Flightsim Control Yoke

Tywais

I'm trying to find a flight simulator control yoke (game) specifically the CH product USB version. Tried some of the flying club web sites with no luck. Anyone seen them available in Thailand?

post-566-1148129881.jpg

I have the Logitech WingMan Force 3D, which is the closest to airplane control accesories I could find...

Sure would be nice to find a yoke and pedals, maybe even a throttle quadrant to go with it...

I have the Logitech WingMan Force 3D, which is the closest to airplane control accesories I could find...

Sure would be nice to find a yoke and pedals, maybe even a throttle quadrant to go with it...

Definitely would like to have all those too. :o The joystick (Wingman) I have just doesn't do it for me, too jerky. I've only flown aircraft (real ones) with yokes and want the feel back for my instrumentation simulation practice.

Aaah, there's the difference, all the real planes I've flown had sticks :D

Seriously, the wingman doesn't come close to what a real stick feels like either...

And yes, pretty much every IFR equiped plane is yoke controlled (apart from airbus and the cirrus sportsplanes with their fancy side sticks)

Now what I would like to get my hands on is some decent flightsim controls for helicopters, means you'll need a cyclic, torque pedals and a collective...

The helicopter emulation engines of the latest flightsims are getting pretty close to the real thing (meaning pretty close to impossible to fly :o ), but you really do need these controls to get any semblance of the real thing...

The helicopter emulation engines of the latest flightsims are getting pretty close to the real thing (meaning pretty close to impossible to fly :o ), but you really do need these controls to get any semblance of the real thing...

I took flight lessons in a helicopter (one of those bug catchers with all glass canopy) and decided it was just too wierd. Once transitioned to forward flight, it flew like a plane (with a stick of course) but those takeoffs and landings just didn't feel right. :D

Could you recommend any good helicopter simulation software? I don't mind flying them as long as they stay on the ground.

Generally the helicopter simulation is best on the X-plane flightsim, although the microsoft is not to bad either...

Takes some time to tweak the controls for choppers, but once you found what works best for you it's ok...

Yeah, had the chance to take control once, pretty OK when flying, but once slowed under transitional speed the bugger just starts to do it's own thing, feels like your only along for the ride...

Edited by monty

Generally the helicopter simulation is best on the X-plane flightsim, although the microsoft is not to bad either...

Takes some time to tweak the controls for choppers, but once you found what works best for you it's ok...

Yeah, had the chance to take control once, pretty OK when flying, but once slowed under transitional speed the bugger just starts to do it's own thing, feels like your only along for the ride...

Thanks for that info, will look for a copy. Just came across this site that has helicopter add-ons for FS2004 and they appear to be free but will have to wait until I get to work with a faster connection to try and download some. http://simviation.com/fs2004helicopters27.htm

Saw another forum that shows how to modify some standard joystick controls to perform as cyclic by reversing it. They had it strapped to the side of an office chair. :D

Trying to hover those things is like trying to stand straight and still on a tub of jello. :o