Oust me by voting, Yingluck urges opponents

webfact

I have contempt for a corrupt and inept government. I have contempt for a prime minister who lies through her teeth.

"She told representatives of 15 foreign media on the on-going situation that if the country could pass through the February 2 election, the political conflict would be over."

When the bombs start exploding after the elections, I really like to hear her what she has to say about that again.

Why are you upset of such a statement? She is doing politics. When Obama speaks of changes to NSA surveillance he is lying too and at the end nothing will change. Same thing different situation.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly are those reforms needed? Compared to decades old nepotism under the yellow rule for the Bangkok elite, the reds have not abused their position anywhere near of their level! The same group of Bangkok elite families are still running the show more or less.

They only bitch about not being the top dog anymore and about the rural Thais having actually power to oppose them! It is so outrageous...!

Please let me know when the Yellows did rule for decades? I need to go back till 1986 to see anything that could be remotely yellow.....

Thaksin

Banharn

Chavalit

?????

Surly you jest???

Errr Who was the PM before YL? that would be Mark,,, Who voted for him to be PM??? NOT THE PEOPLE by general election, Why do you think that the red shirts get so pissed off? BECAUSE every time they get their government elected, the Dem's and Suthep dont like it so again try to throw out the government and again put their unelected man in, You'd think that so-called intelligent people would understand and win the people rather that steal government from the peoplew00t.gif not that hard really...............

For goodness sake, not again. Who voted for YL to be PM? Not the people in the general election. PM in Thailand is not elected by people. It is appointed by a vote in the Thai House of Representatives. Will you grasp that once and for all?

"The Prime Minister is appointed by a vote in the Thai House of Representatives by a simple majority, and is then sworn-in by the King of Thailand. The House's selection is usually based on the fact that either the prime minister is the leader of the largest political party in the lower house or the leader of the largest coalition of parties. In accordance with the constitution, the prime minister can only be appointed twice and is therefore limited to a maximum of two consecutive terms."

Unfortunately, many red-hazed followers are not capable of grasping much of anything, maybe their own dingle dangle, but of course this doesn't improve their comprehension and understanding of simple concepts.

• Like 1

What part of this is so difficult to you yellow supporters? Instead of some weird "reforms", led by a totally crooked politician and postponing of elections.

If the yellows had a believable and fair program for the rural Thais, they are not stupid, and would vote for the yellows but they do not. Instead the only solution for them is voting for the reds whose leaders are about as corrupted as the yellow ones. At least they do SOMETHING for them, instead of total disregard inside Bangkok bubble by the yellow leaders.

The catchy word seems to be "reform" and in this case here "democracy". I wonder since quite a while how many farangs are talking in favor of Sutheb. He is just a useful tool for most of the Democratic Party. How does that match democracy and unelected Government? Maybe only an old Communist Party member or Dictator would agree.

BTW: wasn't Sutheb part of the Government from 2006 to 2010? Why did he not initiate reforms then? Taksin was by then already 15 years in power.

My take: Sutheb failed then he will fail today.

I do have a different view of the current events that I compare with what I have seeing and experienced in all those years I am on this planet. Just look back at all we have seeing in Europe, USA, GB during the '60s and '70S. Different cultures may differ in some aspects of what Democracy is and how it should be applied to the respective culture. I can agree with that as there is no such thing like a "democracy fits all". But one thing all forms of democracy has in common - and that is the core of the idea - is "to vote". Any form of unelected Government is NON Democratic.

Further I can't get rid of the thought that what happen right here and now is nothing then a form of frustration by the Democratic Party combined with hate. The frustrating part of and for the DP is that they have not being able to win any vote since 1992. They are so hungry to be the Government but can't reach it with "legal" means. And please don't argue now that PT is paying money for your vote. You really think the DP is not doing this? You must be blind on both eyes and having a shut mind if you would.

