Two explosions rock Bangkok, Victory Monument and Rajvith Hospital

george

I dont see any discounted flights to bangkok from europe because of the shutdowns bombing etc.

Hang in there, when the tanks roll in the prices might drop. thumbsup.gif

I don't know recent Thai history that well to know if you're being over-dramatic or not. Anybody want to save me some google time?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

okay it now seems you not read mine and my thai wife's posting

she does not, and never has liked Suthep

so you posting is totally incorrect

If you take the time to read our posts you will see that she is protesting again the taskin problem

and Suthep is a spear head being used

there is no way he will be allowed to take power in Thailand, no matter how much you want to believe he will

I have now lived in Thailand for the last 10 years

have a family here

pay taxes here with a large company that I run

But still understand I have no say in Thai politics, I just bend with the wind

Are you saying that you feel you are not allowed to have an opinion here, so you just latch on to your wife's opinion? You feel you can't have a different opinion as your wife? Whew!

Again for the 100th time

Every one has the right to an opinion

In most times my opinion is not the same as my thai wife

Opinions to a Thai mean nothing unless you are Thai

so if you want to survive here bend in the wind

you will go crazy if you try to argue with Thai Logic

Different time and different problem ...its 2014 now and this PM was elected by the people.

In 2010, I was living in BKK .....the REDS DID get nasty when the government (headed by an UN-ELECTED PM) starting shooting the peaceful demonstrators.

Apples and Oranges.

It seems you're another one that doesn't know how the parliamentary system works.

It seems every thing has now changed

According to a news paper article to day, that I am not allowed to link to says

!!!!!! Yingluck has agreed to remove her self as the PM and allow the election to be postponed !!!!!

as long as the protest is ended

So if this is true and not a lie from The PM, every member writing to this topic now must agree

Its over

My wife and all her friend are coming home

But if she is telling a lie

Then again all members of Thai Visa must agree this Caretaker government have no right to govern Thailand any more

So lets see over the next few days who is at fault

!!!!!! Yingluck has agreed to remove her self as the PM and allow the election to be postponed !!!!!

So if this is true and not a lie from The PM, every member writing to this topic now must agree

Its over

Then again all members of Thai Visa must agree this Caretaker government have no right to govern Thailand any more

What is the title of the article in the other paper? I thought it would have been the main headline.

• Like 1

You accuse PTP for being corrupt even though Suthep and the people he takes orders from are even worse. Then you have the audacity to accuse us of being hypocrites.

I have now found some one who believe the PTP are not corrupt

My god my friend what time did you plane land

please read some of the past postings

you have a godd educations right here in Thai Visa

Chill my freind, the man was just stating that there is corruption everywhere and like many of us dosn't believe for one second Suthep wants a fair reform with his peoples council of China.

Remember not one name has been put forward not any plan of solutions just rhetoric. To many of us it is just another elite ploy to gain control.

Worry about your wife of course we all would, it is not for me to say but mine would already be on the way home now its gotten dangerous, id have put my foot down at that point its not worth the risk and shes already done her part.Trust me your wife will respect you just as much

End of the day the corruption is only about money and power and itll always be here, you wont be able to replace a gem like you obviously consider your wife to be.

Let people view their opinions without calling for them to go home.

I view this country purely not my own simply because they wont let us become a citizen unlike my own where my Thai family are accepted and do have. I do not however let it stop me taking a strong interest in my home.

Many of us pay far more towards this country then probably you or your wife, we have the right to express opinions.

Take care of your own and be the man of the house that is the Thai way, if you intend staying do not talk like a guest or assume others view themselves as such due to the lack of a little piece of paper saying otherwise,

keep her safe and yourself too.

You will get no argument from me on you posting

because you made it clear that it was your opinion

it would be nice when people pull Thais down they say it is only their opinion

I have said before, many member here are giving Thais a reson to turn on us when this mess is over

Only point I query

as you not know me or what position I hold in Thailand the statement that, many farlang pay more taxes that I do, can not be based on any facts, so please say there will be some.

