No frills Thai TV options...

bobl

Did an admittedly brief search and found little info on what I'm looking for, most people seem interested in IPTV & ways to see English language channels, channels from home, etc.

So, briefly...

I live out in the sticks. I HAD a huge analogue TV antennae on a long pole until the strong winds last year that in addition to a couple of trees, brought down the pole so the antenna is simply lying on the roof. BEFORE it fell down, we had three or four fuzzy local channels. Now that it's down, we have only one even more fuzzy channel (understandably).

I've been reluctant to get someone in to put it back up since merely getting back to 3 or 4 fuzzy channels seems rather pointless.

So, the question is what is the cheapest possible option for getting all the local channels clearly?

I watch ALL my tv offline so it's not for me - I couldn't be less interested in being able to watch sports, English channels, whatever. It would just be nice to have the local channels for the odd occasion Mrs Bobl wants to watch the news or whatever.

I see these little 1.2m Ku dishes everywhere so I'm guessing that's the way to go, hooked up to the simplest decoder that'll get me the local channels. What should I expect to pay for this?