Sutheb has not the guts to go to the poll because he has not the guts to sit at one table with all other parties and talk. When I was a kid, I had to learn to argue and defend myself with words. I was raised and taught through life experience that discussions, debating yes even quarreling is the only true solution to any problems. That is what we call Social Competence - and Sutheb is lacking this part clearly.

I more and more have the feeling Sutheb "must" keep this demonstration going for several reasons. [1] he has past the point of no return. I often have the feeling he doesn't know what is next and threatening to kidnap a PM is a sign too. [2] the demonstrators are his protection. Would they go home he is vulnerable to be arrested without consequences to possible riots. I even heard that he could be killed (by who ever). [3] It's nothing than a show of power struggle on the back of people who honestly want a better country but get misled. But he is keeping them hostage with some disillusioned thoughts.

The arrogant yellows have nothing but contempt to offer. For them, the rural Thais are subhumans, not really worth of anything.

As long you call Norther Thai "Buffalo" you can't find a common sense. In contrast; yesterday afternoon I saw in front of Central World an Audi R8 sports car unloading goods for one of the "market boots". So it seems good business.

BTW: I went around some places and found it rather funny how easy it was to cross "intersections that seemed to be "shut down and impassable". Motorbikes and in some place even cars could pass with no hindrance.

UPDATE: I forgot to remark regarding the elections. Would the DP have spend all that money (around 10 million BT per day) into a professional campaign, they could give the PT a bloody nose if not win. Another reason to assume "democratic changes" is not the agenda

Usually I am a silent reader here but thought to give my 2c today

From 2006? Thaksin wasn't deposed until September 2006, and Abhisit didn't form a government until the end of 2008, so Suthep was hardly in government from 2006. And where did the 15 years of power for Thaksin come from? He was PM from 2001 until 2006. And we are in Thailand, where every politician and his dog is corrupt, and will be until the old guard retire disgracefully and allow new blood - preferably untainted - into power.

Edited by Jonmarleesco
  • Like 1

She is absolutely correct: If you want to bring down the Shins and the PT government, vote them out. All but 28 seats will be up for grabs on Feb 2nd. Get off the streets, give Bangkok residents their streets back and go back to democtratic campaigning.

I agree with you. Get out of the streets and into a courtroom. Let the legal system handle this.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

She is absolutely correct: If you want to bring down the Shins and the PT government, vote them out. All but 28 seats will be up for grabs on Feb 2nd. Get off the streets, give Bangkok residents their streets back and go back to democtratic campaigning.

I agree with you. Get out of the streets and into a courtroom. Let the legal system handle this.

I agree, get the Audits done -all books scrutinized, every single person dragged over the coals for their part.

At least there would be a mega clean up, Then start to form any decent people left into parties for voting.

Anyone standing for a party would be well aware that any false move as far as future corruption is concerned the will be jailed. this deterrent should send any signal to the corrupt wannabees.

Just think what an impact this would have, Police -complete cleanup work as ROYAL TP. Army to protect the country and borders and half the numbers cut.

Voluntary conscripts, doing away with the farcical red/black lucky dip. AND THE REST.

Vote Yingluck out !!!Reject the Thaksin influence !!!Eliminate corruption forever !!!Cancel the expensive high speed train !!! Defeat PT !!!Stop to help the northern rice farmers !!!Yingluck, Thaksin, Somchai, Chalerm, ... Get out !!!Bla bla bla bla bla...Yingluck will be reelected easily anyway :)Sent from my iPhone...

You forgot "Cancel Thaksin's Thailand Elite Card", your one and only concern.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I agree, get the Audits done -all books scrutinized, every single person dragged over the coals for their part.

At least there would be a mega clean up, Then start to form any decent people left into parties for voting.

Anyone standing for a party would be well aware that any false move as far as future corruption is concerned the will be jailed. this deterrent should send any signal to the corrupt wannabees.

Just think what an impact this would have, Police -complete cleanup work as ROYAL TP. Army to protect the country and borders and half the numbers cut.

