Is it just me - or is there something a little sinister about the "Official" whistles?

Kinnock

Yep, fascist symbolism for sure. Given the worldly sophistication and awareness of global history of their leadership I'd have to agree this is intentional, a coded message as to their intentions.

OK ..... good point. It's just me showing my age.

Yep, fascist symbolism for sure. Given the worldly sophistication and awareness of global history of their leadership I'd have to agree this is intentional, a coded message as to their intentions.

You thought I was being sarcastic? Interesting. . .

You thought I was being sarcastic? Interesting. . .

Oh ..... really - I'm not that clued up on the real leadership - but that's quite worrying.

Not really, can't see anyone getting such an effective degree of coordinated efficient organization going here no matter their theoretical ideology.

And not as if most countries claiming to be liberal democracies in the world are much of either these days in practice.

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

I visited one of the sites for the first time tonight - and it looked and sounded like propaganda and mob rule to me. There's some parallels even if the whistle design was an unfortunate accident.

You of course speak an understand Thai so you will be telling EXACTLY what was being said ?..

whistling.gif

I visited one of the sites for the first time tonight - and it looked and sounded like propaganda and mob rule to me. There's some parallels even if the whistle design was an unfortunate accident.

You of course speak an understand Thai so you will be telling EXACTLY what was being said ?..

xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.RBppOEA-hT.w alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

My Thai is better than your written English.

Delighted to hear that !

My Apologies for the typo.

We are awaiting your verbatim interpretation of what was said at the "site" attended tonight !

Quick

• Like 1

is there something a little sinister about the "Official" whistles?

You mean the Cap'n Crunch official whistle or the Dragnet official whistle ?

$_35.JPG

The time to worry is when they issue the official secret decoder rings.

box678.jpg

Is it just me

No, there are plenty of paranoid people with too much time on their hands.

• Like 2

good move but they really need to have a govt issued license before they are allowed in public and to be in contact with the mouth. you never know what germs might be caught. serious health issue bordering on pandemic may result. legislation needs to be enacted .

I <deleted> hate the damn whistles. Security guards are annoying enough - why add to the noise? The hand clappers or foot clappers were tolerable, but Thailand does not need a thousand people blowing whistles at high decibels.

I went to survey a couple sites with a mate and couldn't stand the whistle noise. I left after 5 minutes. I guess it is worst when they are parading or when there are speakers on stage rallying folks.

I <deleted> hate the dam_n whistles. Security guards are annoying enough - why add to the noise? The hand clappers or foot clappers were tolerable, but Thailand does not need a thousand people blowing whistles at high decibels.

I went to survey a couple sites with a mate and couldn't stand the whistle noise. I left after 5 minutes. I guess it is worst when they are parading or when there are speakers on stage rallying folks.

Could be worse:

799px-Vuvuzelas_1.jpg

• Like 1

More disturbing would be rhetoric advocating ethic(non-Thai) cleansing, dissolving elected governments in favor of non-elected "panels", "reforms" without consensus - the 'decorations', medals, awards, elitist group memberships try to give an 'impression' of stability.

Policy In General Regarding Thailand Election/Political Discussions

As a result of the great increase in posts about politics in Thailand, we are requesting that members keep political discussion confined to threads already open in the Thailand News Forum.
Non-political topics in General which are hijacked with political arguments will see posts removed without further notice.

Members who cannot comply with our request will risk a posting suspension.

Thanks for your understanding and participation on Thaivisa.

Thaivisa moderating team