Huay Kaew / Canal Road Intersection

mgbcnx

Does anyone know why thru traffic on Huay Kaew has been forced to turn left on Canal Road lately? Are the signal lights broken?

For pedestrians that intersection has become a perilous crossing...

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

CMU graduation ceremony tomorrow, rehearsals today. A member of the royal family is probably in town now, along with a lot of other VIP's.

Expect traffic in the CMU area to be bad for the rest of the week. If Maya opens tomorrow (I read that was the date somewhere on TV) then traffic withing a kilometer of CMU or the Huay Kaew/Nimmanhamin intersection will be at a standstill for much of the day.

• Like 1

It took 45 minutes to drive from the corner of the Wing 41 road to Wat Suan Doak this afternoon... There was one policeman visible directing traffic in and out of one of the hospital zones, but otherwise, four lines of cars... on each side of the four lane road... all fighting for space to get through. People turning left from the right lanes or turning left from the right lanes... no one giving way... 2-3 policemen could have had traffic moving without much problem, but TIT.

Alluding to the earlier post, I smile to myself trying to imagine the reaction if a fluffy toy or balloon sales person set up their wares outside a UK or USA University graduation day!

That is one of the big differences between Thailand and the west. the Thais know how to get enjoyment out of life. Not just exist.

re

I smile to myself trying to imagine the reaction if a fluffy toy or balloon sales person set up their wares outside a UK or USA University graduation day!

they wouldnt ! but for the children leaving uni here

its ok

dave2

post-42592-0-74255500-1390447698_thumb.j

post-42592-0-56328000-1390447727_thumb.j

post-42592-0-39259600-1390447753_thumb.j

Alluding to the earlier post, I smile to myself trying to imagine the reaction if a fluffy toy or balloon sales person set up their wares outside a UK or USA University graduation day!

That is one of the big differences between Thailand and the west. the Thais know how to get enjoyment out of life. Not just exist.

Yes, what could possibly be more admirable then having a team of photographers taking pictures of you indulging in your vanity? LOL