Customs find bag of rhino horns at Suvarnabhumi

webfact

Customs find bag of rhino horns at Suvarnabhumi
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- CUSTOMS OFFICIALS found nine rhinoceros horns worth about Bt21 million in a bag at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Sunday evening. The bag was allegedly intended for a flight to Hanoi in Vietnam.

"We have submitted the rhinoceros horns to police," Customs Department's deputy director general Paisal Chuenjit told the press yesterday.

The horns, which weighed about 21.80 kilograms, are |prohibited items under the wildlife protection law and CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) and |hence had to be destroyed.

"We will contact relevant authorities in Vietnam in a bid to crackdown on this smuggling gang," he said.

The bag, with a nametag reading Vanta/ Nguyen, had initially been left behind at Nairobi Airport before it was sent onward by Kenya Airways. The bag had stopped off at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Sunday on its way to Hanoi.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-21

Impose death penalty on trafficking endanger animal products, rhino to be use as medicine and daggers .

Do not used killing animals as legal or scientific excuses like dolphins in Taijin. In ancient time human might need as food source but now we don't need to eat whales and dolphins to survive. Let's these animal to live for our children and grand children to see.

• Like 2

This will only stop if the buying stops or they rhinos go extinct like the black one not too long ago. They should just cut off the horns of all the still living rhinos in the wild to protect them.

as if the horns have no useful purpose while the animal is alive ?? <deleted>

• Like 1

Impose death penalty on trafficking endanger animal products, rhino to be use as medicine and daggers .

Do not used killing animals as legal or scientific excuses like dolphins in Taijin. In ancient time human might need as food source but now we don't need to eat whales and dolphins to survive. Let's these animal to live for our children and grand children to see.

And that goes for the member of the Dallas Safari Club who recently paid 350K dollars for a licence to shoot a rare black Rhino, so it's not just the 'poor' Asians. He should be bloody well shot along with all his club chums who believe killing wild animals is fun.

• Like 2

Actually, there is a rhino preservation site in South Africa with about 800 rhinos (and growing). All the rhinos have their horns trimmed when they grow too long and it is saving their lives.

I am all for it. It is too late to allow them to live normal lives after the numbskull politician in Vietnam claimed rhino horn saved him from cancer (which has sky rocketed the demand).

De-horn or lose a species.

cuthorn.jpg

Many Chinese guys will be sad. Their small sticks are won't be big as was expected. May be if they would shave it could get some optical development with out those 1 - 1.5 Kg hair.

ooooohhhhaaaaaaaaaaa <-- this was vomiting

sorry.gif

Actually, there is a rhino preservation site in South Africa with about 800 rhinos (and growing). All the rhinos have their horns trimmed when they grow too long and it is saving their lives.

I am all for it. It is too late to allow them to live normal lives after the numbskull politician in Vietnam claimed rhino horn saved him from cancer (which has sky rocketed the demand).

cuthorn.jpg

My wish only these Rhino-horn powder eater small Chinese pricks would meet with true Rhinos in Africa. I would pay 10 000 Baht for ticket to this attractive show. Not question. Also I wait there the Japanese dolphin killer fishermen (anyway they are not fishermen at all they are butchers).

There are a billion Chinese who believe that they need powdered rhino horn. A million of them can already afford it. There is no hope for the species. We are only delaying the inevitable. When all the rhinos are gone, they will invent some other superstitious "traditional medicine".

cuthorn.jpg

My wish only these Rhino-horn powder eater small Chinese pricks would meet with true Rhinos in Africa. I would pay 10 000 Baht for ticket to this attractive show. Not question. Also I wait there the Japanese dolphin killer fishermen (anyway they are not fishermen at all they are butchers).

I would willingly pay USD 10k to put some of the American " big game hunters" in with canned lions without a rifle, and see what happens but then again one suspects said lions would suffer a heart attack from all the fat consumed

• Like 1

And that goes for the member of the Dallas Safari Club who recently paid 350K dollars for a licence to shoot a rare black Rhino, so it's not just the 'poor' Asians. He should be bloody well shot along with all his club chums who believe killing wild animals is fun.

Well said and what about that dumb bitch with a rifle who shot the canned lion..... Really heroic she was