Sponsorshop Appendix SU07

Just in the process of starting UK Settlement Visa for my (soon-to-be) wife. The forms all seems to have changed in December and I am unsure whether I also need to complete a Sponsorship form SU07 (in addition to the Financial Requirements Appendix).

Also, one of the questions on the new form is how much do I spend on living expenses each month out of my income/savings. I can find no definition of what should be included in 'living expenses'.

Anyone have any definite information?

Interestingly they also now want to know (in the small guidance print) WHERE any savings came from......!

Thanks - can I double check this? I have at last also had a reply to an old email I sent to VFS (one which finally did not bounce back...).

They state:

"Sponsor will require to complete a Sponsorship undertaking form (SU07) as advised in online system. Please note that a sponsorship form can be signed by both you and your sponsor."

Unless the rules have changed recently, and I don't believe they have, a SU07 is only required for other adult relatives, not a spouse/partner.

It is certainly not on the list of required /documents/ and nor is it mentioned in the ECO's guidance which say that the ECO should only require an undertaking from a sponsor in exceptional circumstances or for certain categories eg parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives under Rule 317 of the Immigration Rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/ecb/ecb12/#header2