Tourist agency launches new slogan for Thailand: Amazing Thailand. It begins with the people

webfact

I know a lot of posters think Thaivisa is the place to bag out Thailand and Thai people, but i have found the majority of people here are very helpful, I have been bogged a couple of times in the local market parking ground, and with out asking six or more guys rush to help me get out trouble, also had help loading and unloading heavy items with my girl friend and had complete strangers jump in to help.

I had a gang of workmen do a complete reno on my condo and they were very polite and helpful and very good all round tradesmen, when buying the materials needed for the reno I was impressed with the service I got from the stores I visited except one granite supplier who wanted a fee of 1000 bht to come and measure the job, we live 10 mins from his shop I of course politely declined his kind offer.

Perhaps I have not been here long enough to get jaded or old enough to be a grumpy old fart, but I kind of like the place and the people

• Like 2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of posters think Thaivisa is the place to bag out Thailand and Thai people, but i have found the majority of people here are very helpful, I have been bogged a couple of times in the local market parking ground, and with out asking six or more guys rush to help me get out trouble, also had help loading and unloading heavy items with my girl friend and had complete strangers jump in to help.

I had a gang of workmen do a complete reno on my condo and they were very polite and helpful and very good all round tradesmen, when buying the materials needed for the reno I was impressed with the service I got from the stores I visited except one granite supplier who wanted a fee of 1000 bht to come and measure the job, we live 10 mins from his shop I of course politely declined his kind offer.

Perhaps I have not been here long enough to get jaded or old enough to be a grumpy old fart, but I kind of like the place and the people

Stop being a silly young fart........not many tourists will be renovating a condo or buying granite. This thread is about TAT's latest loony slogan, and the people that most tourists encounter are far from the ideal that you paint.

So, they have finally realised that most of Thailand's natural beauty has been ruined so it's time to change their tack.

And who are responsible for the overdevelopment and the eyesores that now appear in many areas of natural beauty? Yes, the Thai people.

So the slogan is correct in more ways than one.

• Like 2

Amazing Thailand. It Begins with the People...

I think TAT's crying out for help to complete this sentence. Any takers?

...Amazing Thailand. It begins with the people........and.....ends......with.........ripoffs,scams,riots, protests. machete attacks, corruption, pollution........

• Like 1

Stop being a silly young fart........not many tourists will be renovating a condo or buying granite. This thread is about TAT's latest loony slogan, and the people that most tourists encounter are far from the ideal that you paint.

I read many comments about guys travelling to LOS & not wanting to leave...ever.

How desperate are these people? Now is not the time to be encouraging visitors to Thailand, there are bombs and grenades and what not going off let's give it a rest TAT, accept your losses and let visitors choose other destinations for the time being. In business sometimes there are losses...just accept it. I know a number of people who are too scared to come to Thailand even though they were previously regular visitors, they are from various countries including the USA and Vietnam.

For what other reason are we here ?Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

because we are all cheapscates looking for cheap thrills and Thailand offers this daily. All you need to do is look at the stupidity of the government

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

The slogans have been getting more lame, tame and leftish since Toxin arrived on the scene.

Unseen Thailand?thumbsup.gif

Amazing Thailand smile.png

It begins with the people??? Which ones the Thais or or the Tourists?!

Edited by JimsKnight