I can do that, i should have written possibly not probably and some is a better word apologies wink.png

There has always been an element of resentment towards foreigners it isnt just farang they have a problem with. Heres the thing though, Thailand will have to get used to a more transparent and more critical world, it cannot close itself off unless it shuts off the internet, which it wont.

The world is a communication highway now and what took generations to filter through will now be embraced or demanded in a few short years. Thailand must wake up and modernise in its thinking and policies towards both its own people and accept that if it wishes to have all the cool trappings and dealings with the rest of the world it has a standard it must come up to.

it cannot wind back the clock nor stem the tide and it needs visionary's not old dinosuars.

i have heard racism sexism and downright appalling abuse both here and on these protest stages over the past few weeks. In a country with real laws and real rights there would be literally hundreds in court for such public statements, professionals struck off and many many more fined or damaged careers. Here they think it is funny and acceptable, elsewhere a large % of the civilised world thinks its disgusting.

the damage to its image this time around is not just the physical violence but also the way the smiling mask has not only slipped but fallen right off to bare all that is putrid and nasty underneath.

I hope it can recover as rapidly as it has erroded but somehow i dont think we have hit the bottom here just yet.

Edited by englishoak

Its over

What is the title of the article in the other paper? I thought it would have been the main headline.

As you understand I can not name the newspaper

But I would say its the biggest paper in Thailand and yes it is on the front page

to keep Yingluk safe and not burn her bridges, the artlcle does not make a direct quote for the PM

But refers that she has sent signals to The protest leaders that this is what she is prepared to do

Again, if this is correct and the protest does not stop

I will gladly add my opinion that the protest no longer for the betterment for Thailand

I was thinking the same. I wonder if grenades can be modified, take out some of the explosive, so they are not as "lethal"? So they create more of a warning signal than tear a bunch of people apart?

It would certainly be possible, but the answer is more likely that they are old and the explosive has decayed and lost some of its potency. Armies regularly destroy old munitions for just that reason.

• Like 1

But I would say its the biggest paper in Thailand and yes it is on the front page

to keep Yingluk safe and not burn her bridges, the artlcle does not make a direct quote for the PM

But refers that she has sent signals to The protest leaders that this is what she is prepared to do

I will gladly add my opinion that the protest no longer for the betterment for Thailand

You can name the Bangkok Post. And you can even tell me the title of the article. You just can't link to it, or quote large portions of it.

Edit: Found it. It is the front page, titled "A Long Battle".

I would have thought that her "offer" to step down would be the main headline.

Edited by whybother

You should try to comment on what's relevant in your link to the current thread rather than just posting the link. That way we can discuss or debate your point of view.

Cheers

Edited by Local Drunk

You can name the Bangkok Post. And you can even tell me the title of the article. You just can't link to it, or quote large portions of it.

Edit: Found it. It is the front page, titled "A Long Battle".

I would have thought that her "offer" to step down would be the main headline.

I agree with you 100%

this is why I feel is is not genuine

but for the good of Thailand I hope it is

If Suthep does not accept this offer he is proving to all Thais he is just a power mad thug

but to be fair if he agrees and the PM back tracks she must wear the same title

You should try to comment on what's relevant in your link to the current thread rather than just posting the link. That way we can discuss or debate your point of view.

Cheers

I already have

The PM has sent signals to Suthep to resign and postpone the elections if

Suthep calls off the Protest and promises no to harm her family

I seen it but I not believe it

Not sure if this has been posted before but lots of speculation (just speculation, I might add, hope there's not going to be a witch-hunt for the wrong person) that the culprit is one of the Navy SEALs previously arrested by police. The grenade is of the same rare type used in the attack on Friday, so bomber was likely the same guy or team for both attacks.

BeWD9owCQAAjSbp.jpg

Juxtaposed with the arrested SEAL:

BeWBpXGCIAEjrnL.jpg

image35.jpeg

That ID is a very long leap of faith, and I find it very hard to believe that "they" would use the same compromised individual to carry out attacks.

