Dozens injured in grenade attack in central Bangkok

webfact

What's wrong with speculating? is it harming anyone?

Thammasat Massacre, unkonown number murdered because of the speculation of who was supposed to be represented in a photograph.

I don't think that anyone on TVF is capable of taking any action against anyone because of our speculation. As such, I fail to see that people trying to make their own objective conclusions about a very serious situation is harmful. In my opinion, the more people that attempt to objectively analyze a situation provides more clarity than confusion. People all over the world are held accountable for their actions through the use of videos. Videos are politically neutral and are more reliable than eyewitness accounts. As long as people are polite and courteous in making their own observations it should not be condemned - it should be encouraged.

As long as people are polite and courteous in making their own observations it should not be condemned - it should be encouraged.

Thngs like claiming as a fact that the video shows a Yellow Shirt throwing a grenade from the pick-up should be encouraged?

Or Suthep's claim that the government ordered the attack?

Those things are obvious attempts at misinformation in pursue of a political agenda, this beheaviour NEEDS to be exposed, condemned and rebuted.

• Like 1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thammasat Massacre, unkonown number murdered because of the speculation of who was supposed to be represented in a photograph.

I don't think that anyone on TVF is capable of taking any action against anyone because of our speculation. As such, I fail to see that people trying to make their own objective conclusions about a very serious situation is harmful. In my opinion, the more people that attempt to objectively analyze a situation provides more clarity than confusion. People all over the world are held accountable for their actions through the use of videos. Videos are politically neutral and are more reliable than eyewitness accounts. As long as people are polite and courteous in making their own observations it should not be condemned - it should be encouraged.

As long as people are polite and courteous in making their own observations it should not be condemned - it should be encouraged.

Thngs like claiming as a fact that the video shows a Yellow Shirt throwing a grenade from the pick-up should be encouraged?

Those things are obvious attempts at misinformation in pursue of a political agenda, this beheaviour NEEDS to be exposed, condemned and rebuted.

If one observes something in a video, it does not establish 'why' a person did it - does it? It only produces a fact that needs to be subject to further investigation. Bangkok Post is now reporting that a vast majority of Thais think it was the work of a 'third party'. Should polls be discouraged to discover the perceptions of the public or their support for a particular point of view? Your accusations against people about 'misinformation' lack any substance because I know you don't know me or what my motivations are. As such, why is your 'speculation' superior to mine? Just a humble observation.

If one observes something in a video, it does not establish 'why' a person did it - does it? It only produces a fact that needs to be subject to further investigation. Bangkok Post is now reporting that a vast majority of Thais think it was the work of a 'third party'. Should polls be discouraged to discover the perceptions of the public or their support for a particular point of view? Your accusations against people about 'misinformation' lack any substance because I know you don't know me or what my motivations are. As such, why is your 'speculation' superior to mine? Just a humble observation.

I gave two clear examples of misinformation, I didn't include you in either.

Someone in this threads calimed, as a fact, of seeing on that video a Yellow Shirt, wipe the grenade with a towel to remove his fingerprints before tossing it out of the vehicle window, of course as a false flag attack to bring in a coup and what not. That does NOT fall in the "If one observes something in a video, it does not establish 'why' a person did it" cathegory.

And yes, if you would be speculating that someone will drop a grenade in their immediate vecinity to fake an attack by someone else, you can be darn sure that my "speculation" that such scenario is bonkers is far superior to yours.

Edited by AleG
  • Like 1

Someone in this threads calimed, as a fact, of seeing on that video a Yellow Shirt, wipe the grenade with a towel to remove his fingerprints before tossing it out of the vehicle window, of course as a false flag attack to bring in a coup and what not. That does NOT fall in the "If one observes something in a video, it does not establish 'why' a person did it" cathegory.

And yes, if you would be speculating that someone will drop a grenade in their immediate vecinity to fake an attack by someone else, you can be darn sure that my "speculation" that such scenario is bonkers is far superior to yours.

I guess this is where you and I would part company because there are endless possibilities. For me, a person making an observation that a 'yellow' shirt did this or that is speculating on a political affiliation just because of where they were at the time. Could have been a yellow-shirt who accepted a large bribe and succumbed to his/her greed. Could have been a red-shirt infiltrator. Could have been a 'third' party. Could have been a crazed person with his/her own personal vendetta. And given the amount of 'suicide' bombers in the world today who are zealots to a 'cause', why isn't it possible that a person would put his/herself in harm's way to commit a violent political act? In the last analysis, I do believe that video evidence will establish who was responsible but we may never know why he/she did it.

I guess this is where you and I would part company because there are endless possibilities. For me, a person making an observation that a 'yellow' shirt did this or that is speculating on a political affiliation just because of where they were at the time. Could have been a yellow-shirt who accepted a large bribe and succumbed to his/her greed. Could have been a red-shirt infiltrator. Could have been a 'third' party. Could have been a crazed person with his/her own personal vendetta. And given the amount of 'suicide' bombers in the world today who are zealots to a 'cause', why isn't it possible that a person would put his/herself in harm's way to commit a violent political act? In the last analysis, I do believe that video evidence will establish who was responsible but we may never know why he/she did it.

Oh, yes, suicide bombers, right.

sigh....

When the site is full of people pointing the finger and inventing things that they declare as facts then they have overstepped the boundaries. You included.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Think I saw the Protester that died on Live TV coverage on Blue Sky moments after after the Grenade Exploded.

At the time, I did not know there had been an explosion. Just people were seen running or walking quicly.

Then I did see someone in a white or light gray colord shirt with blood stains on his left upper chest walking away. The guy appeard confused not knowing what to do and looking for help.

It is too bad the Protest Guards and some Protesters went inside the shop house compound which was fenced instead of sealing off the entire area and wait for the Police and Military Search the area inside the fences. There would have been a better chance of catching the Culprit(s).

But we know hos it is here. Hot Headed instead of doing things correctly.

Condolences to the family of the Protester Killed

When the site is full of people pointing the finger and inventing things that they declare as facts then they have overstepped the boundaries. You included.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I continue to be amazed at the number of people on TVF that have trouble interpreting simple English sentences and then can only resort to personal attacks. Good thing I have the neutral moderators to protect me from the TVF vigilante squad. Have a good day, folks. Four more injured at Victory Monument. The violence continues.

CAPO confirms the grenade was thrown from within the crowd, not from builing

The same CAPO that denied police officers attacked people on a car?

The one run by Thaksin´s cousin in law?

Why, they sound credible to me!

• Like 1

Why would he be in hospital? visiting the sick and injured? when he ran out of that vehicle, he didn't show any signs of injuries, that's not to say he didn't have any shrapnel wounds, it is entirely plausable, but "speculators" seem to be pretty accurate in quite a few of their observations.
Maybe the CAPO has been reading all this and though, " <deleted> me, these guys might just be onto somthing here, and the fact that my cops coudn't find a donut in a box, this could get me off the hook!! " tongue.png

CAPO confirms the grenade was thrown from within the crowd, not from builing

Sorry man..you have to make up your mind!

All the protesters (and the supporters) complain, police is not doing their work.

If they do and come with something...they are flawed because of this or that...

Loose loose situation, me thinks

Sorry man..you have to make up your mind!

All the protesters (and the supporters) complain, police is not doing their work.

If they do and come with something...they are flawed because of this or that...

Loose loose situation, me thinks

Do you believe the CAPO is an impartial player in this?

I have already pointed at the egregious case of CAPO blatantly lying about the policemen assaulting a car and it's occupants blaming it on protesters dressed up as police.

• Like 1