Immigration Crackdown in North-East Thailand

Ubon. I have just looked on the Thai Embassy website in London and it does in fact say nothing about financial proof rather than 20000 baht per person. Birmingham also. Hull have mysteriously dropped their 800000 rule since i applied last August. Wish they would make their minds up. If applying from the Uk i will apply by post to anywhere but Hull. Thanks again and i apologise for making you repeat yourself again. smile.png

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sd12, I hope you will solve your problem in coming here.

You know, your problem is just simple. You will not stay here long, right?

Just enter Thailand with tourist visa and that is 30days upon arrival. Before reaching your 30 days here, you can go to Laos to get a single entry and that is good for 2 months. You already have less than 3 months here.

After your single entry obtain from Laos, you can go twice or trice to Cambodia with just a length of 15 days each.

Going to Aranyapratet, Cambodia is just from the morning and you can get back in the afternoon to your family.

That is what I did before when I had no work permit yet.

Edited by DGIE

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ubon. I have just looked on the Thai Embassy website in London and it does in fact say nothing about financial proof rather than 20000 baht per person. Birmingham also. Hull have mysteriously dropped their 800000 rule since i applied last August. Wish they would make their minds up. If applying from the Uk i will apply by post to anywhere but Hull. Thanks again and i apologise for making you repeat yourself again. smile.png

Sd12, I hope you solve your problem in coming here.

You know, your problem is just simple. You don't stay here long, right?

Just enter Thailand with tourist visa and that is 30days upon arrival. Before reaching your 30 days here, you can go to Laos to get a single entry and that is good for 2 months. You already have less than 3 months here.

After your single entry obtain from Laos, you can go twice or trice to Cambodia with just a length of 15 days each.

Going to Aranyapratet, Cambodia is just from the morning and you can get back in the afternoon to your family.

You don't get a visa on entry it is a visa exempt entry. If you don't have a ticket out within 30 or a visa you can be denied boarding of your flight.

Your suggestion seems a lot more expensive and time consuming than obtaining a visa before departing.

Also since he is from the UK he would get 30 day visa exempt entry at a border crossing now.

Imagine that...requiring a foreign nurse looking to work in a Thai hospital, presumably caring for Thai patients and interacting with fellow Thai nurses and doctor colleagues, to be able to pass a written/oral test conducted in Thai. The cheek of it! No other country would ever impose such an onerous and unnecessary requirement on foreign healthcare professionals working in their respective countries that they be able to understand that country's native language...NOT!

It's still THAILAND folks...not Farangland.

It takes over two years for a Filipino to be approved for a nursing job in the states they also have to take additional classes to improve their English ( I have been there many times and they do not speak excellent English if any at all) many are now going to the UK as requirement and time involved are not so demanding.

Where did you get the information that it takes 2 years for a Filipino nurse to be approved for a nursing job in the states and they also have to take additional classes to improve their English skills?

I have a Filipino friend who is now a nurse in the US and had never undergone what you said.

After a year she helped 2 other friends and those friends of her never went to classes to improve their English as you said and they didn't wait for 2 years approval.

Americans don't need Filipinos to be as excellent in English as they are so they can get the nursing jobs.

What vocabulary or sentence structures do nurses need to learn in order to be qualified working in states as nurses?

Sd12, I hope you solve your problem in coming here.

You know, your problem is just simple. You don't stay here long, right?

You don't get a visa on entry it is a visa exempt entry. If you don't have a ticket out within 30 or a visa you can be denied boarding of your flight.

Your suggestion seems a lot more expensive and time consuming than obtaining a visa before departing.

Also since he is from the UK he would get 30 day visa exempt entry at a border crossing now.

Yap! I missed to say that he needs a return ticket to what I suggested.

Well, maybe the return ticket is what makes my suggestion more expensive.

For tourists, return ticket should be used within few weeks only so if Sd12 stays here for 4 months, he cannot use the return ticket.

Thanks for your suggestions DGIE. I know, making something quite simple, more complicated. Still a bit naive with all the options, of which there seem to be a good few. I still have to use my return flight within a few weeks even if i had an onward cheap ticket to kl in this time?Cheers again.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Sd12

There is no 800000 baht rule when getting retirement visa in Sweden. Either you need to have a monthly income/pension of 14500 sek. Or 3 months cash deposit of 44500 sek in a bank. And a statement from the bank that the money have been there all those months. One sek is 5 baht.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for your suggestions DGIE. I know, making something quite simple, more complicated. Still a bit naive with all the options, of which there seem to be a good few. I still have to use my return flight within a few weeks even if i had an onward cheap ticket to kl in this time?Cheers again.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The return ticket is just to show to the immigration at the airport that you are only touring and will go home in few weeks. But, you don't need to go home because of that ticket. So that becomes a loss in your part because you paid for it but will not use.

If you have been a customer to the ticket agency, ask them if they can do dummy ticket for your return ticket. PM me for this thing