Latest report from one of the protesters' speech given live half an hour ago (FMTV website) said that the head shot photo of the service man in the photo ID is NOT the same man who bomb attacked behind the stage. He wanted to notify to the protesters not to get mixed up with the pictures.

Really? How can they be so sure? I don't know whether it is or not, like AleG says they probably wouldn't be so stupid to use the same people, I just posted it because that's what many people are suggesting.

how convenient, he could be anyone on the street, this whole thing is to put doubt to Suthep.

Anyway good will overpower evil(Shins)!!! Just wait and see.

certain;y not safe to have kiddies there...one crowd panic could be awful

I agree these protesters are risking their lives to oust this corrupt government while being set upon by thug's and the goverment as expected has not caught a single one.

No kids should be there.. the government will become more desperate and more acts will follow. The government is loosing on all sides.. farmers want them out.. corruption investigations.. a rice scam ready to explode. Where I come from we have a saying that a cornered animal (the government) will do strange and dangerous things.

So keep the kids out of there.

If the majority want the government out, then just remind me again what's the problem with a frigging election??????????????

Not even 20% of the people in Bangkok support Suthep.

They are just a small minority scared of elections... -_-

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lets not forget the things the Yellow shirts have done in the last 2.5 months of protests....

Destroying government property

Brutally Assaulting Law Enforcement Personel

Attack RED shirt protesters near the University

Cutting water and power to hospitals and police stations

Threatening the lives of the PM and her Cabinet

Disrupting business in Bangkok

Damaging Thailand's reputation in the world

They are acting like Terrorists .....

They should be treated as such (not all of them but the worst need to be punished)

Yingluck has used the utmost restraint and not allowed police to carry weapons...

Now lets see who is the most rational in this predicament.

And the red thugs in 2010?

Different time and different problem ...its 2014 now and this PM was elected by the people.

In 2010, I was living in BKK .....the REDS DID get nasty when the government (headed by an UN-ELECTED PM) starting shooting the peaceful demonstrators.

Apples and Oranges.

You have no idea what you are talking about

Please learn about Politics

The people do not vote in the Government

The people vote in MP's

The group with the most Mps create a government

At that time the government was created by the majority of MP's

So they where elected by elected MP's

So they where the elected government

Please stop trying to re write history and the polictical system

But the majority of people voteed against the Dems (again !!) and only via a judicial coup and very suspect legal basis.. Plus a huge amount of arm twisting to Newin and the BJT from the bangkok elite machinery (Prem, the royal council, etc).

You talk about the reds manipulating the countries politics but thats precisely whats been happening via every other institution for the last decade. The Red are at least doing it with handouts to the poor and a mandate from the majority, the others are doing it merely from a position of entrenched power players and a minority.

• Like 1

A grenade causes great injury are they getting mixed up with a bunch of firecrackers as the pictures do not give the resemblance of a grenade attack unless these are. Home made small devices to a cause minimum injury it is funny how the shin family are always accused when it comes to some sort of explosion. I hope the injured are okay and that the injuries are very minor I can only see the escalating I think we can say goodbye to the high season and the influx of tourists this year which will have an adverse effect on the Thai economy.

Having served as a Medic in Viet Nam, I can assure you that I have seen many grenade attacks and the resulting damage to both property and bodies... I see no where near that amount of property damage in any of the photos from the attack sites, and in almost all cases anyone close enough to receive injuries would either be dead or have extreme life threatening injuries...

Regardless of whom is responsable, I think at best (or worst) these devices are possibly extremely large fireworks or poorly home made explosives... And anyone who has spent much time in Thailand knows, the material required for making such, can be purchased almost anywhere in Thailand...

Pianoman

There´s pictures of the man throwing a hand grenade, there´s the pins and the spoons of the grenades found at the scene of the attacks, four people were detained carrying the same type of grenades used in this attacks, what else do you need?