Voluntary conscripts, doing away with the farcical red/black lucky dip. AND THE REST.

Unfortunately the corruption thing is in many closets, from top to bottom, so who does the ''weeding'', l think no one in LOS can............facepalm.gif

Unfortunately the corruption thing is in many closets, from top to bottom, so who does the ''weeding'', l think no one in LOS can............facepalm.gif

Agree but some set up has to happen sometime, whether these can be hand picked by you know who, We have to start from the very top--yes get my drift ???

What part of this is so difficult to you yellow supporters? Instead of some weird "reforms", led by a totally crooked politician and postponing of elections. If the yellows had a believable and fair program for the rural Thais, they are not stupid, and would vote for the yellows but they do not. Instead the only solution for them is voting for the reds whose leaders are about as corrupted as the yellow ones. At least they do SOMETHING for them, instead of total disregard inside Bangkok bubble by the yellow leaders.
The catchy word seems to be "reform" and in this case here "democracy". I wonder since quite a while how many farangs are talking in favor of Sutheb. He is just a useful tool for most of the Democratic Party. How does that match democracy and unelected Government? Maybe only an old Communist Party member or Dictator would agree. BTW: wasn't Sutheb part of the Government from 2006 to 2010? Why did he not initiate reforms then? Taksin was by then already 15 years in power.My take: Sutheb failed then he will fail today. I do have a different view of the current events that I compare with what I have seeing and experienced in all those years I am on this planet. Just look back at all we have seeing in Europe, USA, GB during the '60s and '70S. Different cultures may differ in some aspects of what Democracy is and how it should be applied to the respective culture. I can agree with that as there is no such thing like a "democracy fits all". But one thing all forms of democracy has in common - and that is the core of the idea - is "to vote". Any form of unelected Government is NON Democratic.Further I can't get rid of the thought that what happen right here and now is nothing then a form of frustration by the Democratic Party combined with hate. The frustrating part of and for the DP is that they have not being able to win any vote since 1992. They are so hungry to be the Government but can't reach it with "legal" means. And please don't argue now that PT is paying money for your vote. You really think the DP is not doing this? You must be blind on both eyes and having a shut mind if you would. Sutheb has not the guts to go to the poll because he has not the guts to sit at one table with all other parties and talk. When I was a kid, I had to learn to argue and defend myself with words. I was raised and taught through life experience that discussions, debating yes even quarreling is the only true solution to any problems. That is what we call Social Competence - and Sutheb is lacking this part clearly. I more and more have the feeling Sutheb "must" keep this demonstration going for several reasons. [1] he has past the point of no return. I often have the feeling he doesn't know what is next and threatening to kidnap a PM is a sign too. [2] the demonstrators are his protection. Would they go home he is vulnerable to be arrested without consequences to possible riots. I even heard that he could be killed (by who ever). [3] It's nothing than a show of power struggle on the back of people who honestly want a better country but get misled. But he is keeping them hostage with some disillusioned thoughts.
The arrogant yellows have nothing but contempt to offer. For them, the rural Thais are subhumans, not really worth of anything.
As long you call Norther Thai "Buffalo" you can't find a common sense. In contrast; yesterday afternoon I saw in front of Central World an Audi R8 sports car unloading goods for one of the "market boots". So it seems good business. BTW: I went around some places and found it rather funny how easy it was to cross "intersections that seemed to be "shut down and impassable". Motorbikes and in some place even cars could pass with no hindrance. UPDATE: I forgot to remark regarding the elections. Would the DP have spend all that money (around 10 million BT per day) into a professional campaign, they could give the PT a bloody nose if not win. Another reason to assume "democratic changes" is not the agenda Usually I am a silent reader here but thought to give my 2c today
From 2006? Thaksin wasn't deposed until September 2006, and Abhisit didn't form a government until the end of 2008, so Suthep was hardly in government from 2006. And where did the 15 years of power for Thaksin come from? He was PM from 2001 until 2006. And we are in Thailand, where every politician and his dog is corrupt, and will be until the old guard retire disgracefully and allow new blood - preferably untainted - into power.
Just because thaksin wasn't PM doesn't mean he wasn't pulling the strings .. thaksin says phuthai does.. Yingluck is my clone ... I'm yinglucks caddy etc etc etc Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just because thaksin wasn't PM doesn't mean he wasn't pulling the strings .. thaksin says phuthai does.

