Two explosions rock Bangkok, Victory Monument and Rajvith Hospital

george

It seems funny in a sad way but every time there is a lull either Yingluck, Thaksin or the PTP/UDD do or say something that just pisses more people off. The only thing that this is going to do is give the people more reason to group together.

Thank God they did this at VM at least there is a good hospital right there.

My prayers go out to all that were injured.

Edited by kingstonkid

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2010 Riots were between the Red Shirts, the Military, and Assailants known only as Unknown Black Shirts or Third Hand peeople.

The Yellow Shirts did not confront the Red Shirts at all. The Yellow Shirts were no where to be seen and as a Public Group were not publicly involved in any of the Violene or Conflicts of 2010.

Actually some Yellow Shirts, under the guise of Multicolor Shirts, did protest against the Red Shirts, the most notable example was when they protested at Sala Daeng station. They were attacked with grenades, fancy that.

Any organisation/party who utilizes/enables people to throw grenades(whether their hand made or military made) will be found out in the end. It is absolutely disgusting that the innocent people, street venders are the victims of these attacks. Truth will find a way of coming out, it always does. Its just a shame that this situation is escalating out of control. Not only are people being killed or injured, but the Thai economy is taking a massive beating at the moment and it will only get worse. I hope for everyone's sake that a peaceful resolution can be made. If the military needs to get involved to mediate things, then so be it.Sounds like the police just cannot be trusted to protect their own people.

LOL

Why always beat the police only? Is there anyone (maybe I'd better say - anyThing) that can be trusted?

Edited by NHT

Bye bye high season. See you next year if we decide to keep trying to run a business in this madhouse.

Not in Chiangmai so far! (knock on wood) With direct flights to Chiangmai nowadays I'm convinced that

the low tourist numbers are mostly effecting Bangkok.

So so! so much from us, TV members, you have to be so ignorant to not know what is going on ! If you know the Thai people and their history, their way, you should know this will play out. It is children finding their way. It has to happen. Very very sad, Enlightenment happens.

Both, all, sides have nothing to offer the average Thai.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Where are the good men, women? I think it will take time and education.

• Like 1

It is a crying shame, that relatively innocent protesters get hurt.

Having said that: who knows really, who is responsible?

It could be Red-shirts (why the Government would responsible for that...I wouldn't know, but...) it could be just some hooligans.

I think, these attacks are genuine.

I am not buying the crap of "organized" attacks on Abisith, Sukumband etc. when they are conveniently not at home.

Not one of them!

And the attack on Friday...well...things don't ad up, to have me convinced, it wasn't a staged act.

Sorry, but for me again, things are too convenient.

The last minute change of the march, the bunch of empty buildings, the fact that the grenade not even went of anywhere near Suthep, the conveniently stored guns (why the hell, would anyone direct attention to the storage like that?), the "red" cap, the fact, that the "weapons" are more likely toys, than real weapons.

I wish all victims of the attacks a speedy recovery and my condolences to the family of the dead.

Anyone who is involved in these act should hang their head in shame.

The bomb attacks were just designed to intimidate, not kill - in which case it isn't that big a deal where the target is as long as they know about the incident. You'd have to be very stupid assassin to try to kill someone by throwing a grenade into their driveway while they're in the house.

It is common knowledge that Abhisit spends a lot of time at another address and usually goes to the address that got bombed / blooded for the purpose of visiting his father, who is the main inhabitant of that address.

Aha...ahm..."thanks"...I guess...???!!

...or it could be, that they are not even to intimidate anyone.

They are just part of a big show?!

I am not saying, that I have prove or what I say is absolutely right!

I said "I am not buying it"...but thanks for the input.

Well. Police on to this like a shot were they not. Think they know its one of Sutheps men. CCTV pics 4 at least look clear as a bell and in colour.

Names appearing already but only speculation..... But if you follow twitter and follow the FB links, they have the name of a Navy seal one of Sutheps Bodyguards.... lots of pics and lots of speculation.

Proves nothing, but there is a debate raging.

• Like 1

There are two types of Thaivisa posters.. Those who see Thailand for what it is, and those whose wife tells them how it is..

Which of the two best describes yourself, the former or the latter?

There are two types of Thaivisa posters.. Those who see Thailand for what it is, and those whose wife tells them how it is..

Well, everyone would answer that one the same, but honestly, my wife won't talk politics with me.

How you come to the conclusion she is not part of the majority must be based on the facts that last time PTP has been winning with corruption

You accuse PTP for being corrupt even though Suthep and the people he takes orders from are even worse. Then you have the audacity to accuse us of being hypocrites.

• Like 1

Well. Police on to this like a shot were they not. Think they know its one of Sutheps men. CCTV pics 4 at least look clear as a bell and in colour.

Names appearing already but only speculation..... But if you follow twitter and follow the FB links, they have the name of a Navy seal one of Sutheps Bodyguards.... lots of pics and lots of speculation.

Proves nothing, but there is a debate raging.

Would love the links, TY

I always thought there were two types of people. The ones who can think for themselves and form their own opinions after looking at both sides. Or the bandwagon jumpers who just believe what their friends or family thinks.