By the way STILL no further news about those four people, total silence. One thing I'm sure of, if the police had the slightlest suspicion those people would be linked to the anti-government protesters they'd be shouting it from the rooftops and staging pictures of the arsenal with whistles and what not.... but, silence.

• Like 1

Its over

Your clearly in cloud cuckoo land.. the article clearly doesnt say that.

The piece says she has 'sent signals' and 'is trying to seek talks' but of course dear leader has stated he will never discuss or negotiate.. So we have a stalemate.

Suthep demands (constantly, continually, and ever changing) and then refuses to discuss, clarify, or negotiate.. How can anyone attempt to set policy with such a person.

Cheers

I already have

So you now agree.. the ball is firmly in Sutheps court and if he fails to take her up on this offer.. The ongoing problem lies at his door ??

Cheers

I already have

So you now agree.. the ball is firmly in Sutheps court and if he fails to take her up on this offer.. The ongoing problem lies at his door ??

The piece says she has 'sent signals' and 'is trying to seek talks' but of course dear leader has stated he will never discuss or negotiate.. So we have a stalemate.

Who is in cookoo land my posting said "She has sent signal's to allow her a retreat

I then said that ith Suthep does not agree , he then is not a leader who has the best of Thailand interest in mind

Even when there is a light at the end of the tunnel you are hell bent on keeping the problem going

Fact

1) If Yingluck is prepared to step down and put back the election till after the 180 days she has the best interests of Thailand at mind

2) If Suthep does not agree then he does not have the best interest of Thailand at mind

or

1) If Suthep does agree then he does have the best interest of Thailand at mind

2) If Yingluck changes her mind because the master tells her not to step down and put back the election till after the 180 days, PTP only has the best interests of themselves in Mind

all your debating will not change any thing

It is now up to these 2 people

Lets the decide who is for Thailand

every on wants an election

just people some use their brains, and wants it after the 180 days have passed where Yngluk can give her brother get out of jail free card

And the most naive person of the year award goes to...

Edited by diceq

that is another part of the PDRC story that stinks.

They were saying there were 6 of them and they chased them but were shot at.

Now the story is that the guy calmly got on a mototaxi and went off. The taxi bike has confirmed where he dropped the guy.

So... Its an outright lie. The PDRC ran around making a noise at another part of the site whilst the grenade thrower calmly walks off. If there was no chase, and no gunshots... What was there original story all about?

Not strange really. Maybe there were 5 people chasing him and they were mistaken for assailants.

• Like 1

First.. Learn to quote properly.. Its not difficult.

Who is in cookoo land my posting said "She has sent signal's to allow her a retreat

I then said that ith Suthep does not agree , he then is not a leader who has the best of Thailand interest in mind

Even when there is a light at the end of the tunnel you are hell bent on keeping the problem going

Fact

1) If Yingluck is prepared to step down and put back the election till after the 180 days she has the best interests of Thailand at mind

2) If Suthep does not agree then he does not have the best interest of Thailand at mind

or

1) If Suthep does agree then he does have the best interest of Thailand at mind

2) If Yingluck changes her mind because the master tells her not to step down and put back the election till after the 180 days, PTP only has the best interests of themselves in Mind

all your debating will not change any thing

It is now up to these 2 people

Lets the decide who is for Thailand

You said (and I quoted it so you couldnt wriggle)

Its over

The article is very clear in that she is trying to have talks, a discussion, a meeting, some negotiation.. And 'on offer' is potentially her resignation..

That isnt the same as "she has said she will" and if she doesnt she is telling a lie and has no legitimacy to govern. An offer is not a deal. Suthep wont come to the table so an offer is just that, an offer, the ball is now in his court.

If Suthep refuses her offer.. What is your opinion then ??

• Like 1

That has already been debunked, it is not the same man and authorities already accepted and stated its not

Got a source for that claim of yours?

The photos of the PDRC guard and seal who was previously arrested (as per online chatter.. I dont have a source for the arrest pictures) and then released..

Sure look a lot like him.. I mean, maybe not enough to say with absolute certainty.. But where was he, what is his alibi, etc etc.