. Yingluck is my clone ... I'm yinglucks caddy etc etc etc

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'd also add, former-PM Samak & PPP campaigned in December-2007 on "a vote for us is a vote for Thaksin !", and that party was then coalition-government-leader for a year.

Thaksinista governments have been in-power, for nine-or-so years since 2001, so in-fairness they have to carry some responsibility, for the heightened-corruption & continued-failings in education, but most-of-all for the nepotism which continues to be a major factor in Thai-politics, to the surprise of many of us farang observers.

For a family who, according to dear Yingluck, only want "peace, not to be in-power", they surely do spend an awful lot of time in-power. wink.png

• Like 1

If PT win (which of course they will) then they should be the ones running the country, no question. The problem that's happened, the Government abused its position in a huge way. So reforms are needed before an election can come about again.

What exactly are those reforms needed? Compared to decades old nepotism under the yellow rule for the Bangkok elite, the reds have not abused their position anywhere near of their level! The same group of Bangkok elite families are still running the show more or less.

They only bitch about not being the top dog anymore and about the rural Thais having actually power to oppose them! It is so outrageous...!

Please let me know when the Yellows did rule for decades? I need to go back till 1986 to see anything that could be remotely yellow.....

Thaksin

Banharn

Chavalit

?????

Surly you jest???

Errr Who was the PM before YL? that would be Mark,,, Who voted for him to be PM??? NOT THE PEOPLE by general election, Why do you think that the red shirts get so pissed off? BECAUSE every time they get their government elected, the Dem's and Suthep dont like it so again try to throw out the government and again put their unelected man in, You'd think that so-called intelligent people would understand and win the people rather that steal government from the peoplew00t.gif not that hard really...............

Don't cheat with the facts

Abhisit was elected by his constituents

Yingluck was picked because of her brother.

Democratic? My rectum!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

When the Thai electorate elected the current government they did so in the clear knowledge that Yingluck was the Pheu Thau candidate for Prime Minister.

In the previous election Abhisit was the equally clear Democrat candidate for Prime Minister. He was rejected by the electorate.That he ended up as Prime Minister was due to a process which could be at the very least be described as facilitated by groups outside the electoral or democratic process. He had no electoral mandate to be the Prime Minister.

I rather suspect (wearily and cynically) that the current crisis will eventually end the same way, with Abhisit installed as Prime Minister. It will possibly be the least violent result, but will be no solution, and will only kick the can down the road, for how long remains to be seen.

" When the Thai electorate elected the current government they did so in the clear knowledge that Yingluck was the Pheu Thau candidate for Prime Minister."

Rubbish. She wasn't selected until after.

• Like 1

The problem for the anti-everything protesters is that more and more voters will turn to Yingluck because she is the only one sending peaceful messages.

Also, whatever dirty trick or accusation her opponents come up with, she still stays as charming as ever and the people love her.

Thaksin or no Thaksin does not make a difference. She will be reelected.

That is what enrages the Dems and Suthep :)

Honestly, if it was not for the hate of only one man, nobody would even listen to Suthep. I am surprised the Bangkok middle class lets itself fool by a dark skin southerner.

Anyway, Suthep better make so that there is no election because the people's voice (not Suthep's minority "people") will certainly rebuff him and all his thugs...

Thailand wants Yingluck :)

Sent from my iPhone...

Agree but some set up has to happen sometime, whether these can be hand picked by you know who, We have to start from the very top--yes get my drift ???

think we'd all like that but where would they build all the prisons to hold them ?

