk

Pretend. Tell her you love her and you are sorry. Buy her something nice. All of this will buy you the time you need to get your head straight, then, ditch her when YOU are ready, and when she can no longer hurt your visa status.

Yes I can't do anything about it if the company wants to cancel the internship, ok I will then have a year delay with my study. I can accept that.

What I am more worried about is my ex-gf's intention. She said she is going to make sure I get problems with immigration or police. She also added that I will never be able to come back to Thailand again, blacklist me.

In this situation, what can I do?

PS. She is sleeping in the bed right now. I am affraid to sleep, she might do something to me. like cut my penis or something. I heard stories of angry Thai women doing that. Tonight I will have one eye open... BUt that is a situation I can handle, I hope. It's the whole Visa/immigration/deportation/blacklist/arrest thing which I am not familiar with in Thailand.

If you're breaking up under these circumstances, why is she sleeping with you now? Why aren't you in a cheap guest house?

I'm starting to think troll.

• Like 2

And the correct protocol is BEFORE you tell her you're leaving her, have all your ducks in a row as in bags packed and personal <deleted> sorted. Even better, just do a runner while she's out eating or getting her hair done.

Don't continue to share a bed with a woman you've already told you're leaving her. At the very least, remove all sharp and blunt instruments from the apartment.

• Like 1

No you wouldn't be deported or blacklisted lol. The most she could do is make waves on the company side as she knows the boss (or cut your wiener off w00t.gif); but if she went to Imm direct they wouldn't give her the time of day unless perhaps she was pally with the lieutenant etc. But sounds like you're still sleeping with her anyway? Just give her a knee-trembler as mentioned and get things sorted.

• Like 2

Are you really doing an internship at a Thai company or not ?

Yes I am. And they have all my personal info and copy of my passport as well.

I am affraid she will tell the company to drop me and cancel the internship and tell immigration that I faked the internship to get an ED visa. She can do that because the manager there is a friend of hers. That's how I got this internship position in the first place, she helped me with it, and now she wants to destroy me with it.

This is a bit far fetched, a company won't get rid of you because a girl they know of has finished with her boyfriend.

If it is awkward then start looking at other internships with other companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand