Google spam/malware

samtam

Try updating your AntiVirus, Malwarebytes, CCleaner or other favorite pest control software.

It looks related to this:

http://malwarefixes.com/exclusiverewards-consession-com-virus-removal-steps/

exclusiverewards.consession.com is a home to an advertising platform that intends to display excessive ads on the computer. It targets known browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Some security programs identify this threat as an adware due to its main payload of adding its code into shareware plus ad-related functions.

Normally, adware like exclusiverewards.consession.com are wrapped to third-party programs that are offered on some download web site. Downloading and installing the program likewise installs the adware without seeking for user’s approval. Although exclusiverewards.consession.com focuses on serving ads, no one can assure that it will not exceed this function. You must be aware that in order for an adware to display ads within user’s interest, it needs to collect data on the computer. It also records browsing habit and keywords while you are doing online search.

According to computer user’s that was attack by exclusiverewards.consession.com virus, the page pop-up several times when any link is clicked. On Chrome and Firefox, exclusiverewards.consession.com new window will open even without user’s command. Pop-up normally display full page ads coming from various URL of the said domain like http://6djzz.exclusiverewards.consession.com/home.html. This only proves that it tries to evade security programs by projecting random ads from several addresses.

I'm just guessing from the '.exclusiverewards.' bit that it's related and has a similar if not same removal instructions.

Most of this garbage is repackaged into and installed with software downloaded from the net. I recently installed a GOMplayer update on my PC and days later I noticed unwanted ads and popup screens. The software had the same datestamp as the GOMplayer install.

The world is very lucky I don't have the attitude and the arsenal to go ballistic on the people who make and support this stuff.

• Like 1