Suthep is desperate to prevent Thais from voting on February 2nd, because if they do, everyone will see what a small minority he and his supporters really have. If over 10 million Thais come out and vote for Yingluck, as they did in the last election, his chances at making a power grab will be ruined and finished.

He will do everything to bring Thailand to the brink of civil war to prevent the February 2nd election from happening.

• Like 1

Maybe you should get a reality check Yingluck, seems more like your opponents want to oust you and your family from this country than by voting.

A small minority wants to oust a government elected by a majority.

It doesn't work that way, my friend. Maybe 200 or 300 years ago, but not these days. Maybe it's time for the Democrats and their supporters to move into the 21st century and stop living in the past. Maybe they could then even win an election for a change.

Edited by jackrich
  • Like 2

The catchy word seems to be "reform" and in this case here "democracy". I wonder since quite a while how many farangs are talking in favor of Sutheb. He is just a useful tool for most of the Democratic Party. How does that match democracy and unelected Government? Maybe only an old Communist Party member or Dictator would agree.

BTW: wasn't Sutheb part of the Government from 2006 to 2010? Why did he not initiate reforms then? Taksin was by then already 15 years in power.

I do have a different view of the current events that I compare with what I have seeing and experienced in all those years I am on this planet. Just look back at all we have seeing in Europe, USA, GB during the '60s and '70S. Different cultures may differ in some aspects of what Democracy is and how it should be applied to the respective culture. I can agree with that as there is no such thing like a "democracy fits all". But one thing all forms of democracy has in common - and that is the core of the idea - is "to vote". Any form of unelected Government is NON Democratic.

Further I can't get rid of the thought that what happen right here and now is nothing then a form of frustration by the Democratic Party combined with hate. The frustrating part of and for the DP is that they have not being able to win any vote since 1992. They are so hungry to be the Government but can't reach it with "legal" means. And please don't argue now that PT is paying money for your vote. You really think the DP is not doing this? You must be blind on both eyes and having a shut mind if you would.

Sutheb has not the guts to go to the poll because he has not the guts to sit at one table with all other parties and talk. When I was a kid, I had to learn to argue and defend myself with words. I was raised and taught through life experience that discussions, debating yes even quarreling is the only true solution to any problems. That is what we call Social Competence - and Sutheb is lacking this part clearly.

I more and more have the feeling Sutheb "must" keep this demonstration going for several reasons. [1] he has past the point of no return. I often have the feeling he doesn't know what is next and threatening to kidnap a PM is a sign too. [2] the demonstrators are his protection. Would they go home he is vulnerable to be arrested without consequences to possible riots. I even heard that he could be killed (by who ever). [3] It's nothing than a show of power struggle on the back of people who honestly want a better country but get misled. But he is keeping them hostage with some disillusioned thoughts.

As long you call Norther Thai "Buffalo" you can't find a common sense. In contrast; yesterday afternoon I saw in front of Central World an Audi R8 sports car unloading goods for one of the "market boots". So it seems good business.

BTW: I went around some places and found it rather funny how easy it was to cross "intersections that seemed to be "shut down and impassable". Motorbikes and in some place even cars could pass with no hindrance.

UPDATE: I forgot to remark regarding the elections. Would the DP have spend all that money (around 10 million BT per day) into a professional campaign, they could give the PT a bloody nose if not win. Another reason to assume "democratic changes" is not the agenda

Correct, Taksin was not in power from 1992 but the PT.

Regarding Sutheb I said that he was part of the Government. So even when he joined from 2008 he had sufficient time to initiate reforms. But alas he was too busy ordering security to shoot live amo at protestors.

Maybe you should get a reality check Yingluck, seems more like your opponents want to oust you and your family from this country than by voting.

A small minority wants to oust a government elected by a majority.

It doesn't work that way, my friend. Maybe 200 or 300 years ago, but not these days. Maybe it's time for the Democrats and their supporters to move into the 21st century and stop living in the past. Maybe they could then even win an election for a change.

