Would you swap the current weather for a year round climate for the usual 3 seasons?

HeavyDrinker

3 seasons ? Thought there were 4 in the UK.

The cooler weather is certainly a nice change.

Well there certainly is 4 Seasons in Canada.

If you like cooler weather, I just came back from North East Thailand were I could see my breath at night and early morning. First time I had long pants on and a light jacket since I have been here. Flight from Bangkok cost about $100. Cheap Hotels, if you know were to look.

I personally wouldn't trade Thailand Weather for 3 Seasons, 4 Seasons, or the 8 Seasons on Mars.

Let me put it this way. You can survive outside for many hours when it is 30C, although a bit uncomfortable. I worked in +50C in the Sahara Desert, so I would know. But you can't survive outside in Canada this long, when it is -40C, no matter what you wear.

Now, if you were me, you pick which place you would prefer.

I sometimes cant believe that I have acclimatised so well here. The temperature here in Ubon got down to about 16 degrees C last night and I was freezing! Nice though for snuggling up to the GF. 16 degrees C in Scotland would herald a heatwave - everyone would be off to the beach and the ice-cream shops would be doing a roaring trade.

I think the 3 seasons here are great - when it gets really hot, an hour or so in the pool everyday does the trick.

• Like 1

Be careful of what you wish for

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/454657/Ice-age-on-the-way-as-scientists-fear-the-Sun-is-falling-asleep

So now it seems all the global warming was nothing, compared to lack of Sun activity

"A new ice age could be on its way to Europe and some other parts of the Earth following an alarming fall occurred in the performance power of the Sun, scientists have warned"

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/01/20/346654/new-mini-ice-age-may-hit-earth/

Howling cold winds though my condo tonight, maybe its coming quicker than we thought tongue.png

Wasn't aware that Al Gore was a member of this forum .

NO, I hate the cold.

I like to wander out in the garden ar 2am with only my underpants on, Now I can't or won't.

In this weather you must be careful. Squirrels have been known to mistake meat and two veg for a couple of acorns on a twig.

Why do you think they call November 'till end of February "Tourist-Season?" Because the rest of the year Thailand is nothing else than a 24-hour Finnish-Sauna that you can not turn off.

Enjoy! Cheers.

When temperature is below 20C I get cold feet and cold hands, that's no fun I tell ya.

Thus the 9 months where temp is 30C+ I use aircon at night.

2013 did not notice any day with temps 40C+.

I spend most of my time on my terrace with my ipad (books, internet), just not right now, hands reached lower temp limit, begin to feel uncomfortable.

Seems tomorrow will be the end of the cold front.