Should I run away to the mountains

leosuntime

If you just woke up this morning and thought about this, consider thinking again. It sounds great, in the hills, remote (even hiding.......whistling.gif ), new adventures, etc.

Fantastic! Until the novelty wears off. I live up-country, by no means remote, and have lost count of the number of people who have had similar notions. It works for some, but doesn't for most.

Think about it carefully..................wink.png

I thought you are going to Vietnam and you wanted to know the price of Gold Baht.

Now you are going to the mountains.

Next will be the moon.

Stop trolling.

Troll TROLL trolololol

the thaivisa boys club's FAVOURITE word is troll

get a grip on reality, people think, people communicate and then people act

you people are a headache for others

• Like 1

You'd need rice.

Do you know how to grow rice?

IF you didn't know already then you might starve whilst learning.

Also when the locals learnt they could take back "your" land with a 5 baht call to immigration, do you think they wouldn't ?

I have no family that wants me or cares about me

I have no friends at all

Every day im alone...

That's no reason to put your self in a position where you have no legal rights & and, as I suspect, not enough land or husbandry skills to keep yourself.

There's NO hiding from the authorities as a foreigner in Thailand, they'll check up on you every once in a while for sure, even if only by word of mouth. If they think you're up to anything sketchy more directly and frequently.

So being illegal is pretty stupid if you have a choice about it, the guys that get away with it have a cover story that fits into a well-worn pigeonhole so the BiB don't give them another thought.

You'll still need cash income.

And can't buy the land anyway.

• Like 2

Great idea.

But remember it takes a while to grow the fruit and the veg to be self sufficient.

Make sure you have running fresh water, then can wash and everything for nawt.

Take hundreds of books with you and spend the spare time reading, you will fall asleep easy at night after all the days work, even afternoon naps in the shade by the river as you doze off reading one of them books.

• Like 1

You can't own land as a foreigner. clap2.gif

Yes you can , just don't tell anyone, find some land and just settle down, then hope for the best .

I think perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word "own". Not a good business model when planting perennials.

if you are seriously asking, then maybe u have some doubts:

what happens if you are ill (malaria, dengue, dysentery)

food? farming is not easy and subsistance level farming isnt either, unless u can live on very little

u cant own land.

drinkable water may be a problem depending where u are

a lone foreigner nowadays might attract house robbers etc

immigration problems

money problems

easier , if u feel the need to get a way, is to go to a wat, as a foriegn monk or monk in training, there are many programs, if it all appeasl to u then u can extend the time. after all, the lifestyle u are asking about is practically the same at a wat (temple), or forest temple... food is provived as well as sleeping quarters, there are poeple around if needed but not if u dont want, but still safer in long run...

• Like 1

if you are seriously asking, then maybe u have some doubts:

what happens if you are ill (malaria, dengue, dysentery)

food? farming is not easy and subsistance level farming isnt either, unless u can live on very little

u cant own land.

drinkable water may be a problem depending where u are

a lone foreigner nowadays might attract house robbers etc

immigration problems

money problems

easier , if u feel the need to get a way, is to go to a wat, as a foriegn monk or monk in training, there are many programs, if it all appeasl to u then u can extend the time. after all, the lifestyle u are asking about is practically the same at a wat (temple), or forest temple... food is provived as well as sleeping quarters, there are poeple around if needed but not if u dont want, but still safer in long run...

By god, nothing like a monk in a temple life.

He can sleep in when he wants, eat what and when he wants, does not have to listen or take part in endless rants.

I have no family that wants me or cares about me

I have no friends at all

Every day im alone...

Sorry to hear that dude.

I suggest if this is the truth, go and do it, you've got nothing to lose.... well you may have a few things to lose but if I was in that situation I would go for it and see what happens. Do whatever makes you happy and good luck!