It wasn't a majority that voted for Phua Thai. Out of 32million people 15 million voted Phua Thai .. that's 32million out of 70 million Thai. And 44million are eligible to vote.. so no majority.

Regarding Sutheb I said that he was part of the Government. So even when he joined from 2008 he had sufficient time to initiate reforms. But alas he was too busy ordering security to shoot live amo at protestors.

Suthep was deputy pm. Abhisit was pm. And the Democrats did reform education and medical. All in 18months while having red shirt protests pretty much the whole time.

Suthep is desperate to prevent Thais from voting on February 2nd, because if they do, everyone will see what a small minority he and his supporters really have. If over 10 million Thais come out and vote for Yingluck, as they did in the last election, his chances at making a power grab will be ruined and finished.

He will do everything to bring Thailand to the brink of civil war to prevent the February 2nd election from happening.

I think because of the recent actions of the Democrats and K. Suthep (they have spectacularly miscalculated again - just like their campaign in 2011.)

With all the problems of the rice scheme and payments taken into account, I think Pheu Thai will actually increase their vote a small amount from the 15 odd million last election to 16 million this time. The press here frequently fails to reflect the actual feelings of the people - in social media, only pantip comes close.

• Like 1

Suthep was deputy pm. Abhisit was pm. And the Democrats did reform education and medical. All in 18months while having red shirt protests pretty much the whole time.

So corruption was not on his agenda.

Do you suggest corruption had a lower priority or did not exist during his time? So what's the big fuse now with all the demos? (scratchingmyhead)

How can that make any sense if the Dems aren't participating?

How can that make any sense if the Dems aren't participating?

Because a coup is what they all want and just like the last time a coup will almost certainly result in the reins being handed to the dems after a period.

By all means follow which ever point of view you wish but please dont tell me the Dems arnt along with Suthep, the army and a goodly number of other elite controlled institutions arn't trying by any means to further their own agenda, nothing to do with democracy or the people.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

When the Thai electorate elected the current government they did so in the clear knowledge that Yingluck was the Pheu Thau candidate for Prime Minister.

In the previous election Abhisit was the equally clear Democrat candidate for Prime Minister. He was rejected by the electorate.That he ended up as Prime Minister was due to a process which could be at the very least be described as facilitated by groups outside the electoral or democratic process. He had no electoral mandate to be the Prime Minister.

I rather suspect (wearily and cynically) that the current crisis will eventually end the same way, with Abhisit installed as Prime Minister. It will possibly be the least violent result, but will be no solution, and will only kick the can down the road, for how long remains to be seen.

" When the Thai electorate elected the current government they did so in the clear knowledge that Yingluck was the Pheu Thau candidate for Prime Minister."

So Yinglucks selection as Prime Minister came as a complete surprise to all those millions who voted for Pheu Thai?

What an extrordinary thing to believe!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

So Yinglucks selection as Prime Minister came as a complete surprise to all those millions who voted for Pheu Thai?

What an extrordinary thing to believe!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Of course the Thai electorate knew she would be Prime Minister. The number 1 on the party list of the winning party is always chosen for Prime Minister, and she was number1 on her party's list.

Since only less than 20% of Bangkok people support the anti-democracy protests of insane Suthep, he of course has zero chance to succeed.

And if you take the paid southerners out of the game... well, he will be very lonely.

No chance for them to evict Yingluck in the election, that is a sure thing :lol:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Since only less than 20% of Bangkok people support the anti-democracy protests of insane Suthep, he of course has zero chance to succeed.

And if you take the paid southerners out of the game... well, he will be very lonely.

No chance for them to evict Yingluck in the election, that is a sure thing laugh.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

More chance maybe to get her evicted through the courts--Fair and proper- her record for transparency is abysmal. Her leadership abysmal. Get this court action up and ready a.s.a.p. not forgetting anyone else who qualifies for jail term.