Amazing if they can prove it was a suthep sidekick,It will show the protestors what suthep and the PDRC really think of those who support them and how they will use lives to gain publicity.it makes corruption on the other side a little less important

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kingalfred

Hey, you have to give credit to these red troll posters, all two or three of them. Every time something nasty happens they invent and register yet another TV avatar & are at it again, as if they are someone else. They are persistent, and can't be getting much sleep..

There is a beer bar somewhere where computers with internet are free to this forum, drinks are free and the girls are pre paid

all by the PTP party

Myself and 5 friend are try to find it while our wive are protestiing

Its not fair

You mean, your thai- wife is not letting you out of the house ...and I really doubt that you have 5 friends!

Also I suggest, you change the Senior Member into a more realistic Senile Member.

From now on, I will treat your uninformed, unfunny posts, which are obviously dictated by your overly xenophobic wife, as what they are: trolling of the worst kind!

Oh and: if you don't like it -get out?!

I didn't have much hope for you from the beginning, but that is lan\me!

I am here, I like, I will stay- but I refuse to leave my brain at the immigration and if I see things that I deem worthy a comment, I will comment.

If any Thai (or else) find my comment useful or enlightening or not- up to them!

But no one will take away my right to speak up!

Good night, "sir"!

Lets look at your posting

1) there is no where in my posting where I said I was not allowed out of the house, in fact I joked myself an 5 other friends are looking for the PTP supported bar, so you started of with a total rewrite of whar I said

2) You say you doubt if I have 5 friends

My dear friend any farlang that lives in Thailand with more than 5oo baht n his pocket has would be friends, but even not using this probability, you now are using the same logic about me that you know all about a person you not know, this would of coarse confirm

any thing else you say is based on a non factual knowlege basis.

3) You now feel you are judge and jury and telling Thai Visa what to do with their members

4) Then you pull down all thai women who think that Taskin is corrupt, by saying they are xenophobic

I bet there are a lot of other western men that eally love you after what you say about the lady they love

5) "I am here and her I will Stay" Now I have found a farlang who feels he has more of a rights than thais them selves, and this is now his land and thai people must do things his way

6) and in the end basically says if I upset thais I do not give a s...t

I must say the PTP could not have imported a better person to spew there ways

the only thing I worry about is one day Thais might just turn against us western men

and who can blame them after hearing you push your ways down their throats

Amazing if they can prove it was a suthep sidekick,It will show the protestors what suthep and the PDRC really think of those who support them and how they will use lives to gain publicity.it makes corruption on the other side a little less important Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He will most likely be found with twelve, self inflicted gunshot wounds to the head and a suicide note implicating one side or the other.

Well if it discourages people from attending the protests, Thaksin does benefit, right?

Not really. Disrupting people from going to work and getting on with their daily lives serves Thaksin. Suthep is only doing it to provoke a military intervention. The longer this drags on, the less support he will have.

• Like 1

I think it will take time and education.

EXACTLY!

We all do.... but is there really enough time?

The education is only part of the job. There has to be a cultural change where respect does not mean subservience to ones alleged betters in Hi-So's/

Asking questions is also treated as a punishable offence in schools here so often the kids don't learn why or explore for deteals other than what the teacher has to hand. It embarrasses teacher if the kids ask, so they are discouraged with a beating... still.

So, teacher is explaining about thrust and how rockets sustain momentum in space with no gravity... ok Kids ask, "what if it wants to stop" WHACK... teacher is not prepared for question. Kids learn not to ask again.

This lesson follows them into adulthood and applies irrespecive of how well educated they are or not. Even a lot of the well educateds are the same and have glaring gaps in their knowledge that are rarely exposed due to cultural issues.

You therefore get people who are supposed to be educated following Suthep in the same blind unasking manner that they accuse the Issan farmers of following Thaksin. They are as slavish in there devotion... with no good need.

Edited by pipkins
  • Like 1

How you come to the conclusion she is not part of the majority must be based on the facts that last time PTP has been winning with corruption

You accuse PTP for being corrupt even though Suthep and the people he takes orders from are even worse. Then you have the audacity to accuse us of being hypocrites.

I have now found some one who believe the PTP are not corrupt

My god my friend what time did you plane land

please read some of the past postings

you have a godd educations right here in Thai Visa

• Like 1

Amazing if they can prove it was a suthep sidekick,It will show the protestors what suthep and the PDRC really think of those who support them and how they will use lives to gain publicity.it makes corruption on the other side a little less important Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If they can.. and if its true.. then he will loose all support as he should. Strange actually that most normal thinking people would abandon him while I bet the red supporters would not abandon YL.

Though I admit.. id abandon Suthep.. (though I cant say i like the man much now but he is better as the alternative.. unless proven he is behind this) but I wont abandon the cause getting this corrupt government out.

I have lost track of how many "grenade" reported bombings there have been in the last week or so. But tell me, o wise ones, is the term "grenade" being used in error by low intelligence level reporters, or do they now sell grenades at the local 7-Elevens in Bangkok? If so why not supply the security guards with several to lob back at the original attacker.

Oh yes, a real mature idea from you Gonzo. Do you also like to throw gasoline on fires?