Probe into PM Yingluck will be comprehensive

Lite Beer

I feel sorry for her really. This was never her idea. Put up to it by her brother and thug mates.

This will be with her for the rest of her life. We all know how Thais feel about food. Especially rice!!

Did you see the crocodile tears and smirk performances?

I originally liked her, but it soon became obvious she is just a front, does as told, as no real interest, and skives off her duties as much as possible. Add to that the lies, even early on in her tenure (remember the 'my helicopter can't fly at night) and you you see the real character. The way she shoved her son in front of other kids to walk out with Chelsea, pushing some out at the last minute regardless of their feelings, demonstrates how family focused they are.

And clowns on here think that she actually runs the government and PTP have the peoples interests at heat!

The NACC probe into Shin corruption is overdue. Let's hope they have more teeth than the poor Ombudsman who's been waiting over 2 years for an answer.

If you're repulsed by the corruption practiced by elected governments of Thailand, wait till you see what a dictatorship established by the Old Guard will do.

In nine months time the Chief of Army, Gen Prayuth, is up for replacement. If the caretaker Gov't controls that assignment of a new Army head we could well have a whole new kind of Democracy that even publicus wont like.

The army is adrift from being battered at home by the forces of radical change and from abroad by the democracies of the world, and deservedly so.

The army learned during its 18 months rule after the September 2006 coup that, as the generals of the 1991 coup had learned, but more so in 2006-07, both Thai society and the world had changed, that generals know nothing of governing a nation in the globalized world of international finance and human rights - that, accordingly, the days of military rule of a modern nation state were over and ended for good.

A major motivating factor of the September 2006 coup was that Thaksin as PM was going to seriously re-form the military on the occasion of the annual military command changes of October 1st 2006. Thaksin had been going to assert civilian control of the military, for better and for worse in Thaksin's Thailand as it had been then.

When this government is reelected February 2nd, the days of military control over the civil government authority in Thailand will be ended, over, finished, gone. The old guard and its supporters can trot out bogey men here, there, everywhere, but bogey men don't change the reality of real people making real government policy in Thailand in the midst of an era of radical political and socioeconomic change and progress.

Some things are worth saluting.

• Like 1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm saying (please pay attention) that corruption is not the cause of the current conflict.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

But corruption, as now being charged, may well be the downfall of this corrupt government rather than the current conflict which appears to be headed for a stalemate. Won't it be delicious when the downfall of a government through corruption charges then leads to reform.

JR - Jayboy wants to persuade (notice the condescending "pay attention") that this conflict has been really created by parties wishing to undermine and discredit a democratically elected government. remove said government before its term of office expires and replace it. Read his posts over the last few months. All about diversion and contextualizing things in a way that supports PTP as a democratically elected government under attack from reactionary elements.

However, this could be contextualized differently. It could be that PTP brought all these elements together by their own actions. Cheating the parliamentary system, openly defying the courts, browbeating the EC with threats of imprisonment, refusing to answer the Ombudsman's questions about illegal actions, refusing to reveal details about the rice scheme losses and G2G orders, etc etc. They have openly tried to take on the Constitutional Court and EC and now it would appear they have to take on the NACC. PTP have tried to bully judges and EC commissioners to get their own way and one wonders if they will try the same tactic with the NACC.

The attempt to ram through a contentious Amnesty Bill which was blatantly engineered to whitewash the convicted criminal Thaksin from his fraud conviction and other serious outstanding criminal charges was the spark that caused the current conflict as large numbers of a vast cross section of Thai society were rightly appalled at the aim and way it was carried out. No doubt the mass protests it provoked have subsequently been hijacked by those with their own agenda. But, again PTP brought this on themselves. Lying about not whitewashing their boss until the last minute, then trying to steamroller it through. Hardly the actions of a democratic government.

Publicus, uses the analogy of crime families fighting for control of the turf and its spoils. I've also use this on previous threads and it sums the current struggle up.

The losers will be the Thai people, until real reforms take place.

• Like 1

Publicus, re: "When this government is reelected February 2nd, the days of military control over the civil government authority in Thailand will be ended, over, finished, gone."

I don't know your sources for this, but I hope you're right.

This country so needs to rely on the judgement of the majority of the people. It seems to me that the advantages of democratic elections combined with a free press are that they help to put right wrongs. So if it turns out that certain politicians have done wrong and paid bribes or gained through corruption, then they will be exposed, maybe, and such politicians will get fewer votes. Democracy is a kind of self-righting mechanism. But in Thailand the problem is that people like Suthep have always thought themselves to be above the electorate.

No, I'm saying (please pay attention) that corruption is not the cause of the current conflict.

But corruption, as now being charged, may well be the downfall of this corrupt government rather than the current conflict which appears to be headed for a stalemate. Won't it be delicious when the downfall of a government through corruption charges then leads to reform.

JR - Jayboy wants to persuade (notice the condescending "pay attention") that this conflict has been really created by parties wishing to undermine and discredit a democratically elected government. remove said government before its term of office expires and replace it. Read his posts over the last few months. All about diversion and contextualizing things in a way that supports PTP as a democratically elected government under attack from reactionary elements.

However, this could be contextualized differently. It could be that PTP brought all these elements together by their own actions. Cheating the parliamentary system, openly defying the courts, browbeating the EC with threats of imprisonment, refusing to answer the Ombudsman's questions about illegal actions, refusing to reveal details about the rice scheme losses and G2G orders, etc etc. They have openly tried to take on the Constitutional Court and EC and now it would appear they have to take on the NACC. PTP have tried to bully judges and EC commissioners to get their own way and one wonders if they will try the same tactic with the NACC.

The attempt to ram through a contentious Amnesty Bill which was blatantly engineered to whitewash the convicted criminal Thaksin from his fraud conviction and other serious outstanding criminal charges was the spark that caused the current conflict as large numbers of a vast cross section of Thai society were rightly appalled at the aim and way it was carried out. No doubt the mass protests it provoked have subsequently been hijacked by those with their own agenda. But, again PTP brought this on themselves. Lying about not whitewashing their boss until the last minute, then trying to steamroller it through. Hardly the actions of a democratic government.

Publicus, uses the analogy of crime families fighting for control of the turf and its spoils. I've also use this on previous threads and it sums the current struggle up.

I'd suggest that if you turn yourself in the opposite direction, you might get nearer to the truth.

If Yingluck and the Shinewatras were controlling everything in Thailand, why would she and her ministers have to hide away while Suthep had/has free range, setting up stages across Bangkok, able to say whatever he wants, insurrection though it be, even to the point of advocating the kidnapping of government ministers? Why was this not stopped? I can't guess.

Some have suggested that Suthep has the support of some quite powerful group. Who knows?

I'd suggest that if you turn yourself in the opposite direction, you might get nearer to the truth.

If Yingluck and the Shinewatras were controlling everything in Thailand, why would she and her ministers have to hide away while Suthep had/has free range, setting up stages across Bangkok, able to say whatever he wants, insurrection though it be, even to the point of advocating the kidnapping of government ministers? Why was this not stopped? I can't guess.

Some have suggested that Suthep has the support of some quite powerful group. Who knows?

Maybe because no one wants to see mayhem and death on the streets again. Especially the Army .. or maybe like in 2010 the police are just a bunch of useless <deleted>...or both!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker